slow, slow, slow deleting

alan bard newcomeralan bard newcomer Posts: 2,122
edited July 2015 in Daz Studio Discussion

does the new daz have enough issues that I have to do a save everytime I do something
---
I was deleting some stuff a while ago and it was taking minutes...
--
I deleted a building an hour ago and it's still spinning...
I would just end task it, but I don't remember how long it had been since my last save.
---
the items it can't delete all loaded in about 30 secs each...
--
since these are the first deletes I've done lately, I'm wondering if this is a new feature.

i7 920 24g ram... of which daz is using 1.2 gigs... so there's not a lot of stuff...

bug_for_jerry_2.jpg
960 x 912 - 152K
bug_for_jerry_2.jpg
960 x 912 - 152K
Post edited by alan bard newcomer on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

In the Scene pane options menu turn on "Show Hidden Nodes" and see if there's a lot of stuff int he scene you don't know about.

• alan bard newcomeralan bard newcomer Posts: 2,122
    edited July 2015

no hidden nodes everything in scene placed by me...
    attached picture is one part of scene... 10 seconds to render it...
    35 minutes to delete it...
    ---
    opened a new scene loaded the store front in 10 seconds deleted in ten seconds ...
    darned if I know
    as I said the entire scene was using 1.25 gigs of ram for daz and the models...
    I often have daz at 12 to 16 gigs..
    ---
    so no clue why daz is having problems with the scene, I was able to group the parts I wanted and export them as a scene subset ... so I still have most of my work...
    I suppose if I had left it alone it would have deleted the original stuff in 8 hours or so....

---
    the second picture is what I give up deleting after an hour and killed daz...to get out of..

store_front_test_delany_street.jpg
    1187 x 949 - 499K
    store_front_test.jpg
    1187 x 949 - 206K
    store_front_test_delany_street.jpg
    1187 x 949 - 499K
    store_front_test.jpg
    1187 x 949 - 206K
    Post edited by alan bard newcomer on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

You might want to report this as a bug. I've deleted portions, or all, of very large environments with very little delay.

BTW, DAZ is the company; I am supposing you mean Studio?

edited December 1969

I'm keeping track... but essentially it looks like it will delete an object in a second but 600 objects take 600 seconds = 10 minutes...
    these items are built up of multiple objects ... as I have yet to figure how to stick them in Max and get them back as one object or mesh with a texture map.
    ---
    but I'm trying to get an exact handle on what's happening....

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,334
    edited December 1969

I'm finding that when I clear a scene it clears then takes ages to delete the objects.

edited December 1969

I'm finding it faster to save what I want as a scene subset and then closing my scene without saving, opening a new scene and importing my saved seen subset.
    ---
    I happen to be building a wall out of bricks
    each one an object...
    36 of them took 15 secs to delete

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I have found scene subsets extremely useful to load various parts.

edited December 1969

lots of my custom buildings and parts are saved as scene subsets...
    as well as the each of the cat characters in their complete forms
    plus most of them in their cars etc...

early_halloween_11w.jpg
    1800 x 600 - 620K
    early_halloween_11w.jpg
    1800 x 600 - 620K
  • rf2016rf2016 Posts: 186

Same problem. i just installed Daz 4.9 and it's very slow when I delete items.

• Sounds like a bug. File a bug report.

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421

try this,,

load your scene,, 

delete what you want,,

SAVE the (new) scene

exit daz,,,

start again Daz
    load your new scene,, 
    render,,

the problem with Daz is the 'TEMP' 

delete is from your eyes (on screen) but the object stay in temp,, in case of 'REDO' (ctrl+Z)

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,881

I have just loaded up Urban Sprawl 3 and deleted all 5 city blocks in less then 5 seconds.  Testing G3F and more as well, I am having no issue deleting anything on DS 4.9.3.166

Is it JUST your custom models that are slow to be deleted or is it all DS content such as Genesis figures and their content?

• rf2016rf2016 Posts: 186
    edited January 2017
    Mattymanx said:

I have just loaded up Urban Sprawl 3 and deleted all 5 city blocks in less then 5 seconds.  Testing G3F and more as well, I am having no issue deleting anything on DS 4.9.3.166

Is it JUST your custom models that are slow to be deleted or is it all DS content such as Genesis figures and their content?

This just happens with Genesis models, custom or not. Architecture, props and clothing delete quickly.

Post edited by rf2016 on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,792
    edited January 2017

I've had the same problem, with the Genesis 1,2 & 3 figures but not with props.... although if f I install a figure and do absolutely nothing to it except hit delete it, it will often delete quickly.  What I've noticed is that when I'm loading the model I'll get an error message that reads "duplicate formulas found in files.  check log file."  When I go there, I'll find a bunch of things like "2017-37-14 10:37:37.650 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5561): Could not find target property for formula: GenesisFemale:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%202/Female/Morphs/D3D%20Gen"  Someone in the Commons once told me that this was probably because some of the content that I'd purchased or obtained as freebies had bad code and that it could probaly be fixed manually, but that if I didn't know what I was doing I could make it even worse.  Someone else said there was a script that they might be able to fix it, but with the same warning; ie; it could make it even worse.  Needless to say, I'm pretty sure that I don't know what I'm doing, so I've been wary of attempting it, but maybe someone here has a suggestion.     

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631

You might want to report this as a bug. I've deleted portions, or all, of very large environments with very little delay.

BTW, DAZ is the company; I am supposing you mean Studio?

I have the same issue. Deleting a G3 with clothing takes 30 seconds.
  • vortex3DSvortex3DS Posts: 9

I've had this problem since 4.9's introduction.  Deleting geografted G3F characters on my Windows 8.1 w/ 32GB-RAM PC is rediculously slow.  I don't understand what the heck DS is doing to delete, but it's grossly inefficient.  A single character takes five or more minutes to be removed from any scene.  Sometimes, I have to 'End Task' because it takes less time to restart DS than to sit there and watch this painful process.  G1 and geografted G2F characters don't have this problem.  This molases syndrome also happens when grouping or rearranging geografted G3Fs in the scene.  

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Very few people are experiencing that so it is going to be harder to track down the problem without complete and detailed bug reports from those who are.