Action Figure Blister Pack.... Action figure not included : )

Where else on the planet dose this make sense, Yes in this exciting new offering you get the package not the toy inside!!! I just wanted to be the one to say it first.
But to be serious nothing makes things seem more real then putting them into a package, so if you want to show off your favorite character in a way your neighbor down the street won’t get that puzzled look on their face… Make it an action figure. I hope you share them with all us here and have some fun!!!

http://www.daz3d.com/action-figure-blister-pack

pop4T.jpg
1538 x 2000 - 768K

Comments

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited August 2015

I posted about this in the common section, because I couldn't find an advert for it. :)

Thank you, AF! I was working on a self-made version using prims, but you've created lots of unique additions to this version: Great textures for the backing cardboard (wonderful to see different themes and an ambiguous one - covers virtually everything), slightly rounded corners to the transparent cover and a great internal model stand for location reference.

Instant purchase! I just have to remember to put plastic/metal shaders on the internal figures, to complete the illusion. :)

Are there any plans for an elongated version, for vehicles and playsets? Or are there morphs to stretch the dimensions taller/wider/deeper? Can the internal 'stand' be made invisible by altering opacity?

Post edited by Xenomorphine on

Actually, just got a few minutes to download and experiment with it... If anyone's interested, yes, the stand can be made invisible: Go the 'plastic' setting of the object in the surfaces tab and reduce opacity.

Glad to report it's scaled perfectly to human figures! Stuff like Dragon 3/Horse 2 will probably need rescaling. This really is a great product, AF! Renders just like in the promos. Beautiful work! Now we just need a huge shop wall/stand to hook these on. :D

• AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024

Glad to here it and to answer your question about a vehicle friendly version... Yes.

MainT.jpg
    1538 x 2000 - 506K
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

Looks great, but who's "AntMan", and where is the AntFarm? wink

-- Walt Sterdan

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,585

...reminds me of the display cases made by Jo Han that you could buy for your plastic car models.

That's the idea. Plus you can scale whatever you have to fit inside so you could do scenes if you wanted to. The backer boards have an easy to follow templates so they are easy to customize.

Fantastic! Definitely getting those others! Ideas for other settings: Moon, jungle, farm, water, graveyard, sewer and urban/road.

A more detailed version of that flying saucer concept with legs and a ramp/door could even be a vehicle, all of its own. Always looking for new UFO discs/triangles/cigar shapes!

edited August 2015

I'd love to see some images if anyone has had a chance to do some. Please share. : )

Check out this in the gallery thread. Very Cool!

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/81495

Post edited by AntMan on
  • LintonLinton Posts: 541

I just started rendering one, been a few hours and am only at 18%, will post it as soon as it is done.

This is an awesome product, thank you so much for your hard work!

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,064

I'm not having any luck finding the templates - no sign of them in my product library. I am having fun with this - I'll show the result in a day or so.

• peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308

Here you go...I really like these Blister Packs

Action Pack.jpg
    2000 x 1176 - 418K
    Halloween Toys_loRez.jpg
    800 x 446 - 88K
    edited August 2015

I'm having trouble getting the lighting I want - but here's what first came to mind when I saw the product.

ETA: Instead of more light, try less dark! I changed the opacity of the plastic on the second one and cut the lighting quite a bit.The theme, of course, is that someone screwed up the prep and one of the subjects recovered during packaging . . .

trapped.jpg
    1529 x 741 - 201K
    trapped 2.jpg
    1658 x 883 - 240K
    Post edited by namffuak on
    pete.c44 said:

Here you go...I really like these Blister Packs

WOW those look great and extreamly real world ready!

namffuak said:

I'm having trouble getting the lighting I want - but here's what first came to mind when I saw the product.

ETA: Instead of more light, try less dark! I changed the opacity of the plastic on the second one and cut the lighting quite a bit.The theme, of course, is that someone screwed up the prep and one of the subjects recovered during packaging . . .

I love the humor, I have found that sometimes adjusting the environment's influence on a scene can help with lighting. Also with Iray render the HDRI plugged into the environment can screw with the lights a ton.

AntMan said:
    namffuak said:

I love the humor, I have found that sometimes adjusting the environment's influence on a scene can help with lighting. Also with Iray render the HDRI plugged into the environment can screw with the lights a ton.

Yeah - the first couple of renders I had a highlight I just couldn't get rid of, no matter where I moved the lights. Then it dawned on me that I was using 'dome only' in the enviroment . . . And yes, I have a bit of a dark humor - rumor has it that the line supervisor who screwed that package up can now be found in the home and garden figures section . . .smiley

Another example...Iray

Old Merchandise_lo.jpg
    1000 x 685 - 109K

The garage sale tressure in the original box mint condition! In your excitement you also purchase an ash tray made by one of their grandchildren and don't notice it until a day or two later.

AntMan said:

The garage sale tressure in the original box mint condition! In your excitement you also purchase an ash tray made by one of their grandchildren and don't notice it until a day or two later.

LOL

• LintonLinton Posts: 541

Custom background, a render from my own sci fi story.

Here is one of my characters rendered inside your awesome Blister Pack. Thanks for your hard work!

Loving the other renders from everyone here, some amazing uses!

Figurine.png
    453 x 569 - 292K
    Figurine2.png
    453 x 569 - 278K

Very Cool!