How to use the included ControlRig?

I see there is a ControlRig and simplified ControlRig supplied in the plugin content files but how do you integrate/attach it to your character?

Thank you for any help!

Comments

• catmastercatmaster Posts: 226
    edited December 2022

Open the control rig blueprint class, on the Preview Scene Settings tab on the right, change the Preview Mesh to the character then compile and save, drag this control rig to the viewport to use it.

The control rig included with DTU is broken, modify it to match the imported character bone rotations, or use this custom made template: https://github.com/guto88/ControlRigForDaz3D

Post edited by catmaster on
  • Perfect, thank you so much!

• Cat, my character winds up laying flat on their back with the rig from the link.  I tried reimporting rotating +90 in x but got the same result. Off the top of your head do you know how to correct for this? Thank you again for your help, I am very grateful!

Screenshot (179).png
    376 x 408 - 208K
  • catmastercatmaster Posts: 226
    edited December 2022

Tested this example project with Daz4.20 and UE5.03, with default settings unchanged for DTU plugin. No problem with the control rig from this sample project, see the attached image below. If export from other programs check the export settings make sure to put the Z axis up.

ControlRig.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 1M
    Post edited by catmaster on