Unbuttoned Dress Shirt

It's probably a lot to ask, but would it be possible for someone to make a dress shirt that can go from buttoned up to unbuttoned to, basically, falling off the shoulders for G2M?

Comments

• Something like these...

5e98c9aa400ae0907494abed0d32c9e8.jpg
    641 x 960 - 109K
    82b103a97adc4e9f49ba2df97f5e8de6.jpg
    462 x 716 - 61K
    portrait-of-muscular-sexy-man-taking-off-his-shirt-oleksiy-maksymenko.jpg
    186 x 256 - 14K
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited August 2015

Either the Festive Suit or the Formal Wardrobe from Outoftouch at Renderosity can do the first two images, though not the third. (The Formal Wardrobe shirt, definitely; not sure about the Festive Suit shirt.)

I think the shirt from the Morphing Business Suit for Genesis does that as well, and can be autofitted to G2M.

There are several M4 shirts that can do the first two images, as well, and can be autofitted/upconverted.

For the third option, I think you'd probably need to go to a dynamic shirt, like the Dynamic Casual wardrobe here. You'd also need to bend his arms and hands up a bit, or the shirt would just fall off.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,321

Dynamics can really give great results with draping, a bit of work to setup but usually the results are worth the effort. . 

An alternative is this by Aave Nainan    http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-male-s-everyday-shirt-and-pants

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Sav's hot men at Rendo has the shirt, poses and morphs, but its for M4 rather than G2M :( not sure it would convert to g2M 

• I have the Dynamic Casual Wardrobe, but for some reason the collar part stays in place when you drape it, instead of opening wider and 'dropping off' the character's shoulders. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or there's some setting I need to change.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775

I just tried. Not good, loads invisible except for an outline and the morphs that do work aren't working the way they should. Bummer, that's one of my favorite outfits too. 

edited August 2015

I have the Dynamic Casual Wardrobe, but for some reason the collar part stays in place when you drape it, instead of opening wider and 'dropping off' the character's shoulders. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or there's some setting I need to change.

Yeah, I just realized that you'd probably need the full dynamic plugin (maybe -- haven't got that myself) or have to position the character in an odd way to get the shirt to fall off. Otherwise, there's no way to move it to the outside of his shoulders.

Byrdie said:

I just tried. Not good, loads invisible except for an outline and the morphs that do work aren't working the way they should. Bummer, that's one of my favorite outfits too. 

Which outfit are you talking about? The SAV outfit, or another one?

EDIT: Attaching an image of the three shirts I mentioned pushed as far as I can without them going weird. The MBS has a "Fall Back Blow Open" morph in addition to its unbutton morphs that I used; the Formal Wardrobe has Open morphs for its left and right side that can be added to each other up to a point, although they can go weird very fast.

shirtstest01text.jpg
    1334 x 816 - 849K
    Post edited by vwrangler on

Sav outfit. Looks like this. It's only the shirt that comes in transparent. I looked thru the surfaces tab but couldn't find anything that looked like a fix. And the legs of the pants seem to have serious pokethru/split issues. 

SAV Test_G2M Autofit.jpg
    561 x 627 - 50K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Do you have a 'blank' preset for the DS Default shader? 

Try applying it to that shirt...there is definitely something up with the surface settings.

If applying a default/different shader doesn't fix it, then it could be reversed normals.

• Maybe I'm just being over-critical, vwrangler, but none of those shirts actually drape very nicely. Like in the first pic I posted, the shirt doesn't "flap" open like those ones, but rather drapes open, knd of like a curtain being pulled open, creating folds. :(

Whew, the shader thingy fixed it! Good. Never saw anything do that before in either Poser or Studio. But alas the morphs look terrible, they seem to mangle it when I pose G2M and apply the matching morph pose to the outfit. Not sure if this is a bad conversion that won't work or if it just needs more tweaking.

Test_2_SHMAutoG2.jpg
    561 x 627 - 83K
    Test_2_SHMAutoG2.jpg
    561 x 627 - 83K

Maybe I'm just being over-critical, vwrangler, but none of those shirts actually drape very nicely. Like in the first pic I posted, the shirt doesn't "flap" open like those ones, but rather drapes open, knd of like a curtain being pulled open, creating folds. :(

Well, I pushed most of the morphs to the extreme, so there's some exaggeration in what you see. All of them can look better than that.

That said, none of them have the sorts of folds you're looking for. What you're going to need for what you want is a shirt specifically designed to do nothing but hang open, which is a bit specific for a vendor to try. The market is going to be a wee tiny segment of a wee tiny segment of a wee tiny segment. Maybe some of the people who do freebies might be interested in giving it a try.

• If I could make 3D stuff, I'd do it myself, but I'm basically all thumbs wwhen it comes to that. Hopefully a content creator will see this and come up with something a bit more realistic.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

This one was made for M4, but it can be used with more recent figures too: http://www.daz3d.com/ds-dynamic-dress-shirt-for-m4