Good products coming for Halloween this year ?

Can the bar be raised a lot more higher this year in term of spooky products ?

Seems like violent/Gory products aren't really supported by DAZ's official store.

Don't drop the ball yet again this year DAZ ! 

Comments

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Probably coming out fitting to produce Halloween renders for 2023 wink

• Good day, Daz Studio does try to maintain some level of liberal, family friendliness - thus, a number of topics (like religious, anatomical, and gory type themes) are simply not there ... and probably never will be. That is their business model.

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,050

I would like to see costumes that look like costumes and not the real thing. Meaning, a Superman (or Batman or whatever) costume that can be clearly seen that it is a costume and not the real thing. It would be nice if it fit G3 & G8.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,008

What exactly are you looking/hoping for?

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787

Drogo Nazhur said:

I would like to see costumes that look like costumes and not the real thing. Meaning, a Superman (or Batman or whatever) costume that can be clearly seen that it is a costume and not the real thing. It would be nice if it fit G3 & G8.

I agree with this. I have several child figures but no Halloween costumes for them! Some of the adults would like to go to costume paties as well. . .

McGyver said:

Chuapacabra 9? Also chupacabra costumes for the kids*. They have been eatting their Chupacabra Smacks and want to dress up as their favorite character.

*I meant human(ish) kids. A chupacabra costume for a young goat is just so wrong.

• Zylox said:

McGyver said:

Chuapacabra 9? Also chupacabra costumes for the kids*. They have been eatting their Chupacabra Smacks and want to dress up as their favorite character.

*I meant human(ish) kids. A chupacabra costume for a young goat is just so wrong.

We make vampire costumes for children, wouldn't the equivalent be a chupacabra costume for a goat?

What I'm saying it, there should be a chupacabra costume for goats. Untapped market!

• kwerkxkwerkx Posts: 105

Zylox said:

Drogo Nazhur said:

I agree with this. I have several child figures but no Halloween costumes for them! Some of the adults would like to go to costume paties as well. . .

Food for thought, I remember trying to apply a plastic shader to a costume last year.. tried to change it into an old school, plastic, store-bought costume.  I couldn't make it work, maybe someone else can.

• This year I got even more stuff to launch my own Eleusinia and I never cared about Samhain. It's there enough Halloween stuff for Daz and Poser, anyway?

Zylox said:

McGyver said:

Too bad I can't rig clothing,  I'd do that in a minute... that would be the best Halloween freebie ever.

Also, I should look for or remake it, but the Cubacabra Smacks box says (I think) that if you mail in two box tops and $39.99, you get a free Chupacabra figure... at some point I made one (several computers ago)... It looked nothing like the one on the box, but was closeish... I never converted to DAZ/Poser format (I probably never got around to UV mapping it) and it became lost in my massive colllection of unfinished/unpublished projects.

I should try and do that before Halloween... but then again nobody ever mailed in one damn box top, never mind anything resembling currency (though I did find some bottle caps in my mailbox, but that only counts in the Fallout universe).

I really need to add some new stuff to my collection.

• McGyver said:

Bloody props, human body limbs, gory interior like a butcher's lair. Torture devices, the list goes on ! Something higher than PG-13 for once !
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,913

hansmolleman33 said:

McGyver said:

Bloody props, human body limbs, gory interior like a butcher's lair. Torture devices, the list goes on ! Something higher than PG-13 for once !

Renderotica 

• hansmolleman33 said:

McGyver said:

Renderotica 

Renderotica is awful, only a few products are worth getting and I have them. We need new products with quality textures / model. Hire PA's like Polish or Stonemason to do an horrific environment and hire Rawart for horror props/figure for optimal results.
  • Daz is highly unlikely to carry this kind of content, I'm afraid.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

hansmolleman33 said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

hansmolleman33 said:

McGyver said:

Renderotica 

Renderotica is awful, only a few products are worth getting and I have them. We need new products with quality textures / model. Hire PA's like Polish or Stonemason to do an horrific environment and hire Rawart for horror props/figure for optimal results.

I've seen some products from PAs who sell here - even some of the more well-known artists - at R'otica. I don't know if there's an exclusivity clause enforced by DAZ but I see no other reason why some of the talented artists who make products for the DAZ store shouldn't try their hand at some cinematic gore or the more adult content carried by that other store. I can understand why DAZ doesn't want to carry it but I doubt that they would be justified in preventing the PAs from branching out into products that DAZ can't sell. My guess is that a significant proportion of  DAZ Studio users are not of the Star Trek/Warrior Queen variety which is confirmed by the success of a couple of R'otica artists who provide excellent alternatives to the DAZ pro-bundled "anatomical elements".

• Richard Haseltine said:

Daz is highly unlikely to carry this kind of content, I'm afraid.

Why is that ?  Didn't DAZ added a feature ''Show mature content'' to the store page ?  How about they use that function for once.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,777

Gore has never been allowed here....even sets like my "severed man" had to be very clean and sterile......and the rules have tightened up even more that I dont know if I will even be able to make a new one of those for the next generation

edited October 2022

Here is a link to RawArt's Svered Man. Gore may require post work, although there are bloody clothes textures offered as freebies at both ShareCG and Renderosity.

https://www.daz3d.com/severed-man-for-genesis-8-male-s

Post edited by Zylox on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,439

marble said:

hansmolleman33 said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

hansmolleman33 said:

McGyver said:

Renderotica 

I've seen some products from PAs who sell here - even some of the more well-known artists - at R'otica. I don't know if there's an exclusivity clause enforced by DAZ but I see no other reason why some of the talented artists who make products for the DAZ store shouldn't try their hand at some cinematic gore or the more adult content carried by that other store. I can understand why DAZ doesn't want to carry it but I doubt that they would be justified in preventing the PAs from branching out into products that DAZ can't sell. My guess is that a significant proportion of  DAZ Studio users are not of the Star Trek/Warrior Queen variety which is confirmed by the success of a couple of R'otica artists who provide excellent alternatives to the DAZ pro-bundled "anatomical elements".

There are some Daz PA's at Renderotica.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,439

hansmolleman33 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Why is that ?  Didn't DAZ added a feature ''Show mature content'' to the store page ?  How about they use that function for once.

Daz is a family oriented website and will probably never allow those type of products. That filter is to be used in business environments, people who are sensitive to certain types of stuff or when children are present and too much stomach, legs and such are shown that aren't appropriate for those settings.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,253

marble said:

I don't know if there's an exclusivity clause enforced by DAZ but I see no other reason why some of the talented artists who make products for the DAZ store shouldn't try their hand at some cinematic gore or the more adult content carried by that other store. 

Exclusivity only applies to products, not creators. A creator can sell products at multiple different stores, but they can't sell the SAME product at Daz and at other stores.

• hansmolleman33 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Which is for filtering out some content (e.g. lingerie sets) that may cause raised brows in a work or similar environment. It has nothing to do with changing the range of items daz will sell.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,776

Looks like Nelmi is thinking ahead. Released today a shader set that turned my stomach. Must be just what you want?

• hansmolleman33hansmolleman33 Posts: 218
    edited October 2022

memcneil70 said:

Looks like Nelmi is thinking ahead. Released today a shader set that turned my stomach. Must be just what you want?

A good starter but just a shader is not enough !  The zombie generator released today failed, not for females, seriously ??

Post edited by hansmolleman33 on

I made this for a render a long time ago, but I never rigged it or anything (because I can't rig for crap)...

That's not the render I made it for, and there were a couple of other sculpts too, but they are more body-part like (stuff like an arm with eyes and spider legs and tentacles sprouting out, a brain creature, a boob monster with tentacles and teeth)... Probably not something I could post... this and one or two other are probably safe... It was more of a gory 3D Farside joke... the creatures were supposed to be along the lines of the alien critter from the John Carpenter version of The Thing, but more of a "What happens when drop you copy of the Necronomicon while summoning a pizza from Domino's"... The inter dimensional portal wasn't all that great looking though.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,913

video

I use Deforum Stable Diffusion to make gory stuff these days

honestly it has no filter blush I have to decide if it's safe to keep and upload or not

Super trippy... reminds me of a day in 1987... or maybe it was 1887... or perhaps it was just a few minutes at all... time is so indifferent in the nooks and crannies of the hallucinatory netherworlds that lie between the folds of the perceptual constructs of our interpretation of reality when it's been hijacked by venomous fluids coursing through a wound.

• Can make anything look yucky with these shaders which are on sale atm:

https://www.daz3d.com/horror-and-gore-iray-shaders

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,082

High quality cloth shaders would be nice–spiders, cobweb patterns, etc. I'm always in the market for Jack-O-Lanterns, some that don't look plastic.

More graveyards! Texture expansion for Sunken Graveyard would be nice too.

Funny/cute monsters.

Anything but lingerie.