RRRR Unlikely Occupations Winners announced

2»

Comments

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447

Okay, I finally got the GCs distributed -- I think.

I fervently hope everything works out for everybody, but if something goes awry, please let me know, so I can get it fixed.

But I have to say....

DAZ, seriously, what the hell were you thinking!?  The 'Forum' part of your site is the most incandescent pile of crap I have ever experienced!  (And I'm a web and application developer, so I know crap when I see it;  God knows, I've written more than my fair share of crap code over the years!)

Having vented..., when's the next one?  Maybe this time, I can participate a bit more than I have had time for recently....

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,530
    edited August 2015

Thanks Ken! Mine worked!

And I plan to launch next week, just been a little busy (more than usual), and it's good to see that you will hopefully have time to play. So Open Question to all: "Any special theme requests? Open theme? Any favorites you want to reincarnate for a rerun?"

And we talked about an RRRR Gallery, but it looks like we need to charm us up the ranks within DAZ to make that happen, anyone wanna take that mission to seduce Jack, Laurie or anyone else of the inner circle to let us have a RRRR Gallery the same way Platinum Club has a gallery? There are some real classics we need to save for the coming generations!

Post edited by Totte on
  • ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited August 2015

Would a place, or non-place be a possible topic. "Not on Earth". yes, as open ended as it may sound, it also raises some interesting questions. Like, Is "Lower middle earth" considered "on earth", lol. It was just a random half baked thought.

As for daz, I think I'm on the fringes of being on there 'bad side' of late. Not intentionally, I just keep stumbling onto stuff that's broken, lol.

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on

Not on my back yard or not in my neighbourhood would work, or even "not in this universe" ;-) I'll think about it! Can be VERY fun renders!

edited August 2015

A bit (okay, a lot) off-topic, but is anyone else having issues with the so-called "message" "feature" of these forums?

I get e-mail notifications that somebody has sent a message, but when I go to Messages from My Account, I see zip, zilch, nada, bupkis.

Seriously, did anyone at DAZ actually test this new software before they railroaded it into production?  Hell, I can crank out a better product than this drunk!  (And I have; in fact, I have written some of my best code on a bar napkin!)

Post edited by Ken OBanion on
  • ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited August 2015

A bit (okay, a lot) off-topic, but is anyone else having issues with the so-called "message" "feature" of these forums?

I get e-mail notifications that somebody has sent a message, but when I go to Messages from My Account, I see zip, zilch, nada, bupkis.

Seriously, did anyone at DAZ actually test this new software before they railroaded it into production?  Hell, I can crank out a better product than this drunk!  (And I have; in fact, I have written some of my best code on a bar napkin!)

Na, they fired that team. It was tested by a new team that works for banana peels. They found less problems that way, and It cost less then employing people, so management just assumed things are better with the new way of business. lol.

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

My Account > Messages is for store messages from Daz3D, for PMs click the gear in the upper right of the forum and choose Inbox.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2015

You need to go to your Inbox.  The message feature you are trying is for on site messages from Daz 3D.  You find your inbox by clicking the gear icon at the top of the forum.

Post edited by Chohole on

They are hidden under Inbox under the little dual coggish thing to the right of the sub menu (bluish). 

And if yiu are not logged in to the forums when you hit the mail link, you end up in your accounts page,

• What they tell you three times is true.

edited August 2015

This made me think of the Mythical Man Month and Project Managers, they think that 9 women can deliver a baby in one month.

Post edited by Totte on

That reminded me of Robert A. Heinlein's The Number of the Beast, in which commands were committed to the computerized vehicle (known as Gay Deceiver, if anyone cares) by the statement, 'I tell you three times'.

Yes, it dates me, but everybody already knows I'm an old fart.

What they tell you three times is true.

• The "tell you three times" thing is probably ancient, but I was paraphrasing from the Hunting of the Snark.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,668

Here is something new to me regarding DAZ Gift Certificates - they don't always arrive. I bought one on Aug 25th for one of the winners and I heard from her yesterday telling me she hadn't received it. I contacted sales and they sent me the # today. So from now on when I buy one for someone I will ask them to let me know if they do or don't receive it. I used DAZ' preferred method of asking the recepiant for email address and then having DAZ sent the GC to them. Hmmpf. frown

luci45 said:

Here is something new to me regarding DAZ Gift Certificates - they don't always arrive. I bought one on Aug 25th for one of the winners and I heard from her yesterday telling me she hadn't received it. I contacted sales and they sent me the # today. So from now on when I buy one for someone I will ask them to let me know if they do or don't receive it. I used DAZ' preferred method of asking the recepiant for email address and then having DAZ sent the GC to them. Hmmpf. frown

Good warning!! Richard is reading here so he now knows too.

• Totte said:
    luci45 said:

Good warning!! Richard is reading here so he now knows too.

That's why I always send them to myself (specifying my email address for both sender and recipient), and forward the numbers to the winners by PM.  That way, if anything goes wrong, it's MY fault!

Btw Ken, like your theme this month?

• Oh, yeah!  This is gonna be a howl!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,668

I thought the theme was stupid until I did my first pull. Then I said, "Oh yeah..." I love Forrest Gump's Mamma. You are awesome, Ken, and Totte too. wink