I can't simulate any d-force items anymore

2»

Comments

• ArgleSWArgleSW Posts: 141

Go to: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx

Look at attached screenshot on how to find the correct driver. You want to download the Studio 517.40 driver.

FindDriver.JPG
    884 x 1293 - 162K
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

ArgleSW said:

Go to: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx

Look at attached screenshot on how to find the correct driver. You want to download the Studio 517.40 driver.

So the Studio 522.30 driver doesn't work with dForce and DAZ Studio Pro Public Beta 5.21.*?

• ArgleSWArgleSW Posts: 141

You can give it a try, but I just read on other forums 517.40 works for sure and I can confirm it solved the issue for me. You can try 522.30 but if it fails, 517.40 will be a good next step.

I would call this entire thing a temporary workaround until a proper fix is available. 

ArgleSW said:

You can give it a try, but I just read on other forums 517.40 works for sure and I can confirm it solved the issue for me. You can try 522.30 but if it fails, 517.40 will be a good next step.

I would call this entire thing a temporary workaround until a proper fix is available. 

thanks

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 454
    edited October 2022

I have been using the Nvidia game ready driver ever since I got my computer. It's a gaming computer, so (knowing little about such things) I figured game ready driver, even though I don't use the computer to game, only for DAZ Studio. To change from the game ready driver to the studio driver 517.40 do I need to do anything complicated or can I just download it? Daz 4.21 is working fine for me right now, but if my art will look better with a Studio driver I'd like to install that.

Post edited by Calliope23 on
  • hejjj12hejjj12 Posts: 44
    I got a new graficscard recently, just as the new drivers were released. So first I tried the new and driver and they didn't work,but it did do the inspiration thing it does with dforce. When I installed the older dforce "worked" but the hair kinda breaks if the character is laying down. So it can mostly do mild bends, and all dforce hairs still feels very stiff when rendering. So was wondering can I re simulate the dforce insiation thing without reinstalling Daz studio? Or is there another solution? Or are the hairs souppse to be a bit stiff? Is anyone else having this issue?
  • glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,311

For me, game ready driver 517.48 works (DS4.21.0.5beta, win10pro)

• I guess what I also wanted to know is what are the advantages of an Nvidia Studio Driver over a Game Ready Driver in regards to using Daz Studio?  Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question. Don't want to hijack the thread. Thank you in advance.

• Calliope23 said:

I guess what I also wanted to know is what are the advantages of an Nvidia Studio Driver over a Game Ready Driver in regards to using Daz Studio?  Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question. Don't want to hijack the thread. Thank you in advance.

Studio  drives should be more stable and more thoroughly tested, the ones thata re marked as Game ready are often pushed out to meet a specific need but are not always as solid.

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 454
    edited October 2022

Thanks for your response, Richard Haseltine smiley

Post edited by Calliope23 on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited October 2022

I just installed the latest Beta this morning (NZ time) and at the same time I installed the latest NVidia drivers. As was mentioned in several other threads, dForce didn't work even though I had installed the Studio drivers (as I do every time anyhow). It turns out that there is a more general OpenCL problem that NVidia is aware of but, in the meantime I dropped back the driver version to 517.40 and dForce is working again.

For anyone who doesn't know how to find versions of the drivers - I just Google search NVidia Drivers, go to the downloads page and find the one for my GPU and the version I need. I don't - as many seem to do - use the GeForce Experience app to install drivers. In fact I never install that because I don't see any benefit and I don't like being bombarded with NVidia promotions.

Post edited by marble on
  • Thank you for the info, @Marble. All good to know. smiley

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,567

Googling the link, doesn't necessarily land one on the correct place

The link to Nvidia drivers, is always here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/568121/daz-studio-pro-4-21-0-x-nvidia-iray#latest

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

It's much slower but in the Simulation Tab you can switch to the Advanced Tab and they'll be a drop down menu if you have one more more nVidia GPU cards, one of those items in the drop drop menu is the CPU. Select the CPU in the drop down menu & you can use it until nVidia fixes their drivers. In my case, the CPU in the drop down menu is AMD but I suppose if you have an intel CPU it will be listed in the drop down menu instead.

• PerttiA said:

The link to Nvidia drivers, is always here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/568121/daz-studio-pro-4-21-0-x-nvidia-iray#latest

Thanks, @PerttiA . smiley  I need to more thoroughly educate myself on DAZ Studio and iRay in general by tutorials, the forums, YouTube videos. I think I am one of those who presses the "make art button"  without really knowing what I am doing! Lol. These forums are so helpful. Thanks again.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,924
    edited October 2022

nonesuch00 said:

It's much slower but in the Simulation Tab you can switch to the Advanced Tab and they'll be a drop down menu if you have one more more nVidia GPU cards, one of those items in the drop drop menu is the CPU. Select the CPU in the drop down menu & you can use it until nVidia fixes their drivers. In my case, the CPU in the drop down menu is AMD but I suppose if you have an intel CPU it will be listed in the drop down menu instead.

if you have onboard graphics 

it's what I did but not all rigs do 

my second monitor actually uses the Vega graphics so it may not show up on a PC where you are not

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

PerttiA said:

Well, that's exactly the page I land on after I google but thanks for the precise link - I should have saved it before but I have never bothered.

edited October 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

nonesuch00 said:

if you have onboard graphics 

it's what I did but not all rigs do 

my second monitor actually uses the Vega graphics so it may not show up on a PC where you are not

Oh! Thanks.

I have a AMD Ryzen 7 5700G with Vega 8 so it's the on-board graphics it's using and not the CPU. Intel always has onboard graphics so if you have intel CPU, you are good to go.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • oddboboddbob Posts: 348

marble said: I don't - as many seem to do - use the GeForce Experience app to install drivers. In fact I never install that because I don't see any benefit and I don't like being bombarded with NVidia promotions.

One promotion that is running at the moment is people being randomly offerered the chance to purchase a 4090FE. It's region specific and numbers seem limited but it's an option if you're in the market for one. There's also a performance overlay that offers some useful realtime monitoring of GPU and CPU use. It's basic but quick and easy. ALT Z to get to the page to turn it on and ALT R to toggle.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,567

nonesuch00 said:

Intel always has onboard graphics so if you have intel CPU, you are good to go.

Only the 'consumer' versions of Intel CPU's have integrated graphics, and not even all of those. 

oddbob said:

marble said: I don't - as many seem to do - use the GeForce Experience app to install drivers. In fact I never install that because I don't see any benefit and I don't like being bombarded with NVidia promotions.

One promotion that is running at the moment is people being randomly offerered the chance to purchase a 4090FE. It's region specific and numbers seem limited but it's an option if you're in the market for one. There's also a performance overlay that offers some useful realtime monitoring of GPU and CPU use. It's basic but quick and easy. ALT Z to get to the page to turn it on and ALT R to toggle.

Region Specific usually excludes my region (New Zealand). Anyhow, I think my 3090 will have to last me until I can save for a 7090.

• oddboboddbob Posts: 348

marble said:

oddbob said:

Region Specific usually excludes my region (New Zealand). Anyhow, I think my 3090 will have to last me until I can save for a 7090.

I think it was US, UK and parts of the EU so you're probably correct. But on the bright side you get scenery and Hobbits!

I'm thinking my 3090 is going to do another two years, possibly four and then it's going to move into my other PC.

• f7eerf7eer Posts: 117

As of today (Oct 27), I downloaded the latest Studio Driver (522.30) (not having read this thread before) and it still fails, so I reverted to 517.40. Thanks the community for identifying the last working Studio Driver.

• Yep. Just reverted back to 517.40 and it works. For anyone who needs the link, here it is: 

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/193235/en-us/

• vagansvagans Posts: 422
    Latest Nvidia drivers list this as an open issue. "- [Daz Studio] Application crashes after updating to latest driver when trying to run simulation [3838022]"
  • I've been having the same problem too guys. I was late to update drivers, and yesterday I went ahead and updated both drivers. Broke dforce completely. I went ahead and downloaded the september 20th version studio driver, and now dforce is working again. Hope nvida fixes this issue soon. 

• vyktohria_396878f81a said:

Yep. Just reverted back to 517.40 and it works. For anyone who needs the link, here it is: 

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/193235/en-us/

Thanks! Downloaded it just fine, and that made it very easy to find. smiley

• I have an AMD graphic card. Anyone can give a hint on how to fix the CL Kernels for made possible simulating.

Thx