What Happened To Software Flash Sale

I was about to purchase a couple items on my wishlist, only for the 50% discount on software items to suddenly vanish! What happened? It's just after 9:00 PM where I am!

Comments

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579

Did you try putting the item in your cart?

I put some shaders in the cart and then went to the cart.  The 50% was applied in cart.

• OrionPax09OrionPax09 Posts: 419
    edited July 2015
    Ippotamus said:

Did you try putting the item in your cart?

I put some shaders in the cart and then went to the cart.  The 50% was applied in cart.

That did it. Sorry. That's what I get for having a coronary the instant I see bargains evaporate without fully checking the facts...

Post edited by OrionPax09 on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

And for future referrence...flash sales are just that...BAM! They're gone!

Never could figure out how long they are supposed to last, because no two of them ever seem to last the same amount of time.

I am aware of how Flash Sales work. I just thought that this one had expired before the midnight deadline.

• cdemeritcdemerit Posts: 505
    mjc1016 said:

Never could figure out how long they are supposed to last, because no two of them ever seem to last the same amount of time.

My only comment on this is that I've figured out that if there is something I'm on the fence about, The sale ends the second I click away to think about it for a few. If there is nothing I'm interested in included in the sale, It'll last for an additional week.

cdemerit said:
    mjc1016 said:

My only comment on this is that I've figured out that if there is something I'm on the fence about, The sale ends the second I click away to think about it for a few. If there is nothing I'm interested in included in the sale, It'll last for an additional week.

That sounds about right... 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,688

...yeah, still have FilterForge on the wishlist. Seems whenever it does go on sale, I have no money to spare. 

kyoto kid said:

...yeah, still have FilterForge on the wishlist. Seems whenever it does go on sale, I have no money to spare. 

Just took a look at Filter Forge, and wow, it certainly looks useful. Is it a merchant's resource? 

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Yes, but the filter creators get rather perturbed if you just use their filters, especially their presets, to just knock out stuff to sell.  Always a good idea to spend some time with the filters and make them your own in some way.

Fair enough. I'll have to put that one on my wish list.