Character not showing up

So, while I was cleaning up my categories (I prefer to have my genres non-mixed so it's easier to find stuff), I noticed one of my characters (Carole 8.1) was missing from its product and thus from the Smart Content as well. I checked the folder with my characters and she's there, she's just missing from the product she's supposed to be in, and from the Smart Content. Adding her to a category manually doesn't work, neither does adding her to the product. She simply refuses to show up. I can load her without any problem, but I can't add her anywhere in a category.

Anyone have any idea what I can do? Because I mostly work with Smart Content since I do have my stuff scattered over several drives so nothing is really localized, except for in Smart Content. So, having a character not showing up there seems a bit wasteful since I'll probably even forget about her.

Comments

• Is there a Carole 8.1? Or do you mean https://www.daz3d.com/carole-hd-with-hd-expressions-for-genesis-81-female ? If so the character preset was in Lost and Found but I had no problem categorising it from the right-click menu.

• That's the one, but she's not even in Lost and Found. I even tried re-installing, but it seems as far as Daz is concerned, she's nowhere to be found (other than the Character folder in the Content Library).

• How did you install? I used Connect (installed through Daz Studio) and was recently online so my metadata would be current.

• I used the Install Manager. But I just installed through Daz directly and now she's showing up. Thanks.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,623

I think there is something odd here. I checked my install and her full preset was missing from my installs too.

The duf file physically exists at /People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Carole 8.1.duf but was not present as part of the product. This file is not listed in the DAZ_3D_83722_Carole_HD_with_HD_Expressions_for_Genesis_8_1_Female.dsx file at all. There are 134 duf files in the zip file and only 133 in the dsx. As you can see in the screenshot she can be found via the content library but she is an orphan - not part of any product - and has not been classified as either an Actor or Character.

It seems the interface will only allow me to Create product from - there is no option to add to existing product.

It's interesting that installing via Daz directly fixed it as I am assuming it would be reading the same dsx file and if there has been an update then DIM should have flagged this up for re-download?

Screenshot 2022-10-03 at 18.57.22.png
    576 x 688 - 566K