Tulip Hair Sale.

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567
edited July 2015 in The Commons

The email I recieved says that I only need to buy tulip hair to get a discount on aeon Soul's store. But on DAZ's Store. they say I need to buy the hair bundle.

I don't want to buy two hairs to trigger the discount. I would like to use the coupon as emailed which indicated I only needed to buy the hair.

Capture.JPG
853 x 656 - 65K
Post edited by Serene Night on

Comments

• wizwiz Posts: 1,100

I don't want to buy two hairs to trigger the discount.

Yeah, cause who wants a hair trigger?

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,823

I just wish someone would tell the DAZ web people that, as long as their CSS specifies that introductory prices are going to be white (for the dark theme -- I assume they're black on the light theme) that putting white text on a white background DOES NOT WORK. (Or a pale blue background or a pale gray background or a pale green background ... well. You get the drift.) 

This sort of thing happens over and over and over. I strongly suspect that whoever puts together their web pages only tests on the light theme, which means that they don't realize that anyone using the dark theme can't see the prices. Yes, I can switch themes or highlight the space where the price should be, but the point is, I shouldn't have to. And in fact, as mobile focused as they're trying to make the site now, highlighting the text wouldn't work on a phone or tablet; they just don't function that way.

Weird thing is that it should be a fairly easy fix, although it would mean that the CSS would have to specify information about which text goes with which theme that it clearly does not at the moment, but that's just not that big a deal.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

It is the same regardless of which scheme is used.  This has been reported.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Another glitch in that e-mail — below the big promo pic are a set of three for the new hair items. One for the G2F/G3F bundle, one for the G3F hair, and... one for the G3F hair?

Argleblargle...

• bsettbsett Posts: 74

Also the stated discount isn't being applied to additonal items added to cart from Aeons store even though I have the necessary hair bundle in my cart.

Price showing issue has been fixed now.

bsett said:

Also the stated discount isn't being applied to additonal items added to cart from Aeons store even though I have the necessary hair bundle in my cart.

It is working for the NON new items for me, which items isn;t it working for, for you?

• classicZclassicZ Posts: 26

Never mind all that - doesn't the promo picture scare the living heck out of you?

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342

Never mind all that - doesn't the promo picture scare the living heck out of you?

YES!!!

• wizwiz Posts: 1,100
    Spit said:

YES!!!

It's like someone turned limits off on lip size and smiles. What characters are some of those?

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Agreed. I noticed the same thing - email says just the hair, store page says the bundle. Not good DAZ, not good at all.  

The email I recieved says that I only need to buy tulip hair to get a discount on aeon Soul's store. But on DAZ's Store. they say I need to buy the hair bundle.

I don't want to buy two hairs to trigger the discount. I would like to use the coupon as emailed which indicated I only needed to buy the hair.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567

I have gen 2 female Tulip Hair in cart, and Tau Ceti Overseer.

Does not trigger anything.

Capture.JPG
    808 x 777 - 77K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

It was supposed to be the bundle, but DAZ has adjusted the sale to honor the error in the newsletter.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567

I can confirm it works now. Thanks Fixmypcmike! =-)

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,783
    edited July 2015

If you've managed to resist this sale so far, today's Genesis flash sale may change your mind (as it did mine). There are a lot of Genesis hair products on both lists - meaning a 94.5% discount if you buy enough of them together with a Tulip hair. I've just bought 16 hairstyles at less than $1 each, some at less than 50c. Bargain!

Post edited by chris-2599934 on