What happened to Lisa's Botanicals?

XadeXade Posts: 236

I was going through what I needed for my comic and I know I'll need some nice, and inexpensive, plants. Lisa's Botanicals came to mind. However, when I went to search for it I did not find it and when I looked in my product library I discovered that all the links of her wonderful work was blank. I did buy up most of her collection, but I was looking forward to buying her newest work. Did she quit Daz? Did something happen to her? Her plants were great, and really easy to use. If she is gone completely I will miss her work.

Anyhow, thanks for reading and have a great day. :)

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,395
    edited August 2015
    Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • XadeXade Posts: 236
    edited August 2015

hmm, odd. youd think she would want to stay here too to maximize her sales. Ah well, guess I'll look around there for a bit. Thanks for answering ^.^

Post edited by Xade on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,903

You can't sell here AND anywhere else.

Oh I see. I didnt know Daz was that strict. I was thinking about eventually selling the props that I'll be making for my comic (different textures applied, of course) That's good to know that Daz is exclusive when it comes to selling products.

I hopped over there and discovered that the prices are vastly different. I'll just have to keep an eye on it to see if it's a worthy adition to my daz bookmarks. They do things over there differently than over here.

• jpb06tjpb06t Posts: 272

Are you sure that DAZ requires exclusivity? surprise

That's what people have mentioned before. If I'm wrong hopefully a mod will correct me. ;)

off-topic: timmins, your webcomic seems interesting. A nice little scifi story :) I'm only on page 7 it really looks cool. I'm starting my own webcomic, been slowly buying up things for it and working on the characters. I've posted a few images on the forum but I post almost everything on my DA. Feel free to poke around. I like using pwtoon myself. reminds me of my drawing days. :)

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919

I hopped over there and discovered that the prices are vastly different. I'll just have to keep an eye on it to see if it's a worthy adition to my daz bookmarks. They do things over there differently than over here.

Actually I don't think the prices are that different. I bought a lot of her stuff in the PC club which was $1.99 but if you weren't PC you had to pay those kind of prices. From a vendor's perspective I can see why people would move, if the bulk of your sales are from $1.99 products, you need to sell 7 items to make 7 dollars (assuming 50/50 split). If you charge $14 for something you only need to sell one. You will break even on your time costs with less sales. Personally I'm more likely to buy at the full price because I know it is unlikely to suddenly go on a 50/60/70/80% off sale. YMMV.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

There are vendors who sell here and elsewhere (eg., i13 and Pretty3D).  Maybe they mean that you can't sell the same items here and elsewhere.  Or, maybe there is a base general contract for most vendors, but occasionally super special vendors are able to negotiate a special contract. 

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,767

You can sell at other sites, but you can't sell the exact same product at the same time.  Some vendors move product around from site to site like gypsies, and both Rendo and Content Paradise allow duplicate items to be sold. 

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850

Some vendors sell the same items here, that have sell before on other sites and opposite. Some sell in different stores.

But I  have also bought several items from Lisa's Botanicals and I can download this old content still via my product library. I don't think, that DAZ will delete content, that you have purchased from your product libary.

edited August 2015

well, yeah, I see the prices are non PC, and I do enjoy saving money, so tend to buy daz orginals, sale items or PC items above the others, but I do sometimes, buy full priced items, like the a4 magnet fits I just bought. But I can't always afford to pay full price, and for the high dollar stuff, forget it, I'll make my own or do without :P

Edit: spelling correction

Post edited by Xade on

Insanity of Xade: Thank you! That reminds me, really need to belt down and get page 28 done. ;)
     (I just moved, and being really exhausted I've been distracted with whatever catches my fancy)

Chapter 1 is entirely in 3Delight, Chapter 2 is entirely in Iray, and Chapter 3 is going to be Iray with some drawn-like post work.

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited August 2015

Not true. Plenty of artists sell at multiple sites (Sabby, Aeon Soul, Ironman13, etc.), and some even sell the same product at multiple sites (for example, Pret-a-3D and his "Reality" product). Lisa's decision not to sell at DAZ were for entirely different reasons.

Post edited by Morpheon on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Resellers are a different matter, but for regular content you would need to negotiate special permission to sell the same thing at DAZ 3D and elsewhere.

• Artists, however, are free to sell at different stores - as long as each store is offering different products.