Character falling through floor

Seems like a stupidly simple problem but searching the internet hasnt helped so far. Using the Daz to Unreal plugin, I'm importing a prop gym building but starting with the floor. so I import the floor into an already created 3rd person game start up, set the floors collision to block all and when I press play the character just falls through the imported floor. I've tried importing with static and skeleton mesh, the same happens. I've set all collisions I or the intenet suggestions can think of and even started a new blank project, loading the ground before the character. Any help would be great. thanks.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,029

I might be wrong as I don't know much about Unreal, but my guess would be that the floor doesn't have enough polygons for collisions to work well. Maybe try using a high-polygon plane just under the floor and colliding with that?

• I had a similar issue, not sure if the solution is the same for you but I had to set 'Is Spatially Loaded' to true (I think) for the landscape and the ground environment.  If the landscape is not loaded, the character will fall through.  Hope this helps.

• catmastercatmaster Posts: 226

Another place to check is the collision settings of the character capsule, which is the scene root component of the character BP, this capsule needs to block the collision type of the floor which by default is set to world static.

If the capsule falls through then any child skeletal mesh parented to it would fall through, regardless of the skeletal mesh's collision settings. The capsule is what controls the movement of the character.