Pixelated exported figure from Daz to ZBrush

jomrrrojomrrro Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hi, guys. You know, I'm new in Daz. Recently, a made a male figure and exported it into ZBrush. The problem is that in ZB it looks WAY pixelated, and editing it is awful. What am I doing wrong? What should I do in Daz before exporting?????

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited December 1969

What are you wanting to do in the end? The mesh in DS is subdivided, what you see in ZB is the base mesh. You can subd it there, but be aware that with smoothing on this will deform the teeth. However, if you are making a morph you really want to use the base mesh - if you are creating a displacement map you want to SubD with Smth off - if you are creating a model to be rendered in ZB (or elsewhere) then you can divide with SMth on.

• jomrrrojomrrro Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi there guys. Sorry for the delayed reply. I was just just using the wrong button for zooming in on your mesh.

scale.JPG
    460 x 723 - 86K
    edited December 1969

Hi there guys. Newbie here. You see, I do not know what happens when I import from Daz to ZB, that the figure is displayed RED and kinda "pixelated" (see image), and I cannot edit it to make, say, small details like wrinkles, or so. Instead, a small brush takes varios "pixels" and the result is horrible. I just want the figure to be displayed in GREY, the way I've seen it's better to add small details.

What I'm doing wrong!? What settings Should I configure?

Thanks in advance.

REDFIGURE.png.jpg
    1418 x 886 - 84K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited August 2012

Merged new thread with existing thread on ZBrush. If you like we can move the whole thread to New Users Help.

You need to Divide the mesh to get more detail, which you will need to export as a displacement map and apply to Genesis since morphs can affect only the base mesh. Open the geometry tab in ZBrush to get the division command - you may want to click SMTH off when dividing to avoid oddities, though for skin detail it may make sense to leave it on.

DivideinZBrush.jpg
    1506 x 995 - 106K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

Thanks a world, man. It's aaalready done.. ;)