dalekmutant.jpg
439 x 582 - 79K
kaled_mutant_insane_dalek_polymer_clay_pendant_by_dogzillalives-d4ylxkn.jpg
900 x 1315 - 201K
kim2009236.jpg
766 x 1023 - 150K

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

You do know that nakedness isn't allowed on the forums...right?

Naked Daleks...just what I didn't need to see.

Maybe try PMing Dodger?  He's got some wild creatures and tentacle laden beasties...

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091

I don't think I've ever seen someone actually make a figure by request in this manner, just a heads up. I'm sure there are some people who would be willing to, but you shouldn't be surprised if they want a good chunk of money.

• DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096
    edited July 2015

I don't think I've ever seen someone actually make a figure by request in this manner, just a heads up. I'm sure there are some people who would be willing to, but you shouldn't be surprised if they want a good chunk of money.

Especially for a Dalek mutant. Nine kinds of rigging fun for a whole family of brick walls. I might suggest approaching Sixus1 or Valandar, but expect either to charge you rather a lot for it. 

Now that I think about it, Sixus1 may already have something similar you can morph if you're any good with a modeling suite. Just a thought.

Post edited by DarkSpartan on
  • Actually, since it's related to a copyright (and possibly trademark) entity it would be a very bad idea to charge for the work - you are thrown back on people wlling to do it for fun, and as noted it would be a huge project.

• DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096

Actually, since it's related to a copyright (and possibly trademark) entity it would be a very bad idea to charge for the work - you are thrown back on people wlling to do it for fun, and as noted it would be a huge project.

True, this. My mistake. 

I would check and see what Sixus1 has that's similar and then morph it for personal use. You won't get an exact match, but I doubt you would even if you paid someone to model it. Your alternative is to go to the people that made the models you see in the pictures and ask to borrow them. If you need it long-term, you might have to bite the bullet and learn to model.

I don't envy you that last, because soft surfaces can be a royal pain get right.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Of course, there's always the chance, if well enough made the BBC may want it, too...

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006

I have not and am not planning to watch videos of this ... ? is it supposed to move around like an octopus?

• blutobluto Posts: 828

yes patience, the tenticles would move like an octopus or squids

the eye would blink an dit could bend some between the  tenticles and brain,

thats about all i would need it to do

bluto said:

yes patience, the tenticles would move like an octopus or squids

the eye would blink an dit could bend some between the  tenticles and brain,

thats about all i would need it to do

IF the weather permits and all goes well, I'll take a stab at it sometime this week.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253

Poison has a couple of packages of tentacles over on Rendo. And of course there are the Cthulu figures if you use only the heads...

Cybertenko has an eye figure, but its a bit mech-ey and steampunk. 

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909
    edited July 2015

Cthulhu's head, two eyes, but still pretty cool

Cthulhu Head.jpg
    500 x 484 - 77K
    Post edited by MarcCCTx on

The rigging is "beta", not entirely polished yet but "just in case" thought you might like something.

Will be sending you a PM.

Brainy.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 215K
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251

I'd suggest contacting Joe Quick. He made a figure very similar, a villain from Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles.

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698

I've been watching this thread, and I'd like to put this together for Bluto, but between the day job, an 18 month old, and trying to make some extra money on the side doing 3d stuff, I just can't budget much time for "just for fun" projects.

edited August 2015

Well I haven't received any reply from Bluto yet so consider this a "beta" TEMPORARY release: link retired

Link will go 404 when it's taken down. I have not yet had the time to polish all the rigging for the bones, nor am I likely to any time soon.

As I recall for rigging an octopus, normally one would start with all the arms in that infamous "T" position to the body ... I did not do that of course.

Post edited by patience55 on
  • blutobluto Posts: 828
    JoeQuick said:

I've been watching this thread, and I'd like to put this together for Bluto, but between the day job, an 18 month old, and trying to make some extra money on the side doing 3d stuff, I just can't budget much time for "just for fun" projects.

have you got any time to spare now joe?

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

If it's a paid gig maybe one of the creature creator PAs would be willing to take on the project. It looks like it is a very time consuming and difficult product to build (particularly with rigging all the tentacles and all that jazz), so it will really probably only be something able to be done if it's a commission type thing with the PA being compensated for all their time and hard work. :)

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582
    edited April 2018

Sometimes, you just gotta' get inventive.

I assembled this Kaled mutant using DarkSeal's "Pet Slime" as the main body, the eyes (yes, plural, as in 2) froma human mesh, the D*Z Brain prop, and several EasPose rigged tentacle figures.  Then I applied a custom procedual material to blend the separate component.

I used DarkSeal's Slime monster because it has one larger ocular socket and a secomd smaller one a bit lower as well as a mishapened mouth with webbed tendrils.  You see, a lot of casual viewers mistook the creature to be a cylops with one central eye.  True, the Human/Kaled fusion of Dalek Sec had a centrally positioned single eye, but that was not the intent when the puppet for the episode "Dalek" was created.  While not easily discernable with the washed out lighting when the creature revealed itself, it did have a kind of "face".  The right eye was wide opened, it DID have a left eye, or rather, a squinted shut eyelid positioned much lower and a bit smaller.  It also had a mouth, the left side severely drooped as though suffering a troke.  The idea is that this pitiful "thing" is the descendent of a humanoid species and there is still the faint remnants of that form.  The "Slime" figure has all these elements allowing for a bit more screen accurate assembly.

Sincerely,

Bill

Kaled-Casing-J-4.jpg
    800 x 800 - 101K
    Post edited by Redfern on
  • DarksealDarkseal Posts: 3

glad you like the slime!