Daz product & Poser 9

So, I had Poser 6 for EVER & when I updated my computer to a new one (windows 8) I tried installing my poser 6 & it didn't work.

So I figured, what the heck, I'll get 10. I freaking hate it. I tried it in January, hated it. Tried it today thinking maybe I was just utterly stupid in not figuring it out. Still hate it.

Which leads me to Poser 9. Is it the same install format at 10 b/c I don't like it. I don't like taking extra steps that are confusing to me. I can't find my files even after following the Daz tutorial. I just want to make some graphics for a project I am working on!!

So, which is the last platform (if not 9) that was an easy install where everythig was supposed to go?

And if it turns out to be 6, why doesn't it work on Windows 8?

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

If your last machine was XP and that is what you had 6 installed on, then it's not Poser that's the problem.  It's Windows. 

Windows has mandated a host of changes in how and where files can be installed...starting in Vista and progressively getting more restrictive, with 8 being the worst of the lot.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I couldn't even get Poser 6 working on Win 7.  Managed to find a boxed copy of Poser 8, but that was a couple of years ago.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I don't think Poser 8 will work on Win8, unless you can downgrade IE.

• fraochfraoch Posts: 3

I had Windows 7 before (which was AWESOME --- 8 stinks!!)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2015
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • fraochfraoch Posts: 3

I think what I'm going to do is just use my old computer & give the new one to my kids lol

I just want to make art, not mess around with technical stuff.

Thanks All!!