Noob question...

I recently downloaded Daz Studio. I only have Genesis 2 female. When I want to purchase something I see "Compatible Figures: "Victoria 4, Aiko 4, Victoria 4 Elite, Genesis, Genesis 3, Genesis 2, Victoria 7, etc, etc, etc"

Im confused I dont know what I have to look for buy... If I have Genesis 2 I have to buy something that says "Compatible Figures: Genesis 2"?

Genesis 2 is compatible with Genesis 1, Victoria 4, 5 and 6?

Genesis 3 is compatible with Genesis 1 and 2?

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604

You can download Genesis 1, Genesis 2 Male and Female and Genesis 3 Female for free. Look for bundles called Genesis Starter Essentials in your product library. Geneis 3 Male has not been released yet, and Genesis 1 doesn't have seperate Male and Female versions.

The figures are not directly compatible. You can use Autofit to convert clothes from one figure to another although the results can be a bit unpredicatable so it's safest to stick with clothes that are designed for the figure you are using. I think the version of Autofit included with Daz Studio can convert the Generation 4 figures to Genesis 1 and Genesis 2, and from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 3 Female although I hope someone else can confrm this. You can buy add-ons to convert Generation 3 figures to Genesis 1 and 2, and between the Male and Female versions of Genesis 2.

Characters are a bit more complicated. Most characters consist of a morph and a texture, and some need additional morph packs to work properly. Morphs are not compatible between figures without using conversion software. Some textures can be moved between characters but I'm not sure of the details. I think Genesis 1 and 2 can use Generation 4 textures, and I'm pretty sure Genesis 3 is incompatible texture wise with everything else.

When it comes to Mike and Victoria numbers, 5 means it's a Genesis 1 character, 6 means Genesis 2 and 7 is Genesis 3. If you are buying a character designed for Mike or Victoria 5, 6 or 7 you need to have the corresponding Mike or Victoria character. If you try using it on just the Genesis figure it may work but the morph will probably not look the way it was designed to.

I hope this makes sense and isn't too confusing.

• Thanks!!