Lighting.... [Resolved]

edited November 2022 in New Users

So, i have been trying for about 4 days now to get some renders but the lighting is driving me nuts, no matter what i select it makes no difference its either extemly dark or it leaves shadows that i dont want.

How can i render a scene like the attached?

or at least as close as one can get it?

mc_room_morning.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 574K
Post edited by bobby.bates_a9d2c14faf on

Comments

• If you don't have the Ghost Lights for Iray I would suggest turning the Ceiling surface opacity/transparency to 99.9 this will allow the light to shine through it but still remain opaque looking.
    If you do have the Ghost Lights then you can drop a pane in the window to brighten the light coming into the room and then one facing down from the ceiling in the room to mimic the ambient lighting.

• Elliandra said:

If you don't have the Ghost Lights for Iray I would suggest turning the Ceiling surface opacity/transparency to 99.9 this will allow the light to shine through it but still remain opaque looking.
    If you do have the Ghost Lights then you can drop a pane in the window to brighten the light coming into the room and then one facing down from the ceiling in the room to mimic the ambient lighting.

<3 thank you so much!!!! Ghost Light Kit is exactly what I needed!!, interiors are looking so much better already and i just threw it in to try it out. I think once i have tweaked it in a few places it will be perfect, apricate the recommendation :)

• Np glad I could help!