Searching the forums now?

So how do you search the forums now? I keep getting sent to the store...

Comments

• erostewerostew Posts: 214

I was wondering the same thing. No search box anymore.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,148

I guess it's the search box that's up on the upper right side??

• cdemeritcdemerit Posts: 505
    RAMWolff said:

That's the search box for the store. This new layout is gonna make life much more interesting if I can't search the forums or  find my posts in one click anymore....

RAMWolff said:

That search is for the store. Seems like they might have put the search in the dropdown menu on the forum header (it's the cogwheels button) but I suppose that feature might be still to come.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,148

Yea, tested it.. for the store.  They need to fix that to make it smart to switch to Forum search when the end user is here in this area...

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

And of course Google site search is quite worthless, right now...too.

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582

The plan was to have it replace the main search bar with one for the forum. It seems it was a thing we accidently missed though and completely overlooked in our testing and private beta testing of the forums. We'll be fixing this asap. Sorry for the inconvenience on it.

Figured it was something like that. Thanks for the upcoming fix. It will definitely be a help finding all of the old threads I had subscribed to :) 

DAZ_Jon said:

The plan was to have it replace the main search bar with one for the forum. It seems it was a thing we accidently missed though and completely overlooked in our testing and private beta testing of the forums. We'll be fixing this asap. Sorry for the inconvenience on it.

Yup all of the urls are 404 now :( 

mjc1016 said:

• jag11jag11 Posts: 885
    edited July 2015
    mjc1016 said:

What I do is take notice of the forum number(see image) and change the browser's address bar with something like this:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/854760#latest

HTH

Post edited by jag11 on
    jag11 said:
    mjc1016 said:

What I do is take notice of the forum number(see image) and change the browser's address bar with something like this:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/854760#latest

HTH

Well...that works.

Now to go through all my old bookmarks and change 'viewthread' to 'discussion'. 

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342

You can get a list of your own posts and threads. Click on the gear icon up top, then click on your name, then click on another gear icon (maybe one more, not sure) and a menu pops up where you can view a list of your posts n stuff.

• cdemeritcdemerit Posts: 505

OK, next issue with searching the new Forums.... I'm looking at the new HazMat Suit and think I remember seeing a thread about it. I have a question about whether the hood has a down morph, and really would not want to start a thread just for that. Soooo,  I try searching the forums, but it now lists the entire post anytime the word hazmat or suit is mentioned. since several unrelated,  long treads mention it (I've been following one of the thread, So I know it is simply mentioned and not discussed), I don't really want to read those posts again. Is there a way to seach the title only? I didn't see that as an option in the gears....

cdemerit said:

I don't really want to read those posts again. Is there a way to seach the title only? I didn't see that as an option in the gears....

Not that I know of...