The Gallery, So noob.

AngelAngel Posts: 1,204
edited July 2015 in The Commons

Howcome the gallery is so noob? You can't PM the artists, You can't edit or delete your comments once you hit enter... The only thing you can do is leave a comment and a Like. Theres like... No sense of community in the gallery because there is no way of commuication. Really the gallery is super noob. I would really like to have in inbox and outbox so I can talk to some of these people. Or do like facebook where people can write on your wall. That would be cool too! With a firends/follow list so I am notified when they upload new art. Or when I upload new art, my followers and friends can be notified.

Post edited by Angel on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

It is an Art Gallery, not some social media thing.   You can of course, post a portfolio type thread in the Art Studio 

• AlienRendersAlienRenders Posts: 791

I agree. It's very lacking. There are never any criticisms. I don't think it's visited all that much. It certainly doesn't have any retainablity (ie. keeping people around).

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited July 2015

I also agree.  I don't mind seeing naked Vicki in a temple with a sword so often, but I find it frustrating that SO MANY people keep posting all-grey, low-light, low-contrast works.  If you don't light your scene, the viewer can't see the story you're trying to tell!  sad

And no, "it's night time" is not a good enough reason to skip lighting.  There's always light, even in space...so use it.  The day there is no more light, that will be the first day of the end of days, and there won't be very many more stories to tell in this medium anyway, and we will all go back to radio.  wink  

And I would like a more constructive mechanism for providing/receiving feedback.  A wide-open comments section is not sufficient.  If I tried to make a comment to help, some people would probably just think I was being mean and then I'd end up getting banned or something.  That's why I only very rarely respond to most gallery entries.

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on
  • j cadej cade Posts: 2,310

I definitely think a "critique welcome/unwelcome" a la deviantart would be helpful.  On the other hand I wouldn't want it social network-y either, like my image and i'll like yours makes everything too political and uncomfortable for those among us who aren't the most comfortable socializing.

• As Chohole says, if you want critique/feedback try posting in the Art Studio forum - that's one of the things it is meant to be for.

• XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102

The gallery is crap. It has been mentioned so often, but DAZ seems to be deaf about this. Like about many other things these days. Everything that does not mean more money to earn is ignored. Sad.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Actually I think it is a very good Gallery, and obviously a lot of other people do as well, the amount of images that are uploaded into it.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567
    edited July 2015

My only issue with the gallery is I wish I could  tailor my experience more and choose to look at what I want to. It is mostly female in skimpy clothing, and that bores me. Would like to be able to select landscape so I can check out the bryce stuff, vehicles or robots, but instead it is the swimsuit channel. People also are posting unfinished pieces so that adds to the lack of structure.

I would have categories, so the viewer isn't blasted with bikini art all the time. That's fine for those who want it, but uninteresting to those of us who prefer to choose to look at sexy art, not to be forced to.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    Chohole said:

Actually I think it is a very good Gallery, and obviously a lot of other people do as well, the amount of images that are uploaded into it.

I personally don't think using the only gallery option we have counts as a a vote of it being good. I have no opinion one way or the other, but people are going to use it out of conveinece, not because they think it's good. Which they very may well, of course.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

My only issue with the gallery is I wish I could  tailor my experience more and choose to look at what I want to. It is mostly female in skimpy clothing, and that bores me. Would like to be able to select landscape so I can check out the bryce stuff, vehicles or robots, but instead it is the swimsuit channel. People also are posting unfinished pieces so that adds to the lack of structure.

I would have categories, so the viewer isn't blasted with bikini art all the time. That's fine for those who want it, but uninteresting to those of us who prefer to choose to look at sexy art, not to be forced to.

This^ 

I completely agree! It doesn't have to be a copy of Facebook or DeviantART, but there really should be catagories for stuff like the scraps, WIP's, making-of's, etc. we see over there so we can have control over what we see. And yes, an ability to edit posts would be nice as well...