Any Previews for the Genesis 3 Males?

inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

I can't find any previews of what Michael 7 or any of the Genesis 3 Males will be like? Ave there any available? I have checked out the Platinum Club "For Members Only" too. Can't find anything.

Comments

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,864

Havent found anything so far : (

Give us Michael 7 DAZ!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I would like to help but unfortunately the DeLorean has broken down.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,450
    edited August 2015

Michael 7 or Genesis 3 Male Hasn't been released yet

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511

No for a few reasons. It would hamper sales of upcoming G2M that have already been mentioned by Daz people. Why would they do that? And they don't even do previews for Plat Club members anymore, and when they did the last few came out the day before items hit the store. So I wouldn't expect anything at all. Especially since there will be a few new G3F and G2M coming out before G3M.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,760

New g2m?  Does that mean David 6?

I think it's been mentioned David didn't sell well, so I'm not sure that is what you should expect. I wouldn't speculate personally, I would just wait it out. They likely are a new figure with a new name. Who knows what type of character they are, but I have a feeling they won't be mundane.

• GallCommTVGallCommTV Posts: 239
    Chohole said:

Great Scott! ... must be that dammed f..lux capacitor again! surprise

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited August 2015

As noted, the word has been posted elsewhere that G3M is still at least several montsh away, and that will be both more G3F AND G2M figures coming out before then.  Beyond that, if you look at how long it took for a reasonable amount of G2M product to come out after the launch of that base, G3M will probably have very little support for the first five or six months after his release.

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

OK, well thanks for the discussion. I understand things better now. G 3 males months away? Awwwww. 

• DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096

It was said that Michael 7 is a few months away. Whether or not that meand that G3M is that far off is subject to debate. If they follow the patter they did with G3F, then it's fairly likely.

As far as quality stuff for G3M... That's a different question.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404

New g2m?  Does that mean David 6?

No, it was said that there won't be a new David or Hiro. Beyond that, it' anybody's guess.
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

It was said that Michael 7 is a few months away. Whether or not that meand that G3M is that far off is subject to debate. If they follow the patter they did with G3F, then it's fairly likely.

The flagship models...Victoria and Michael, when they were the 'base' were always a few months a part.  Nothing has really changed.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    mjc1016 said:

The flagship models...Victoria and Michael, when they were the 'base' were always a few months a part.  Nothing has really changed.

Except for Michael 4, who was 2 years after V4.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Yeah, well...he was the exception.  

• mackis3Dmackis3D Posts: 44

Please I want a male counterpart to Olympia, Olympus 6 or 7!

• Daz are secretly taking the DNA from previous generations and splicing them together to make the ultimate male counterpart to Victoria 7. Rumours suggest that a mild mannered reporter even donated some of his own to this concoction to make a truly super individual.

Perfection cannot be rushed though, DNA splicing especially so, lest Michael 7 come out of his growth chamber without any bones and be forced to walk around like Octodad.

mjc1016 said:

Except for Michael 4, who was 2 years after V4.

To be fair, it took them a year to get V4.2exactly right, and it was probably wise to get one figure settled before starting on the other.  As for the others, Michael 5 was a little over 5 months behind V5 (11/1/2011 versus 4/11/2012) while the delay for M6 was about the same. Given the speed at which we're seeing skins drift out for G3F, I think pushing G3M back as far as possible is probably a good idea.   

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567
    edited August 2015

Gen 3  base male is probably already done. I wouldn't be suprised if m7  is already done or at least mostly.... Don't they give PA's about 3 months notification to make content for new characters?

In order to have m7 have so much as some undies there needs to be a model for creators to use to make their magic.

I do think DAZ is taking the wrong tactic of releasing quite so many females before releasing a male base. The market is flooded.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • HeraHera Posts: 1,952
    edited August 2015

And there's absolutely nothing happening in the male corner these days. I haven't seen a new male outfit release for weeks it seems, (save for the hazmat outfit which was really cool) not to mention a new male FIGURE. Then again I don't hold my hopes high for new ones of that kind.

Then again - previews of figures and outfits would be great.

Post edited by Hera on

I do think DAZ is taking the wrong tactic of releasing quite so many females before releasing a male base. The market is flooded.

Looking at the store catalog, there are three G2F products in the store for every 1 G2M product... and a large percentage of the product listed as G2M is actually either Unisex, a combined Male/Female product or a case where there's one male item in a bundle with a number of other non-male items.  Given that G3F has effectively cut a major lifeline by not being able to use previous generation skins, I see a lot of sense in DAZ trying to flesh out the more profitible side of the figure market before switching focus to a product that is almost certainly going to move fewer units of product.  Actually, I'm rather pleased to hear that there are still a few more G2M sets coming out... well, as long as none of the others are as ugly as Corey.  devil  I could have bought his bundle the other day for less than $15, and even then I STILL couldn't get myself to buy it. 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567

Corey was a no go for me either, although I did pick up one of his hairs. I don't render teens too often to justify a purchase and I didn't need toony cave-guy type figure.

There have been a couple male figures for gen 2 male released, and a new male rescue pose pack "to the rescue"  which I picked up.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,441
    Chohole said:

see now that's funny...

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

I think it's been mentioned David didn't sell well, so I'm not sure that is what you should expect. I wouldn't speculate personally, I would just wait it out. They likely are a new figure with a new name. Who knows what type of character they are, but I have a feeling they won't be mundane.

Correct. David, Freak, and Hiro are confirmed by both DAZ and PAs that they are never happening again. Instead, DAZ is leaving the PAs to take it upon themselves (like RawArt did with the Massive Morphs for Genesis 2). SicklyYield has already even announced an Anime character builder for G3M.

• I think it's been mentioned David didn't sell well, so I'm not sure that is what you should expect. I wouldn't speculate personally, I would just wait it out. They likely are a new figure with a new name. Who knows what type of character they are, but I have a feeling they won't be mundane.

Correct. David, Freak, and Hiro are confirmed by both DAZ and PAs that they are never happening again. Instead, DAZ is leaving the PAs to take it upon themselves (like RawArt did with the Massive Morphs for Genesis 2). SicklyYield has already even announced an Anime character builder for G3M.

I don't recall anything as absolute as that being said.

edited August 2015

I hope daz still does toon gals with G3F, they would be very expressive and I'm sure a well crafted one would sell well. Even if she was super cute like Hitomi(hint, hint) and not just smexy like Aiko.  I figure they will make some as toons are still very popular...(not sure about in this store, but in the art world they are)

I skipped most of the toons last gen since I mostly just dial in small bits of Hitomi/Aiko and sometimes Nata for my toons. None of last gens toons were as cute as Hitomi or A3 for that matter but it seemed like Daz cranked out a lot of them.

There was a time before Daz changed to their current practices where Hitomi was not what Daz thought could be a "Iconic" character, but with the current pratices I think she would fit in just like all the other characters in G2. So lets get an Hitomi inspired toon for G3F!

Toons from prior generations no longer work in G3F cause of the eye explosion issue. While i could safely bring over Hitomi/Nata to G2F, can't do the same for G3F. Sad panda. But opportunity for someone to make monies off me. Cause I don't have the patience to re-rigg stuff (one of the main reasons I was sold on Daz 4.0, autorigging!)

You see people selling toon shaders for Iray *chuckles*. Reminds me when a few years ago I was rendering toons with Octane and people were like "what are you doing?". *wink*

I think it's time for the Anime Catgirl Invasion of the (G3F)Dazsphere! (nurse, maid, plug-suit and schoolgirl outfits optional)

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited August 2015

DAZ_Steve pretty much put it straight by saying "[They] just don't sell", and a couple of PAs also explained this on DeviantART in further detail.

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • Gen 3  base male is probably already done. I wouldn't be suprised if m7  is already done or at least mostly.... Don't they give PA's about 3 months notification to make content for new characters?

In order to have m7 have so much as some undies there needs to be a model for creators to use to make their magic.

Nah the market can never be flooded with,"hot chicks", they will always sell and sell well. To be honest if they are the quality of DAZs latest releases I for one will always buy them and I'm certain I'm far from exceptional. If they can bring out M7 with out slowing down the speed and quality of release of females I'd be all for him but I'd always take a high quality female over an M7 if it were one or the other.

DAZ_Steve pretty much put it straight by saying "[They] just don't sell", and a couple of PAs also explained this on DeviantART in further detail.

The PA's on DA said they weren't speaking for Daz, just out of opinion. And while Steve said they don't sell well, he didn't definitively say never.

I agree, prolly not going to see them. But we can't speak for Daz in this regard.

• GallCommTVGallCommTV Posts: 239
    Chohole said:

see now that's funny...

Shhhhhh, .. I dont think anyone noticed, ....tip toe's away smiley

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342

Well, I purchased all the Davids, Freaks, and Hiros ever made available (so you can't blame me LOL) but only ever used those from Generation 3 and I used them a lot. Perhaps it's the simplicity of that gen that made me love them so much. Pretty much load and render, no messing with INJ or HD or so many morphs I was destined never to use when just a handful were sufficient for my needs. SickleYield's stuff is always useful and interesting so we'll see what comes.