The Dragon Ate My Complaint Thread

Comments

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Well, what's better than a fairy? THREE FAIRIES AND ICE CREAM.

Here we go, hope this cheers up people.

Abrahil_6-Ice_Cream_to_Fairies.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 299K
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Hey great - love the fairy dust :) Don' really need cheering today - slow day at work, dead fish for lunch was tasty, went for a swim, and was still daylight when I got home, and now cute fairies yay ! :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Hey great - love the fairy dust :) Don' really need cheering today - slow day at work, dead fish for lunch was tasty, went for a swim, and was still daylight when I got home, and now cute fairies yay ! :)

Naaah, that just means you're getting EXTRA CHEER today! :)

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Well done Skiriki! :cheese: The fairy dust definatly polishes of that render. Did that render take 18hrs too?

edited December 1969

Well done Skiriki! :cheese: The fairy dust definatly polishes of that render. Did that render take 18hrs too?

Nope! I idenfitied the problem (one of the lights used), removed it and decided it was good enough to be like this and it took less than an hour for my 4000x4000 piccy.

edited December 1969

Ahhh... I told you you should check your settings. It's amazing what a simple light can do to your render time.

edited December 1969

Wow, the It's just too bad thread just got closed... By the looks of things the topic got into a heavy debate.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

doan wanna work today wahhh

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

I felt like that yesterday ;)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I felt like that yesterday ;)

i wanted to play hooky so badly, but was good and made it in.

didn't win the lottery, that would've made my day. lol

got the mega ball #, good for 2 bucks.

i reinstalled my older firefox version. went into my control panel, software, and saw something called mozilla maintenance. uninstalled it, so hopefully, FF won't upgrade itself again. in the address bar, if you type about:config it shows a whole bunch of stuff to modify. i removed every mozzila url.

safari won't install on my day job pc, installed okay at home and both pcs are Wxp. it must be something with the firewall at work.

i can't get rid of FF cuz i need to test how my website looks in the older versions.
    feh FF.

i'm running FF 3.01 on my lil netbook at home and it doesn't upgrade itself. iz a puzzlement.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited September 2012

Teh puzzlement indeed XD
    I've only experienced FF updating itself once. I think you have to tell it to not check for updates in the options, and as long as you don't manually update it or have firefox uninstalled, it should be fine. Oh, also CCleaner seemed to have screwed with that option somehow - or some program overwrote it - at one point and FF ended up updating to 4.0. No big deal, but it still happened. I have yet to have FireFox update itself so... Yeah.
    I myself couldn't live without FireFox. Well I could but it'd be tougher. FlashBlock, AdBlock, and NoScript. Yes yes I know there is AdBlock for Chrome as well but frankly it sucks compared to FF's AdBlock. Or at least, the version I was using when I tried Chrome a few years ago. Not only did it sometimes fail to block things (And YouTube would still force-feed me ads during videos) but the images/scripts/whatever would still show up for a second (or longer on slow connections) before disappearing. FF's AdBlock has no such troubles (IN YOUR FACE YOUTUBE ADS)
    @Skiriki: Hmm mage-type person conjuring food? Tiny little creatures in the same scene? Seems awfully familiar...
    Them baby dragons love sweets it seems XD
    Netherwhelp and the troll mage are from Warcraft :3

1194140527.dustmeat_jantirgb_.jpg
    720 x 505 - 94K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Well the idea is not unique, no. My customer asked for "something cute, something classically magical like a fairy" and said later when I pressed for specifics about elements she wants to see in pictures "maybe one picture with ice cream or stuff like that".

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Well the idea is not unique, no. My customer asked for "something cute, something classically magical like a fairy" and said later when I pressed for specifics about elements she wants to see in pictures "maybe one picture with ice cream or stuff like that".

Naw I was just saying it reminded me of that netherwhelpy picture XD

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Stepfather made a scene last night. He wanted me out of the house. I am trying to find another place to go. Not sure if he still feels that way today.

I found a theater playing hunger games for two dollars. Going to try to see that.

That really sucks. Was HUnger Games good? Perhaps I'll see it tomorrow :)

Saw it at second run theater Sunday. Loved it. Got enough pop corn but not enough soda. Other than that it was great!

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Stepfather made a scene last night. He wanted me out of the house. I am trying to find another place to go. Not sure if he still feels that way today.

I found a theater playing hunger games for two dollars. Going to try to see that.

Have not gone yet. Thinking of going tomorrow or Monday. (if I can get away with it I will watch one tomorrow and a different movie Monday.)

clickies for your eggs miss wolf :)

Thanks!

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Have not gone yet. Thinking of going tomorrow or Monday. (if I can get away with it I will watch one tomorrow and a different movie Monday.)

clickies for your eggs miss wolf :)

Thanks! That was nice of you.

edited December 1969

It posted and told me it did not so I tried again.

edited December 1969

OOOOps! LOL You didn't just do that for the new page then haha

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Well you did better than me. I had just typed out a long post, and gone, found a link to add to it, went to post it and got attacked by aliens Grrrh

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Well you did better than me. I had just typed out a long post, and gone, found a link to add to it, went to post it and got attacked by aliens Grrrh

I got attacked by aliens too, I thought my computer was having a hissy fit.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The aliens attacked me as well. During a post of course.

Take two. Today's complaint:

Dialysis.

edited December 1969

Complaint! Waffling about today's PA sales. Kinda want the troll. But I need to keep my cred card loaded for my favorite vendors, who have some stuff I need more than the cool troll. Feeling conflicted, 'cause the troll is really cool.

edited December 1969

I'm yet to see the PA today, I'm rendering and the putas hissing at me to stop with the un synced typeing lol But I have seen the troll it's awesome, I'm hopeing some new releases will come in soon too

edited December 1969

Check this announcement for PAs. Bookmark it, it gets updated daily.

edited December 1969

Thank you, I shall do that :)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

BTW, the Day 5 PA sales that ended early are back on sale.

edited December 1969

I cannot participate during this sale as I have no job.

edited December 1969

BTW, the Day 5 PA sales that ended early are back on sale.

Cool! I shall grab the item I wanted then.

edited December 1969

Revised Avatar!!!

YEY! Hair can take ages to render!

Is there a way to render a scene with the background transparent instead of a colour??? - That would be so usefull to me!!

350 x 350 - 82K
    Marcusfinnigon-AvatarV3A.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 387K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I don't know about in DS, but in Poser I save a render as a png, which generates it's own alpha map.

This discussion has been closed.