Script retrieves name from a nodes getPropertyGroups(). How can I edit that name from within Daz?

In the following function from a larger script, g_charName is created and later used to check if textures already exists in a location. This is causing me issues because if I use the same base (G8.1 Female) for two characters, and then try to use this script to generate two different texture sets, it will think I want to re-create the texture (i.e. overwrite the "old" textures), instead of creating new ones.

I am looking for help in changing the name retrieved by this script, but I have no idea where in Daz to look. I tried Edit->Figure->Scene Identification->Node Label, but that sadly did not work. I would appreciate any help!

Comments

• Try working with the Label, not the Name.

• That's just how the author of the script wrote it, my hands are tied.

I can see that characters from different products result in a different g_charName, I just don't know how to create my own unique character. Trying to save different character presets still gives the same g_charName.

• On further inspection of the script, I think I realize what's going on? Lets say my character's name is Alice. That function above will look for a "Alice Head" morph in Actor->Head->People. If it doesn't find anything nothing is done with g_charName. And that variable was earlier set to Genesis 8.1 Female.

So basically, I need to make sure my character has a head morph named after them to influence what g_charName gets set as?

• I played around a little and changing the applied head morph did indeed change the value of g_charName. So my issue is resolved, I need to create a differently named head morph to influence this variable (and that's faaar less work than reworking the entire script).