not sure what order it goes

ToobisToobis Posts: 934

Hi. I have gotten back into using Daz Studio after about 2 years or so. I am confused as to what essentials I need for characters as it seems there is a bunch of things out there like genesis and genesis male/female and the Victoria models etc like tons of these things and I not even sure what order they are supposed to go into. I remember when I used it last I needed morphs +++ or something. Can anyone give me a simple line chart little thing from the beginning on what essentials you need to get the latest characters up and running? also another Q: if you have a character morph, can it be used to work on genesis models?

Also why do you seemingly need genesis female and genesis male? I assume you have to purchase these in order for genesis 3 to work right if you are going to be creating anything. Ty.

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992

You can use your old content in DS 4.8. Character morphs for V/M4 can't be used directly on Genesis, but there are various ways to convert it.

If you want to use the newer Genesis models to run at all, you first need to download the "Genesis Starter Pack", "Genesis 2 Female Starter Pack", "Genesis 2 Male Starter Pack", "Genesis 3 Female Starter Pack".

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,585

The big change after V4 was the move to Base figures which the other figures are built on.

V5, M5 etc are built on Genesis 1

V6 is built on Genesis 2 female, (M6 is built on Genesis 2 male)

V7 is built on Genesis 3

The base figures (and lots of other things) are free in those starter essentials packs that Lee mentioned.

If you're going to be converting between figures then you obviously want all the the base figures installed, but otherwise the Genesis bases are not dependent on each other.

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited July 2015

Aa a quick overview there is the Compatibility-Matrix: http://www.daz3d.com/compatibility-matrix

More detailed is the History of DAZ Human Figures: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24257/daz-3d-human-figures-a-history

Both needs to be updated, because Genesis3 is only around for a few weeks. Genesis3 is not listed yet. 

Post edited by MN-150374 on
  • DrekkanDrekkan Posts: 458
    edited July 2015

Post edited by Drekkan on
  • ToobisToobis Posts: 934

Thx for replies. Just wanted to know about these things: would I need Genesis 1 and 2 to make Genesis 3 work? would I need Victoria 5 and 6 to make Victoria 7 work? Thx.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,063

No, the various generations are not dependant of each other, you don't need G1 or G2 to have G3 working.

And installing Genesis 3 doesn't stop Genesis 1 and 2 from working either.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Leana said:

No, the various generations are not dependant of each other, you don't need G1 or G2 to have G3 working.

And installing Genesis 3 doesn't stop Genesis 1 and 2 from working either.

Or Victoria 1....

Each new generation just adds MORE it doesn't replace anything.