Macs, Moderations and Melancholy

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I recently had to move BEGRUDGINGLY to MAC OS 10.8 Mountain Lion. AS many of you other mac users will have to eventually. There was a HUGE issue with both Carrara 8.1 and there for 8.5 .

I could not successfully register Carrara as it had some strange issue with verifying the Administrator.....

Well I sent more than one support ticket into DAZ and got back the typical, WE HAVE RECEIVED YOUR COMPLAINT blah blah blah. and waited and waited. OH I got stuff back from DAZ! OH yes lots of offers to buy more stuff but not one response to this registering issue...

FINALY, I dont think i will say "WHO" the 2 other carrara forum people are but between them and me, "MOSTLY THEM" we figured it out. IN the end it wasn't that difficult an issue to figure out, one just needed to know where to go to APPLE FAQs and follow the directions.

1) It would of been nice for DAZ to send me a message saying something to the effect we are kicking this around and rest assured we will get to the bottom of this as we value your blah blah blah.........

2) Once we IN THE FORUM put our collective heads together and figured it out, one would think DAZ would of been interested in WHAT! this solution to an issue that is only going to over whelm them as more and more mac users HAVE TO roll over to MAC OS 10.8. But as well all know they do NOT pay much attention to what goes on in the forum.

3) Once tested, this solution could be their blanket statement/solution to this issue and gone on to more pressing issues such as sending out more solicitations.

I find this forum much more help than tech support and am glad there are involved forum-lites that are much smarter than me willing to help or at least anti IN to the game.

Thanks you all!