Jepe's DAZ M4 Character MAT Updates

jepegraphicsjepegraphics Posts: 863
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I was working in July and August to update all my DAZ M4 males with new MATs - they now contain Poser9/Poser Pro 2012 MATs with SSS and different scatter groups, I also updated the DAZ Studio MATs to be Genesis compatible (they automatically apply the M4 UV Set to Genesis when used).
So if you own one of my M4 character sets, you can simply reset your downloads in your DAZ Account.
If you don't want to download the whole product again, you can still get the updated MATs from my website (jepegraphics.de).

Beside the M4 males I also updated my complete M4 Hairy Project - new MATs in .dsa format and the Body Jewels now have a reflection map like the other more recent Jewels sets.

Further I have now completed my jepegraphics Facebook page - a chronological order of all my DAZ products with a little more information than what you can get in the store here - for instance, on whom my characters are based on and so on.
http://www.facebook.com/jepegraphics - a place I also announce new products and plans, if I have then any! lol

Here's the list of M4 characters in images:

S-Z02PUI.jpg
510 x 1190 - 244K
J-A01PUI.jpg
510 x 1190 - 249K

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

thank you so much!

squeak - Nash for Simon?

• Fabricius ParmaFabricius Parma Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

A big thank you to you.

• jepegraphicsjepegraphics Posts: 863
    edited August 2012

thank you so much!

squeak - Nash for Simon?

I really havn't thought of it yet, but it's an idea. :smirk:
    When I'm ready with my current project, I will look into it - promised!

In the meantime have a look at RDNA for EZSkin 2 - it's free and gives very fine skin render results for the new Poser.

Post edited by jepegraphics on
  • ErdehelErdehel Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

Jepe said:
    ..., I also updated the DAZ Studio MATs to be Genesis compatible (they automatically apply the M4 UV Set to Genesis when used)...

I noticed this while doing a full reinstall of all my DAZ stuff. Thank you for this :)

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

So Jepe's 50% Sale day's on! I looked through my content spreadsheet to see if there was anything I wanted that I didn't have, and noticed that I have V4 Jewels And Tears but not M4 Jewels and Tears. I'm pretty much Genesis only now, but haven't tried to use this on it yet -- do these work okay on Genesis? If I've got the V4 one is there anything in the M4 one that I'd need?

edited December 1969

Jepe said:
    . . . I have now completed my jepegraphics Facebook page - a chronological order of all my DAZ products with a little more information than what you can get in the store here - for instance, on whom my characters are based on and so on.
    http://www.facebook.com/jepegraphics . . .

Jepe, I'd be very interested in seeing a list of who all your characters are based on, but I haven't been able to find it there. Help?
  • Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Jepe said:
    . . . I have now completed my jepegraphics Facebook page - a chronological order of all my DAZ products with a little more information than what you can get in the store here - for instance, on whom my characters are based on and so on.

Jepe, I'd be very interested in seeing a list of who all your characters are based on, but I haven't been able to find it there. Help?

There is no list, you have to look at every character and it is mentioned in the description above the respective pictures.

edited December 1969

So Jepe's 50% Sale day's on! I looked through my content spreadsheet to see if there was anything I wanted that I didn't have, and noticed that I have V4 Jewels And Tears but not M4 Jewels and Tears. I'm pretty much Genesis only now, but haven't tried to use this on it yet -- do these work okay on Genesis? If I've got the V4 one is there anything in the M4 one that I'd need?

You know, the mapping is different between M4 and V4, if you want to use it on Genesis, you could use both versions equally good. The V4 one is the newer one though, but there's no difference content wise. Works perfectly with the shell in DS 4.5 btw.

See also this thread for more general information:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8162/

edited December 1969

Jepe said:
    There is no list, you have to look at every character and it is mentioned in the description above the respective pictures.

Ah, okay -- found 'em. And with the new Genesis-friendly updates found five of 'em to buy at 50% off -- thanks!

. . . noticed that I have V4 Jewels And Tears but not M4 Jewels and Tears. I'm pretty much Genesis only now, but haven't tried to use this on it yet -- do these work okay on Genesis? If I've got the V4 one is there anything in the M4 one that I'd need?

You know, the mapping is different between M4 and V4, if you want to use it on Genesis, you could use both versions equally good. The V4 one is the newer one though, but there's no difference content wise. Works perfectly with the shell in DS 4.5 btw . . .
    Exactly what I needed to know, thanks!
    edited December 1969

I'm glad I could help! :) And I'm so happy to know that someone really looked at my facebook page - and liked it! %-P

edited September 2012

Jepe said:
    I'm glad I could help! :) And I'm so happy to know that someone really looked at my facebook page - and liked it! %-P

Well, I can't go so far as to say I liked it, since I loath Facebook and all it stands for. But I braved its hellish depths for info that helped me buy more of your work -- okay?
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • s l fs l f Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

I don't 'do' Facebook I'm afraid but I DO buy your fantastic products ;-) so was very happy to pick up a couple of your products that I'd wishlisted.

• K T OngK T Ong Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Mmmmmm, Jonah still makes me drool. ;-P

So glad he's now useable for Genesis. Gonna grab him now!

edited December 1969

I will see what I can do, Bryan, Nash for Simon really could need a bit of work, hopefully it will be woth it.

Thanks for your nice words, s l f, I know that not everbody likes Facebook, for me it was a good oppotunity to get my products sorted in that chronicle.

Thanks so much, K T, I hope will have fun using him. Remember that the MAT work perfectly on Genesis, but if you want to use the morphs with Genesis, I can recommend using GenX - it's now updated for DS4.5 too.

• s l fs l f Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

[quote author="Jepe" date="1348234176"

Thanks for your nice words, s l f, I know that not everbody likes Facebook, for me it was a good oppotunity to get my products sorted in that chronicle.

Facebook is definitely the way to go :) And your page looks great :) - hopefully it will get a lot more people interested in your great products. [ I just can't 'like' your page because I don't Facebook - just staying true to my luddite roots :-P ]

• How about an update for jewels and tears to apply to Genesis 8, along with the gens product.  I searched for that, and found it on PoserAddicts. which appears to be closed?

How about an update for jewels and tears to apply to Genesis 8, along with the gens product.  I searched for that, and found it on PoserAddicts. which appears to be closed?

I thought of to update the Jewels already but there was always something more important. Now I doubt that it is worth the effort, but who knows...