No Search and no report button for forum?

No Search and no report button for forum?   both useful features on the previous forum. 

Comments

• NadinoNadino Posts: 258

Not sure about Search but isn't the Flag link under our names the new report button? I'm assuming here ;)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

The flag is indeed the report button, now you flag up a post, rather than report

• boisselazonboisselazon Posts: 458

+ you don't have the page numbers on the thread list (you always start at the first page)

this new forum is far less readable than the previous.

What did daz people smoke to do this? 

edited July 2015

The first time you visit a thread then, yes, you go to the first post. after you have clicked on the last page and gone there, then it will send you to the place where you finished browsing before.when you visit the thread again

Post edited by Chohole on
  • boisselazonboisselazon Posts: 458

this is really a bad move. ALL the forums on the web have a direct page access in the thread list.

In addition to this, this new look&feel has a LOT of wasted space.

The readability is ...ppffff...

and the bugs...the last one that really annyed me is: I read a topic wich contains some image. I click the image wich opens (in the same tab, wich is bad), the I click back (on my mouse, under my thumb, the button) and I'm going back...sometimes, most of time I'm back to something else or 2 pages backs..

pffff

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited July 2015

I'm sure somebody else has asked.  And I'd normally search before asking a dumb question... but Search only seems to be working for product.  What happened to the Forum Search box?  Help? (And I really miss the old smileys)

Post edited by sandmanmax on
  • Threads merged

• AVU4UAVU4U Posts: 67

Geeks screwing up again so they can justify their jobs. Oh wow, look at what I did to make the forum better. The Geek said to the boss at Daz. I'm saying to that boss who doesn't seem to have a clue what the Geeks are doing, where is the search function for my threads and inquiries? 

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited July 2015

When I press the Flag link I get a window with a lot of errors.

Does the flag function actually work? Has it been tested?

I don't want to flag anyone myself, just to test it.

image.jpg
    937 x 483 - 70K
    Post edited by de3an on

Why are you wanting to report a post?   That is what the Flag icon is for.   And yes it works fine, just ignore the code snippets at the top, which will be removed at some time. It is not an essential fix, as the system works, and we are already receiving and acting on reports from flagged posts.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436

The first time you visit a thread then, yes, you go to the first post. after you have clicked on the last page and gone there, then it will send you to the place where you finished browsing before.when you visit the thread again

So you guys somehow managed to find forum software which is missing a feature that has been standard for at least the last 15 years. Congratulations?

Oh, and on search I found this advice in another thread  

You could try this : http://www.daz3d.com/forums/search?Search

It does seem to work quite well.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    Chohole said:

Why are you wanting to report a post?   That is what the Flag icon is for.   And yes it works fine, just ignore the code snippets at the top, which will be removed at some time. It is not an essential fix, as the system works, and we are already receiving and acting on reports from flagged posts.

I don't want to report anything at this time.

You stated earlier that the report link is now the Flag link, so I pressed it to check it out and saw the errors.

I thought it appropriate to mention it In this thread, since its topic concerns the report function.

• AVU4UAVU4U Posts: 67

I can't do searches for my posts on this forum. Fix this please!

• smw5smw5 Posts: 7

No Search ????

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,395

If you want the treads yous tarted go to My Discussions. If you wanna see your posts go to your profile and hit the gear and select View Users Posts

Try this until it is fixed   http://www.daz3d.com/forums/search?Search

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Chohole said:

Try this until it is fixed   http://www.daz3d.com/forums/search?Search

That's probably going to be the search...they just need to add the box for it.