Can I turn off eyelash shadows?

My character's eyelashes are casting an odd shadow on her cheek, but I don't want to hide her lashes. Any way to tell them not to cast shadows?

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

3Delight or Iray?

In 3Delight, you have a couple of options...but the easiest would probably be to apply the UberSurface shader.  That will give control over both shadow and occlusion.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,727

How would I do that?

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Select the eyebrows in the viewpane. Go to the surface menu and select them there, Go back to your content library and select the Ubershader. Double click on the Shader.

I shall give that a try :D

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

Uber Surface can only stop Occusion and Raytrace calculations now if that covers raytraced shadows which I don't think it does then the only other way I know off is to use Uber Surface 2 which has a Cast Shadows OFF switch on a pre material basis.

pre material basis?

pre material basis?

Per material....

But I did some tests and it was very difficult to get heavy shadows from the eyelashes...so what are the surface settings, with the default shader?

I'm not sure what you are asking me :(

When you load her, what are the default settings for the Eyelash surface? (Surfaces > Eyelash)

Her character or default v4?

Her character...

OK ...

eyelash surfaces.jpg
    1871 x 768 - 284K

The only oddity that I see in the basic surfaces is that there is Ambient color and strength.   Try turning that off...