AOBB's freebie male head morph Marc G9. No materials nor textures.

AOBBAOBB Posts: 957
edited October 2022 in Freebies

EDIT: I have attached the zip file for the fixed version of Marc G9. He had a "crater" navel before, now he should have a normal tummy. wink Anyway, if you have downloaded and installed Marc G9 before 10/27/2022 in the evening PST then please reinstall him using the new zip file that is below this post. 

One guy isn't enough, so here is a second one - Marc G9. His left eye isn't set quite correctly but positioning them into place and learning how to link the eye position morph to the character head morph was really tough and exhausting, so I ask for forgiveness. The upside is that (if everything went right) you won't have to dial in the eye position - this should take care of itself automatically. Here he is:

Assets used in image:

M Fashion Casual Outfit V1 G8M

G9 Eyebrows Fiber Style 01

LI Crew Cut Hair G8M

BOSS Pro Light Set

Commercial and noncommercial use.

Please post your renders with MarcG9  in this thread for our (my) enjoyment! smiley Thanks!

Cheers,

AOBB

Marc G9 F.png
507 x 750 - 503K
Marc G9 TQ.png
507 x 750 - 512K
Marc G9 P.png
507 x 750 - 533K
zip
zip
Marc G9 fixed.zip
2M
Post edited by AOBB on

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Great job.These new materials have improved the realistic qualities of your work.

You trouble reminds me when I was being measured for glasses after reconstructive surgery. The lady kept measuring because one eye was now akilter from the other and she thought she was measuring wrong. I finally told her why her measurements didn't match with symmetry. devillaugh

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

Thank you, @nonesuch00. Having quite asymmetrical eyes is pretty common, so maybe it was the lady's fault after all... smiley

I have to commend DAZ on the realism of the characters. I love that the G9 eyelids look like real eyelids and that the body size and proportions are right. Even a lot of love went into shaping the ears nicely! The materials are very good too. Once, the head and body morphs appear in the store along with G8.*/G9 converters I think a lot more people will become interested in G9. It is definitely an improvement. I'm not so sure about the way the materials are applied to the characters (I'd rather the lips were separate from the rest of the face) but once a good G9 makeup wizard software shows up I might be convinced.

Once again, God bless Richard for his pose converter. This is one of the first things DAZ should have put up in the store. I'm so happy Richard thought about writing this script. heart

Anyway, I'm glad you like Marc G9, nonesuch00. smiley

OK, here's my render for Marc G9. I used Victoria 9's materials and he turned out looking, in my opinion, like Tintin from the CGI film The Adventures of Tintin, albiet a bit older looking.

The Adventures of Tintin

@nonesuch00 - Ahoy! Marc really does look like a comic book character in your render. I like the lightimng in this image and the expression on Marc's face. Simple but effective render. smiley

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 841
    edited October 2022

Hello AOBB!! It's been a long while. Real life has been demanding, so I haven't been in the forums much, but from time to time I've had a quick peek at all the lovely work you and perlk have been creating. Big hearts to you both! heartheartheart

All your morphs are looking fabulous and you seem to be getting faster all the time! I've also enjoyed seeing all your renders (your cleopatra render is stunning!). And here you are spoiling us with G9 head sculpts already! I wasn't planning to try G9 for a good while, but after spotting your work, I decided to make some time to do just that. 

I tried out Marc and he decided to be an elf (I blame Rings of Power's influence). I used mesh grabber to just tweak his ears a bit to match. I'll see if Genevieve wants to join in when I find the time. I'm hoping to drop in when I can and try some of your other characters. A big thumbs up for all these lovely head morphs! Thank you so much! smileyheart

Marc as Elf

Post edited by SapphireBlue on

OMG, I'm so glad you came back, @SapphireBlue! I was wondering what was going on with you. I've missed you! heart 

Have you been maybe working a bit on your "animation" project? I hope you've are doing fine and your life, even if it gets in the way, doesn't turn too distressing.

Thank you for your lovely words about perlk's and my work. You are so sweet. I'm thrilled that you were checking out my gallery!  Yes, Cleo did turn out nicely. I'm quite happy with her render.

I made those G9 head morphs so fast, so people have something to work with except Vicky 9. I also wanted to fill in the gap left by the lack of Michael 9. I know that gals are more popular but hey, guys are just as important! smiley

Your rendering is lovely and shows such a different side of Marc G9. You are so creative and talented it really blows my mind. I love the colors of the autumn landscape, Marc's elaborate outfit and the gentle look on his face. I would never have thought to turn him into an elf and I am glad you showed that he is quite versatile! 

Thank you for sharing this stunning piece of art with us and I am over-the-moon happy to hear from you. I hope you will be popping onto this forum more often now and sharing your lovely soul and its creations with all of us. I am so curious what you will do with Genevieve!

You've just made my day by showing up.

kiss

AOBB

@SapphireBlue - just watched your music video inspired by the 80's. I don't know why but the song somehow sounded to me like a cross between Depeche Mode and Ultravox. Very interesting and creative use of the DAZ figures and the colorful lighting had that 80's glam factor too. Thank you for sharing. You have a very evocative voice and so is the video. yessmiley

AOBB said:

@nonesuch00 - Ahoy! Marc really does look like a comic book character in your render. I like the lightimng in this image and the expression on Marc's face. Simple but effective render. smiley

You know I meant to ask you. On your face morphs for G9, both male & female I put the Base Male Body, Base Male Head, Base Female Body, or Base Female Head sliders as appropriate for the gender of your morph. Now i know that was needed for the body because you did no morph work on the base body but on the heads I noticed the Victoria 9 DID NOT have Base Female Head dialed in to 100%. The morph was at 0%. That makes me wonder, were we supposed to have the Base Head morphs dialed in to 100% for your morphs?

Thanks!  

Hi nonesuch00 - no, don't dial in the base feminine or masculine heads when dialing in my head morphs. I sculpted my heads from scratch using the androgynous (nothing dialed in, just straight like it is after loading the figure) base. Dialing the feminine or masculine heads would distort my morphs in ways I didn't intend. Of course if you want to go for a different look, then be my guest but my morphs were supposed to be dialed as "stand-alone" morphs, not add-ons. Hope this helps. smiley

Cheers,

AOBB

AOBB said:

Hi nonesuch00 - no, don't dial in the base feminine or masculine heads when dialing in my head morphs. I sculpted my heads from scratch using the androgynous (nothing dialed in, just straight like it is after loading the figure) base. Dialing the feminine or masculine heads would distort my morphs in ways I didn't intend. Of course if you want to go for a different look, then be my guest but my morphs were supposed to be dialed as "stand-alone" morphs, not add-ons. Hope this helps. smiley

Cheers,

AOBB

OK, thanks!

So then that is why I felt the head for Tintin looked cartoonish. I dialed in the male head morph to 100% on Marc G9. I did that for Yves & Geneviere too on the Paris tourist render but it wasn't as noticeable because of the angle.

You're welcome! I should probably put a note about that in the readme.txt files that come with my head morphs, so others aren't confused either. I'm glad you brought this issue up. smiley

• AOBB said:

OMG, I'm so glad you came back, @SapphireBlue! I was wondering what was going on with you. I've missed you! heart 

Have you been maybe working a bit on your "animation" project? I hope you've are doing fine and your life, even if it gets in the way, doesn't turn too distressing.

Thank you for your lovely words about perlk's and my work. You are so sweet. I'm thrilled that you were checking out my gallery!  Yes, Cleo did turn out nicely. I'm quite happy with her render.

I made those G9 head morphs so fast, so people have something to work with except Vicky 9. I also wanted to fill in the gap left by the lack of Michael 9. I know that gals are more popular but hey, guys are just as important! smiley

Your rendering is lovely and shows such a different side of Marc G9. You are so creative and talented it really blows my mind. I love the colors of the autumn landscape, Marc's elaborate outfit and the gentle look on his face. I would never have thought to turn him into an elf and I am glad you showed that he is quite versatile! 

Thank you for sharing this stunning piece of art with us and I am over-the-moon happy to hear from you. I hope you will be popping onto this forum more often now and sharing your lovely soul and its creations with all of us. I am so curious what you will do with Genevieve!

You've just made my day by showing up.

kiss

AOBB

AOBB, no no, you are so sweet! heart kiss Thank you so much! I missed trying out your morphs and writing to you. The forum page sadly ate up my long response to you from two days back so here I am again... Things have just been busy with the kids and general health stuff, so I cut way back on most creative and online stuff. I think I managed 2 renders in 2 months before this, and hardly any music either. But it had its benefits - online stuff is so addictive! surprise So a break was a good thing too. Of course, I did manage to drop in to take a peek at what you were creating and managed to shop a bit at the Daz+ sale too... blush Hahaha (My visits to the forum are probably going to be a little infrequent though for a while, so I might be a little slow to respond. But I'm here!)

I just spotted your gallery entry of Claire and Marc. WOW! It's soo moving and also soo gorgeous. Especially Claire's expression is immediately felt. A very beautiful render and composition, and your characters look so natural and totally shine! Wonderfully done! heartyes

I was trying out Claire and Yves this week (also as elves) and will post their render on Claire's page. Inspiration is a fun thing, and they've inspired me to do a few more renders with them as elves. I'll post those as I manage to make them. Thank you once again for sharing such lovely characters with us! heartheartheart

• AOBB said:

@SapphireBlue - just watched your music video inspired by the 80's. I don't know why but the song somehow sounded to me like a cross between Depeche Mode and Ultravox. Very interesting and creative use of the DAZ figures and the colorful lighting had that 80's glam factor too. Thank you for sharing. You have a very evocative voice and so is the video. yessmiley

Aw, thank you so much for taking the time to listen and watch, and for your lovely appreciation! laugh I had a lot of fun going 80s with the track and its video. The track was an older one that I finally decided to release (I just realized I did all that in June, oh gosh, time flies!). I wanted the video to be something simple, that would also help me get some practice at planning out video material. It was still a fair bit of work for me, but very satisfying to finish up. 

I think I read somewhere that you are learning Cinema 4D?? What are you planning to use it for? That sounds totally amazing! I look forward to seeing what you do. If I read this wrong, just ignore me - I randomly and quickly peruse the forums on occasion, and it's all a jumble in my head... Take care! And catch you soon! heart

@SapphireBlue - I'm so happy, happy, happy to hear from you! heart Thank you for your lovely words about my render with Claire and Marc! I hope the health problems weren't too serious! Yes, DAZ is addictive. Today I slept during the day to let my eyes relax, they were hurting so much from staring at the monitor...

I am so looking forward to seeing more of your elf renders!  smiley Yes, I am trying to learn Cinema 4D. I got a perpetual license for release R25 (later ones are only on subscriptions and I like to own what I pay for). I also got some brilliant tutorials from the udemy.com website (just 22 hours of tutorials for modelling in c4d alone!). My insomnia does get in the way of focusing on the tutorials though, so it all goes very slowly. 

You asked what I plan to do in c4d - well, I've been planning with my husband (it is his idea) to make an image of this older guy sitting in a retrofuturistic diner on the moon, looking through the window at Earth. I have to design and build the whole diner in c4d, so those modelling lessons will come in handy! smiley In general - now that Autodesk killed off my perpetual (!) license for 3ds max, i have to learn from scratch another more or less equivalent program. I'm not that young, so it is harder now. I do get tired and distracted easily, so don't expect to see that "moon" render any time soon.

I hope DAZ will update its bridge to c4d, so it includes transfer of Genesis 9 characters too!

I was happy to have nice things to say about your music video. Simple but inventive and effective! yes

Will be waiting to hear more from you, my friend!

heart

AOBB

Here is my render with Marc in the background:

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/6420504982323200#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1254353

The woman is Genesis 8.1 with a mix of couple of my head morphs.

Enjoy! smiley

• AOBB said:

@SapphireBlue - I'm so happy, happy, happy to hear from you! heart Thank you for your lovely words about my render with Claire and Marc! I hope the health problems weren't too serious! Yes, DAZ is addictive. Today I slept during the day to let my eyes relax, they were hurting so much from staring at the monitor...

I am so looking forward to seeing more of your elf renders!  smiley Yes, I am trying to learn Cinema 4D. I got a perpetual license for release R25 (later ones are only on subscriptions and I like to own what I pay for). I also got some brilliant tutorials from the udemy.com website (just 22 hours of tutorials for modelling in c4d alone!). My insomnia does get in the way of focusing on the tutorials though, so it all goes very slowly. 

You asked what I plan to do in c4d - well, I've been planning with my husband (it is his idea) to make an image of this older guy sitting in a retrofuturistic diner on the moon, looking through the window at Earth. I have to design and build the whole diner in c4d, so those modelling lessons will come in handy! smiley In general - now that Autodesk killed off my perpetual (!) license for 3ds max, i have to learn from scratch another more or less equivalent program. I'm not that young, so it is harder now. I do get tired and distracted easily, so don't expect to see that "moon" render any time soon.

I hope DAZ will update its bridge to c4d, so it includes transfer of Genesis 9 characters too!

I was happy to have nice things to say about your music video. Simple but inventive and effective! yes

Will be waiting to hear more from you, my friend!

heart

AOBB

After taking a break from DAZ and all things computer, and then coming back to it more, I realize how much we tire our eyes out everyday! surprise I'm going to be kinder to them too. I've started setting a timer for 20 minutes at a time and then I have to take a break. It's hard to keep to it though, but I'm going to try make it a habit.

I'm looking forward to seeing that diner, whenever you finish it! Wow! Such a massive project, learning a new software and designing and building a whole environment. Good luck! yes I want to learn Blender a bit, but who am I kidding? It's so hard to make time for everything. Someday someday. The sky, outer space, there doesn't seem to be a limit to all the possibilities. Very fun and inspiring for sure. laugh

I just spotted you elsewhere, so I'm going to say hi there...  kissheart

@SapphireBlue - yes, do take good care of your eyes. I don't measure the time in front of the computer but when I feel my eyes are strained I take a break.

It is pretty hard for me to focus on the c4d tutorials - I'm having too much fun with DAZ! devil

I totally get why it might be extra hard for you to find the time and energy to learn blender.

I decided to go with c4d, because it has a much easier learning curve and it is an industry standard. Blender still needs some improvements in terms of user-friendliness, although it has made some giant steps in that direction. I find blender frustrating personally. Still it is a wonderful piece of software for those who don't have the cash and want to acquire some serious 3d chops.

Good to hear from you, LI!

heart

AOBB