head morphs not appearing in 4.5

Spent a long and frustrating day after having downloaded 4.5; I can't use any scene files I already have due to duplicate id's and cant start to make a new scene either.
When I load Genesis or any other figure, the morphs from Genesis Evolution: Head Morphs do not appear and i cannot access them. The files are all there but do not appear in the "shaping" tab. I cannot reload it as I have lost the original file as downloaded. How do i get these morphs to reappear?

Alternatively, is there somewhere I can re-install the old version of 4 from (I stupidly followed the instructions and deleted it) so I can do something until 4.5 becomes usable?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Duplicate ID's mean you need to RESET and download the newest version of that item for it to load and work properly. As for the Head Morphs due to an error in the first versions of DS4 they showed in both Shaping and Parameters. In the new Full DS4.5 you need to look in Parameters only, they do show properly in that tab.

I hope this helps you. I'm still resetting my old Genesis content and getting the updated files myself. I can say that the ones I have reinstalled do not do the ID error anymore.

• edited December 1969

Thanks for the info on morphs; it never occurred to me that something controlling shape wouldnt be in shaping.

I tried the fix script for the duplicate id and can't get it to work (I can't highlight the scene when I try to apply it); how do you reset the scenes. I also now see that the V5 gens also have the same error message so its not just scene files?

edited December 1969

Nope, most of the older Genesis sets have been updated. If you use any of them in a new scene and get the ID error you need to update that items files. It happens for clothing, characters and morphs. Lots of stuff has updates now.

I gave up on the script and just started updating all my genesis stuff. It fixes it and it's free also. Just remember to Uninstall the old version before you install the new version. Once you get all the updates your scenes should load fine. I think.

• edited December 1969

Thanks; I'm always a bit scared of uninstalling things incase I lose more than I bargained for.
    So are you suggesting I completely uninstall 4.5 (and older4 if the uninstaller still there) and re install it ?

edited December 1969

No, it's the Genesis content that will cause the ID error, Not DS4.5. You should reset all your older Genesis Content and reinstall it. That's what I'm doing. I've only installed DS4.5Pro once and I'm almost done with all my content files. That includes the pwShaders and others that are all listed in the Commons as needing the new files to work. When you update the ID error stops for that item.

• edited December 1969

Thanks for the info
    I'm being stupid- what do you mean by that? How do you reset the genesis and reinstall it?
    If you mean removing genesis from the scenes and putting in a new character, the error message still appears even when there is no genesis there (although it does seem to work)