AOBB's freebie head morph Dashing for G8.1M based on Cary Grant. No materials nor textures.

AOBBAOBB Posts: 927
edited November 2022 in Freebies

I apologize for the bad haistyle and brows for Dashing but that was all I had at my disposal that was even remotely appropriate. I did a quick and rather sloppy job trying to fix the hair on the renders - definitely not my best retouching work. LOL. Well, it is 7 am PT and I haven't slept yet, so please forgive me my blunders. wink

I guess there is no need to introduce this gentleman, so without further ado:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yes, Cary Grant had a protuding chin like that! 

 

Asset list:

MI dForce Two-Piece Business Suit for G8/1M

MI dForce Two-Piece Business Suit Texture Add-On

4K Fabric Shader Presets 2 for Iray (silk shader for tie and pocket square)

Vintage Male Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Male(s)

Goran HD for Genesis 8.1 Male (skin material)

BOSS Pro Light Set for Portraits & Promos

Natural Eyes II for G8.1

Beautiful Brows II for G8/1M (Brow8, Brow 10)

Lashes Utilities for G2, 3, 8/1

 

This head morph is for non-commercial use only!

I am eagerly awaiting your renders with Dashing! smileyheart

Have fun!

AOBB

Dashing F.png
503 x 750 - 755K
Dashing TQ.png
503 x 750 - 762K
Dashing P.png
503 x 750 - 792K
zip
zip
Dashing for G8.1M.zip
3M
Post edited by AOBB on

Comments

  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,878

    Good morph, like off the movie Charade but younger.

  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 927

    Thank you, nonesuch00. I think now that he would be more similar to his original counterpart if I made his cranium larger, jaw wider and his upper eyelids somewhat hooded. I will probably return to Dashing in a fairly near future and fix the things that I think could be done better. Still, Dashing is one handsome devil! winkdevil

  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,878

    AOBB said:

    Thank you, nonesuch00. I think now that he would be more similar to his original counterpart if I made his cranium larger, jaw wider and his upper eyelids somewhat hooded. I will probably return to Dashing in a fairly near future and fix the things that I think could be done better. Still, Dashing is one handsome devil! winkdevil 

    He had a very comic book face, you could say.

  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 927

    If I remember correctly the Superman character was based on him.

  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,878

    AOBB said:

    If I remember correctly the Superman character was based on him.

    Ah! Yes, now that you said it, I completely believe that. There is an old 40s era Superman cartoon in particular if you've ever seen it.

  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 927

    I've googled a query about the origins of Superman and no, he wasn't based on Cary Grant after all. That said, Christopher Reeve based his portrayal of Clark Kent on Cary Grant's character from the screwball comedy "Bringing Up Baby" from 1938.

  • Hi AOBB. Very cool morph as always. My all time favorite is sweetheart smiley

    I really wish I was able to make my own. Cheers my friend !

  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 927

    Mark OREZ - Thank you, Mark. Yes, I know you have a soft spot for Sweetheart. You can learn to sculpt - it takes patience and motivation though. Every journey starts with a single step... smiley

  • SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 802
    edited December 2022

    Wow, he is truly dashing! What a great morph, AOBB! I have to confess. Even though I've seen enough Cary Grant movies, I could never quite warm up to him. He always seemed a bit 'cold' or aloof, unlike Gregory Peck for instance. But your morph immediately comes across as more warm. Have to try him out in a render and see!

    Btw, just spotted your latest renders in your gallery. Beautiful work as always! heart

    Post edited by SapphireBlue on
  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 927

    Dear SapphireBlue! Your support is invaluable. You always have such nice things to say about my work. Thank you! heart I don't find Dashing very similar to Cary Grant but it is a nice head morph, so I posted him. smiley I think he has a warm, soft gaze...

    Thank you for you lovely comments in my gallery! smiley

    Always good to hear from you and I am looking forward to seeing your render with Dashing! I know it will be awesome. yes

  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 927

    @SapphireBlue - you say you find Cary Grant sort of cold and aloof. Have you seen "Bishop's Wife"? Cary Grant plays an angel in it and he is wonderful. The older he got, the more softness, kindness and compassion were etched on his face. He went through tons of psychotherapy and around 100 LSD (supervised) sessions (which were legal at the time) that altered his life and made him a better man. He became a father in his sixties for the first and only time and left his acting career to take care of his daughter, Jennifer. Jennifer Grant wrote later a love letter of a book about her father titled "Good Stuff". 

    How's this for cold and aloof? wink Just look at those eyes:

    cary-grant-fpg.jpg
    721 x 900 - 192K
  • I agree. Other actors that got better as they aged are Harrison Ford, Liam Neeson, Kurt Russel, and Sean Connery. All of them, including the older Gary Grant, are worth considering as future projects. Katherine Hepburn and Jamie Lee Curtis would also be a good choice. The elderly don't seem to get the recognition they deserve.

  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 927

    Ditto, BronzeDragon! smileyyes The elderly get no respect, as Rodney Dangerfield would say. laugh

  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,878

    Having messed around with posing in DAZ a while now I think DAZ models need "wrinkle heat zone" weight maps, a new invention they'd need to make up themselves, that shows the wrinkle deformations on a person at 5 year increaments, eg, 20, 25, ..., 100. Those maps would also be the guide to how those wrinkles deformed, gathered and pinched or stretched and pulled, with different poses and expressions.

    That would mean that the artist only had do the 20 year old 3D modeling work and not the person at various ages.

    Same general concept could be applied for fat weight maps and for muscularity weight maps. laugh, you could then say, do a base of someone with 28% body fat and 30% muscularity in real life to be able to figure out what they would look like with 4% body fat and 40% muscularity at age 20 after exercise and loosing weights. I have no ideal of actual musclarity percentages in humans, those are numbers I made up just to write an example.

    Hmmm, after writing that, I think the wrinkle maps would need to be percentages too as people wrinkle differently at different ages and according to things like UV exposure, (e.g. cigarette) smoke exposure, and so on. I mean they are averages that cause us to think "elderly person" when we see wrinkles, but that's not always the case, and less so now in parts of the world where people don't even go outside frequently anymore.

  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 927

    @nonesuch00 - this sounds like a very interesting idea. I don't know how that could be implemented though - maybe it would be too difficult to do. Then there is that matter of fine wrinkles that require a fine mesh, which means HD that only PAs have access to. Even G9 with its denser base mesh would not be able to handle small wrinkles. It would still have to be done with normal maps, so you have another layer of complexity added to the issue of fat pads and muscles to achieve the aging effect. Nevertheless - good thinking! yessmiley 

     

  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,878

    AOBB said:

    @nonesuch00 - this sounds like a very interesting idea. I don't know how that could be implemented though - maybe it would be too difficult to do. Then there is that matter of fine wrinkles that require a fine mesh, which means HD that only PAs have access to. Even G9 with its denser base mesh would not be able to handle small wrinkles. It would still have to be done with normal maps, so you have another layer of complexity added to the issue of fat pads and muscles to achieve the aging effect. Nevertheless - good thinking! yessmiley 

    Yes, I think that after that picture you posted. You did better with your Cary Grant sculpture then you give yourself credit for.

  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 927

    Thank you, nonesuch00. I just wish I could get him about 99% right - after all Cary Grant is an absolute icon of the golden era of Hollywood.

  • AOBB said:

    @SapphireBlue - you say you find Cary Grant sort of cold and aloof. Have you seen "Bishop's Wife"? Cary Grant plays an angel in it and he is wonderful. The older he got, the more softness, kindness and compassion were etched on his face. He went through tons of psychotherapy and around 100 LSD (supervised) sessions (which were legal at the time) that altered his life and made him a better man. He became a father in his sixties for the first and only time and left his acting career to take care of his daughter, Jennifer. Jennifer Grant wrote later a love letter of a book about her father titled "Good Stuff". 

    How's this for cold and aloof? wink Just look at those eyes:

     

    I have not see the Bishop's Wife I'm afraid, but thank you for sharing that info and the lovely photo of Grant. I knew that he struggled with extreme insecurities for a long time which meant he was always putting up a facade. But I'm deeply glad to know that he grew comfortable in his skin and could finally life a richer emotional life. He definitely became a different man, as the lovely photo shows!  smiley

  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 927

    @SapphireBlue - yes Archie Leach in fact became much more like the debonaire Cary Grant later in life. I think this facade of "Cary Grant" he was wearing was in fact more the real him than the wounded  Archie Leach...

    I envy you - you will get to see "Bishop's Wife" for the first time! surprise You will have a great time, I'm sure! smileyyes

  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,878

    AOBB said:

    Thank you, nonesuch00. I just wish I could get him about 99% right - after all Cary Grant is an absolute icon of the golden era of Hollywood.

    I was reading the Blender section of the DAZ forums and it turns out someone has made a "wrinkle" map for a Blender character. It's sort of amazing but I don't think it has a slider for age adjustments. It's just for expressions, but very good expressions indeed!

    Human Progress - Artwork / Works in Progress - Blender Artists Community

  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 927

    That was amazing, nonesuch00! If I didn't know better, I'd think this was a real face. First rate expressions indeed.yesyes Thanks for sharing! smiley

Sign In or Register to comment.