Flat sandals for G9

Some time ago I had started modelling some simple sandals for G8F. But after G9 came out, I adapted everything to the new character and made the shoes as a unisex model. They fit pretty much most of the shapes that are available for G9 so far (I haven't tried Josie yet).
For the shape and colour schemes, I was inspired by Amazon's Essentials series, which also gave me the name: Myrina - Queen of the Amazons. I hope Jeff B. doesn't mind ...

https://www.deviantart.com/evanduuh/art/Myrina-Sandals-Freebie-for-DAZ3D-Genesis-9-940005333

Myrina_004.png
1680 x 2160 - 7M
Myrina_007.png
2160 x 2160 - 8M
Myrina_008.png
1200 x 1200 - 2M

Comments

• StarkdogStarkdog Posts: 162

Oh WOW!!! Those are nice.  At first, I thought i was looking at pictures, and not renders.  Anyhow, how did you go about rigging these without the toe distortion?  I made some flipflops for G3 and G8, but when the toe bends, the sole warps really bad.

I'll head on over and download ASAP!

Thanks, -David

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,550

They look great, but I don't have an account on that site.

• Starkdog said:

Oh WOW!!! Those are nice.  At first, I thought i was looking at pictures, and not renders.  Anyhow, how did you go about rigging these without the toe distortion?  I made some flipflops for G3 and G8, but when the toe bends, the sole warps really bad.

I'll head on over and download ASAP!

Thanks, -David

Thank you David!

As for the warped soles:
    1. I have removed all bones of the individual toes of the shoes - except for the two main "Left Toes" and "Right Toes" bones, so that the sole does not stick to the toes like chewing gum.
    2. I have overwritten the rotation JCMs of Left/Right Foot and Left/Right Toes with custom morphs (made in Blender) and saved them.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,550
    edited December 2022

Michael 9 has some sandals to wear on the beach now! Thanks. (Crooked horizon is intentional.wink)

Michael 9 beach sandals.jpg
    2600 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,304

Nice sandals, thanks!

• Wow, great. Michael looks so much more relaxed, just happy laugh. Great scene on the beach, btw.

• Quick note: Thanks to barbult I fixed two bugs ( i.e. wrong material texture) and uploaded a fix over on DA.

• Ooooh, very nice. Thank you. Happy Holidays