Subscription Confirmation - Master List - Scam?

So, yesterday I get this email from what looks like a legit DAZ3D email.  And it's titled, "Subscription Confirmation."  I haven't ordered anything from DAZ3D is awhile...so, weird.  And the email reads, "Thank you for your interest in the Master List - Daz3d.com.  In order to complete your subscription, you just go to the following link:" and then there is a hyperlink I have no intention of clicking.

Has anyone gotten this email?  And what is this Master List subscription confirmation I've never ordered?

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

I agree. I wouldn't click on that email. And no, I've not gotten an email like that.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214

I did not receive it. It does look like phishing spam. Don't click that link. Submit a help request and  ask Daz Customer Service about it if you are unsure. The Sales Support help request type has a SPAM category you can select in the Sales Ticket Tracker.

• Write IdeaWrite Idea Posts: 292
    edited September 2022

The email is the same as the promotional emails ([email protected]) I get daily from them.  The link looks legit (didn't click on it, however).

So this is what has me confused...

barbult said:

I did not receive it. It does look like phishing spam. Don't click that link. Submit a help request and  ask Daz Customer Service about it if you are unsure. The Sales Support help request type has a SPAM category you can select in the Sales Ticket Tracker.

I submitted the ticket, thanks @barbult.

Post edited by Write Idea on
  • I don't think this is a scam. I am an occasional DAZ customer these days, since I mainly use Poser. I sometimes show up to grab Poser stuff that's free or super cheap. 

I got a "Master List" email after "buying" one of the weekly freebies. I did click the link. 

And immediately started getting DAZ promotional emails. Which I haven't gotten for years. 

I think that's all it is. They must have changed something with their email marketing.

• Write Idea said:

So, yesterday I get this email from what looks like a legit DAZ3D email.  And it's titled, "Subscription Confirmation."  I haven't ordered anything from DAZ3D is awhile...so, weird.  And the email reads, "Thank you for your interest in the Master List - Daz3d.com.  In order to complete your subscription, you just go to the following link:" and then there is a hyperlink I have no intention of clicking.

Has anyone gotten this email?  And what is this Master List subscription confirmation I've never ordered?

I don't read emails. I just delete them. Most of what I get is spam. I scroll if I see something I recognize I might click on it. but Mostly delete.

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 492
    edited October 2022

Oh yeah, this email seemed super phishy to me and I reported as phishing. I already have a subscription so why would I need to click the link to confirm my subscription? 

Post edited by Shimrian on
  • Update: I was contacted by DAZ Support and they said it might be an error in the system...  I wasn't given a concrete answer on the subject; the only thing the rep mentioned was that I wasn't apart of the mailing list.  Maybe that's why I'm getting these emails.  I don't know if I can post the replies from the rep or not.  So, I dunno.  I've gotten a total of three so far (all go in the trash).