Need help in Carrara? Ask Dr. PhilW!!!

2»

Comments

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

Hi Dartanbeck, Thank you so much for your comments - I am delighted that you found stuff to inspire you and to provide some of the tools and techniques to help you on your way. We are all still learning - I learned a lot in doing the videos, and still learn more all the time about Carrara and other 3D programs.

Yes, Carrara is still my workhorse program - I do not believe there is an easier to use and yet so powerful and affordable 3D program out there - if there is, I want to see it! Of course it is not perfect and there are areas that I would like to see improved, or that I look to other programs to provide. For example, I have been using Marvelous Designer a lot for dynamic clothing, it really complements Carrara well in that department. I have tried 8.5 - and released a hair for the Genesis figure over at Daz which can currently only be used in 8.5,

Well I don't have any plans to visit Wisconsin, but I'll be sure to look you up if ever I do!

Keep on Rockin'!

Phil

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,224
    edited December 1969

Do you then use the dynamic clothes you've made in Marvelous directly in Carrara's soft-body physics engine?
    *can't believe I asked about 8.5! I knew about that hair and the results you've found about soft-body! *

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited September 2012

No I drape or animate them in Marvelous Designer and use Fenric's MDD import/export plugin to get animation files in and out. I still can't believe how fast and accurate the draping and animation is in Marvelous Designer - when I first saw a video of it, I thought that it was speeded up. Plus it has fabric presets to get different looks for different materials.

And it is relatively easy to learn (at least the basics) and great fun too!

Post edited by PhilW on