Customize Viewport navigation in Hexagon 2.5?

Hi, just purchased Hexagon with some of the Dreamlight tutorials, and as I am getting started, I am having a great deal of difficulty getting used to the default key set up to pan, rotate, etc in the viewport. Is there a way to customize this like in DAZ 4.8? I looked under shortcut and preference editors, and I did find some individual pan, etc options but they don't work with the middle mouse button/wheel sadly. This may be something that can't be done in this version of the software for all I know, but I thought I'd ask just in case.  Thanks!

Comments

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited July 2015

I know what you mean about the moving around in 3D space, you can change the short cut keys by going to Edit-ShortCut Key Editor then choose view.

The screen grab shows the way I like it, but I also use the icons at the bottom of the screen.

I have not seen the Dreamlight tutorials, personally I would recommend the tutorials by Gary Miller and Danny Ripley. 

CG Dreams -

Geek At Play (series 1-4) - http://www.geekatplay.com/hexagon-tutorials.php

The first link is to a set of 26 shorts which shows you where all the tools are and what they do. While the other has 4 sets of project based tutorials, well worth working your way through trying each one in turn.

Navigation.jpg
    1673 x 1010 - 167K
    Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on