Editing the Title of My Threads

WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

I want to edit the title of my Wilmap's Freebie thread so that it states the last update date.  (Last Updated 11/07/15)

It give an error Validate Format. Anyone know what I've entered wrong?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891

I am not sure that you can edit posts which were created on the old forum software at all.   The only answer may be to create a nw thread, unless there is going to be a way to do it in the future.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

NO for some reason the top post of a thread can only be edited by the DAZ forum team.   We have queried this, but in the meantime I will find your thread and update the date for you.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

Thank you Chohole.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

Sorry to interupt, I was just thinking of editing the title of a thread I created yesterday... And before I go and muck things up, I'd like to clarify...

Is that new threads as well as old threads, or just old threads that we can't edit the title of without assistance?

I tried to change the title of a thread once somewhere else, a while back and I just butchered the whole thing because the software was new and wonky, that's why I wanted to be sure.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Umm  That is something I can't actually check as we can edit all thread titles.  The Only way to find out is to try it I am afraid, but I do seem to think it is all top posts.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

You can rename new threads, I just tried renaming a thread, and it worked.

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

Not working for me , my thread was created before the update

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Yeah, basically if it was before the update, it's a 'priviledged access' type thing to edit.  Probably has to do with the way the migration was done/permissions that were changed.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited July 2015

How did you get that annoying "quote" text to appear at the bottom like that?  Mines all floaty still!

I hope they get these little annoyances like thread title changes and floaty bits ironed out... so far it's all OK as the positive changes keep coming... hopefully the keep coming! devil

Well HELLO.. my floaty quote is now at the bottom.. happy wolffie

Post edited by RAMWolff on