Sorting in the object folder possible?

I always have some problems finding my loaded objects because they seem to be placed in the folder randomly. For example, if there is House 1, House 2, House 3, House 4, plus Debis1 , Haystack 1, etc., they are in the order House 1, House 2, Debis1, House 3, Haystack 1, House 4. It would be nicer if you could sort by name. Is such a thing possible

Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-25 um 09.52.32.png
2258 x 216 - 212K

Comments

• mine are sorted by name

think it's up to the Windows folder options 

• KhoeKhoe Posts: 292

unfortunately it's not the case for me. It certainly has something to do with Mac, I think there is a hidden setting again how to fix it. The mess is only in Cararra, everything is correct on the system interface.

• RuudLRuudL Posts: 189

The mac uses a different filesystem then windows. It's based upon Unix. Apple's Finder app gives you an user customizable view on the files and folders. Sort by name, date modified, size, kind,  etc.. 

Carrara's browser will first check the presence of a index file (infos.txt). If present it will display the files in the sames order as found in the index file. So you might want to edit the index file to the order you prefer. 

• KhoeKhoe Posts: 292

I already knew it had to be something like this. Unfortunately, a lot of manual work is required. But I'll try to slowly get better. Thanks for the tip.
    There are tips on how to do it faster than copy & past