Prince of Persia style perspective?

SonofbelmontSonofbelmont Posts: 147
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi
Is it possible to render objects out of Daz studio with the kind of perspective seen in games like Prince of Persia and Nosferatu for the SNES?

examples
Prince of Persia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK6SxVJkeDk

Nosferatu SNES
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlJ8rNjBENA&feature=related

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

There are cameras for all kinds of perspective views, I'm not clear on what you mean here?

You can create a new camera from the Create menu, and set it up any way you want. From your exmples it is not clear what you mean, do you want to render avatars in 2D from DS from a top view?

• SonofbelmontSonofbelmont Posts: 147
    edited August 2012

Sorry I should have been more clear
    What I mean is where in the case of a box, one face is always facing directly towards the camera but you can still see the top and one side of it as shown in the attached picture. The reason I ask is because I'd like to use Daz studio to create background art for my game if it's possible.

box2.gif
    125 x 116 - 2K
    Post edited by Sonofbelmont on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

The quick answer is yes. You can move your camera any place you like in Daz Studio. It's all up to the user and how much they want to learn as to what can be done. Daz Studio even does Depth of Field Renders to give that fading into the distance look you might want.

Box_Example.png
    800 x 791 - 351K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,818
    edited December 1969

I think he means isometric view, I know Carrara does it, not sure about studio.
    the other side would slip into view and the first side out as you looked down further from a mere angled view.

edited December 1969

I think he means isometric view, I know Carrara does it, not sure about studio.
    the other side would slip into view and the first side out as you looked down further from a mere angled view.
    OH!! That game thing. Naw, I don't think it can be done in DS very easily. Maybe a fish eye camera would do it but I'm not sure.
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

A fisheye lends would be the opposite of what was required - it would exaggerate the effect of vanishing points. You can turn perspective off for a camera, in the Parameters or Camera pane, but then you don't get any side view unless you are looking from an angle, which may be wrong for other things - it certainly isn't quite the same as an isometric scrolling view.

edited December 1969

A fisheye lends would be the opposite of what was required - it would exaggerate the effect of vanishing points. You can turn perspective off for a camera, in the Parameters or Camera pane, but then you don't get any side view unless you are looking from an angle, which may be wrong for other things - it certainly isn't quite the same as an isometric scrolling view.
    Okay, now my interest is peeked. I'm going to have to play and see what can be done. Hm... row of boxes each a different color and see if I can get that left right view thing to work. Pfffttt' it's something to do.