G9 Lips

Where do I find lip textures and liptick settinsg for Genesis 9 Female mouth? Cheers

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,656

There is no seperate lip surface for G9.

What I will sugest is to create a mask for the lips and then use that in LIE.

• Sorry, But how do you do that? Is there no way to have lipstick on G9 Female figures? Cheers

• csteell_c2893e4ab6 said:

Sorry, But how do you do that? Is there no way to have lipstick on G9 Female figures? Cheers

Yes, but it needs a mask (you might be able to use the landmarks map, suitably trimmed) which can then be used as a layer mask in the Layered Image Editor, with a colour overlay for the lips, or as a Topcoat Strength mask in the shader or as an opacity map for a Geometry Shell.

• I am sorry but I do not understand what you mean by Landmarks Map.Where do I find them? I am more use to the Genesis 8 figures in which have lips and colours! Cheers

• \runtime\textures\daz\characters\genesis9\base\devkit has maps with various "landmarks" highlighted - they are intended to assist in content creation but could be used as the starting point for a mask for the lips.

edited November 2022

Some time ago I made a simple mask, attached.

If you select your character in the scene tab, open the surface tab and then select the face surface.

Then you can e.g. go to the base color image, click and select Layered Image Editor. Then add new layer, where you can select any color of choise. Then add mask to that layer and load the attached mask in that. Then you can play around with different blend modes and oppacity.

You will likely have to adjust more channels, as the additional channels have a signnificant ingluence on how it render.

G9F_lips_maskX.png
    4096 x 4096 - 344K
    Post edited by felis on
  • Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064

A major change like this leaves users in the dark.  G8 has a dedicated material for lips, G9 doesn't.  You can write down the steps, but it's not going to click until someone makes a video tutorial.

• I agree. A Video Tutorial  would be helpful. I am still not 100 percent sure on how to get lips colours and details on Geneis 9 figures! Cheers

• csteell_c2893e4ab6csteell_c2893e4ab6 Posts: 460
    edited November 2022

This is as far as I have got. Where do I go to from here? Cheers

Lips 1.jpg
    1932 x 1104 - 302K
    Lips2.jpg
    1932 x 1104 - 300K
    Post edited by csteell_c2893e4ab6 on

LIE is similar to using layers in an image editing program.

I have made the mask 4096*4096 pixels (4k) to match the normal texture size.

If the mask shall be used with another texture size, it should be resaved in the appropriate size.

In the first image is G9(F) with the light skin material.

In the second I have adjusted the base colour and the translucency weight.

For the Base colour I have created a new colour layer on top of the existing image, adjusted colour to my liking, and set the opacity to 70, in order to blend with the original texture. And then added the mask to the colour layer (next image).

I also adjusted the translucency, because if not the colour will be washed out due to translucency. So I reduced the translucency weight. As there wasn’t a texture in that channel I first added a white colour layer (4k), as white is similar to no image, and then a black colour layer on top with the mask with a lower opacity. I have honestly no idea how much makeup will reduce translucency. The reduction I have made might be too weak. The lower translucency weight, the more the base colour will determine the final colour (last image).

Hope that explains the principles.

G9_LIE_10.png
    1300 x 731 - 2M
    G9_LIE_11.png
    1300 x 731 - 2M

An alternativ to modifying the existing channels, is to activate the Makeup Channel that is in the PBRSkin shader.

Then there are no existing textures, but the mask still needs to match the size you set.

The makeup channel, will although not be visible in texture shaded mode, only when rendered.

The attached image is using the makeup channel.

Finally, I will recommend to go to Edit > Preferences > Interface, and set Layered Textures to Speed (slider to the right). That gives a much more responsive setup.

G9_LIE_12.png
    1300 x 731 - 2M
  • Sorry,But I am more confused than ever after this! Can anyone give me a step by step picture or video tutorial on how to apply lipstick and lip detail to Genesis 9 Female? I do not know why DAZ has made this so hard! All the other figures are easy to use! Cheers

edited November 2022

Simplest way to apply a lip color.

1) Select Character in Scene tab

2) Select Head surface in Surface tab

3) Enable Makeup

4) Add mask in Makeup weight

5) Select color of choise in Makeup Base Color

Done

If you want to make the lips more glossy

6) Set Makeup Roughness Mult to something lower than 1, e.g. 0.5

Or wait till a PA comes out with a product that can do it.

Post edited by felis on
  • Many thanks everyone for all your assitance and patience. I have finally got to add colour to the GF9 Lips! Cheers

• kirbawirbakirbawirba Posts: 121

felis said:

Simplest way to apply a lip color.

1) Select Character in Scene tab

2) Select Head surface in Surface tab

3) Enable Makeup

4) Add mask in Makeup weight

5) Select color of choise in Makeup Base Color

Done

If you want to make the lips more glossy

6) Set Makeup Roughness Mult to something lower than 1, e.g. 0.5

Or wait till a PA comes out with a product that can do it.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I wanted to make this as simple as possible for those people who just want glossier lips.  Follow the above instructions and instead of choosing color, find the model's head base color (it will be in the BASE COLOR slot up near the top while in the surfaces of the head), take note of what it says, and put that in for makeup base color. Then in the color box right next to that, dial the color down to a grey until it matches back up to the general look of the model.  THEN you can dial the makeup roughness down below 1.0.  Pretty sure it will preserve every model's natural lips, and enable you to add gloss.