Surprised, Happy and Satisfied!

nwleee_a52bfead84nwleee_a52bfead84 Posts: 108
edited August 2012 in Carrara Discussion

I don't know how long I've been waiting to be able to export a Daz Studio figure or scene into a different (better) renderer or animation program. My usual route to get great renders was to go from Poser->Vue, it was simple, quick and produced stunning renders, especially with SkinVue.

But now, I'm unbelievably surprised and happy to just take a DUF scene from Daz Studio 4.5 and have it import into Carrara 8.5. Not only that but to be able to repose the figures, and even use content and pre-made poses directly from D|S. WOW! Daz finally did it after all this time!

I know there have been a few complaints and reports of bugs with this new setup, and yes I realize it's not perfect (I had to reposition some legacy hair and props used on my Genesis figure, I also had to slightly adjust the skin material to give it a shinier glow) but again, all I can say is WOW! Even with some of the minor problems, I'm just beside myself on how easy it is to export from D|S so easily.

A big thank you to the DAZ3D team that finally got it right. I'm going to become a big time Carrara user again, like I was when it first came out.

:-) :-) :-) :-)

EDIT: I realize I'm a little late coming to the party, but I just had to share my thanks and happiness for this new toolset!

AltaWoman02.jpg
800 x 600 - 104K
Post edited by nwleee_a52bfead84 on

Comments

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

I wouldn't let that bird anywhere near the Olympics (that other lot wouldn't stand a chance).

Good looking render.
    Glad to hear the software is working for you.

Best of luck!
    :coolsmile:

• nwleee_a52bfead84nwleee_a52bfead84 Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Thanks Tsarist. At first I didn't get the "bird" reference, but then I realized you're probably from somewhere in the Great Britain area.
    I've watched enough Monty Python to remember my British slang. %-P

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Nice to see somebody happy with Carrara for a change! ;-) Pretty soon you'll only need DUF for getting in dynamic cloth sims.

• nwleee_a52bfead84nwleee_a52bfead84 Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Nice to see somebody happy with Carrara for a change! ;-) Pretty soon you'll only need DUF for getting in dynamic cloth sims.

Yep, I know. And this is still a beta, I can't wait to see what the final product can do.
    And I can't believe how much faster the renders are compared Daz Studio. I might even try my hand at some animation again!

• Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

Looks like it can work damn fine! I just started playing with the .duf format, but haven't had the best results. Early days though.Looks like it can work damn fine! I just started playing with the .duf format, but haven't had the best resaults. Early days though.