cubes in hair render

sarge74sarge74 Posts: 121
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Got something funny happening I hope some of you can help with. Some of my hair models for V4 are rendering with little tiny red and blue blocks showing up on them. They appear to be maybe where different transmaps are intersecting. Maybe.
Any one got an idea of whats happening. I'm using Daz 4.0 on a machine with 8 gig of ram and a AMD phenom II quad core.
Thanks

hair_error.jpg
244 x 290 - 79K

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

If I recall correctly those turn up randomly when you used mapped shadows. And when I say randomly I do mean randomly. Sometimes they show up and sometimes not. And they can be different places if you redo the render. I've gotten around it in the past by redoing the render and then erasing them from the top layer.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Sometimes a slight change in camera angle will solve it, but the only reliable way is to use raytraced shadows instead of deep shadow maps.

• sarge74sarge74 Posts: 121
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I was using Deep Shadow Map on two spot lights. Four different low distant lights with no shadows where used as fill light. So its the shadow map that is doing this?
    Thanks for your replies, both of you.

edited December 1969

So its the shadow map that is doing this?

Yes, but it doesn't always happen consistently. I can do a hundred or more renders and not have them show up and then do 3 or 4 where they show up different scenes.

• sarge74sarge74 Posts: 121
    edited December 1969

Khory said:
    So its the shadow map that is doing this?

Yes, but it doesn't always happen consistently. I can do a hundred or more renders and not have them show up and then do 3 or 4 where they show up different scenes.

Really? Well that's weird, isn't it? I never had this sort of thing happen in DAZ 3. So is this a DAZ 4 thing? Anyone know if I can do anything about it?

edited December 1969

I had it happen in 3 as well if I recall correctly. It happened to me less, but to a friend more.

• CyprithCyprith Posts: 41
    edited December 1969

When I see these cubes I normally save the scene, close Daz and open it again. It's the same with "texture chaos" when the textures don't load correctly and you have skin on you clothes or something like that. Happens often with very complex scenes.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

when set lower shading rate, or up pixel sumpler value, for quality,
    the rate of cubes in hari render up.

eg shading rate set value 0.4

if up the value shading rate, (eg default setting)
    manycase the cube has gone away.

I thought it cause because of my graphic card. it is AMD too.