How Do I run this Script: Pose Converter Genesis 2 Female(s) to Genesis 3 Female(s)

DavemanDaveman Posts: 51
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I just purchased this product script today The PDF file only tells how to
work it after the script is run, but does not tell me anything about
how to run it. I tried guessing and came up empty.
Product:
Pose Converter Genesis 2 Female(s) to Genesis 3 Female(s)
I'm using DAZ Studio 4.8 update with iray
on Windows 7
Any help would be massively appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• jtbetheljtbethel Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

Scripts are normally run from - Daz Studio Formats - My Library - Scripts

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Product:
    on Windows 7
    Thanks

Is this the one from 3DU? If so it's easy to use.

Double click on the script

A new dialogue box pops up and you browse for the files using the browse for duf files button. It will only work with duf files.

Select the files and hit okay.

A box will pop up saying the poses have been converted hit okay.

The files show up in the same folder as the poses you converted.

• DavemanDaveman Posts: 51
    edited December 1969

jtbethel said:
    Scripts are normally run from - Daz Studio Formats - My Library - Scripts

AH! So that's where that rascal was hiding! THANK YOU!
    I had no clue. I appreciate your help a great deal.

edited July 2015

Pendraia said:
    Product:
    on Windows 7
    Thanks

Is this the one from 3DU? If so it's easy to use.

Double click on the script

A new dialogue box pops up and you browse for the files using the browse for duf files button. It will only work with duf files.

Select the files and hit okay.

A box will pop up saying the poses have been converted hit okay.

Thank you for the extra help.
    I appreciate ya a lots.
    WHOOPS! Where are the Poses Located????? Doh! LoL

Post edited by Daveman on
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

I appreciate ya a lots.
    No problem...I assume you found them??

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Pendraia said:

I appreciate ya a lots.

I havent found the poses yet. When I open the script it just takes me
    to the Scene duf folder. I tried looking through some of the folders but
    havent found the poses. :-(

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Pendraia said:

I appreciate ya a lots.

I havent found the poses yet. When I open the script it just takes me
    to the Scene duf folder. I tried looking through some of the folders but
    havent found the poses. :-(

Easiest way to find them is to scan known directories for files. Mine is set up to show new files highlighted with blue.

In the Daz directory(should be the top one)
    People\name of model you're converting the pose from e.g. Genesis2female\Poses\Name of folder of original poses.

The new files turn up in the old folder...should be wherever you originally browsed to.

• edited July 2015

"Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter" is a very good product I would strongly recommend that the producers "3D Universe" create a detailed user guide for the buyers. The software is very good and the results are amazing. Thanks to 3d Universe all of my DAZ Genesis 2 poses can now be converted to Genesis 3 perfectly... This product is well worth the money.

Thanks Guys for creating a very nice product and saving us a lot of money in rebuying new poses.

Clay

PS. I am very sorry for trashing your product, it was due to my ignorance and stupidity.

00-main-genesis-2-to-genesis-3-pose-converter-daz3d_1_1.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 179K
    Post edited by Softimage_Graphic_Artist on
    edited December 1969

I purchased the "Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter" let me tell you, don't buy this it really SUCKS!!! 1. there are no instructions at all. and you have no idea of how to use the damn product. I wasted $11.17

Warning save your money until these guys come uo with a manusl or user guide. If any body out there know how this works please drop me an email thanks
    [email protected]

Sorry I can't help with this one as I don't own it...
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

I purchased the "Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter" let me tell you, don't buy this it really SUCKS!!! 1. there are no instructions at all. and you have no idea of how to use the damn product. I wasted $11.17

Warning save your money until these guys come uo with a manusl or user guide. If any body out there know how this works please drop me an email thanks
    [email protected]

If you have problems with a product, you have the option to contact customer service, or check to see if there is a commercial thread. Within the product, on this one, is a Product Support button in the presets which take you to this thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/51586/

Here you can interface with the creators and other users to get answers to your questions.

Also, on the product page in the DAZ Store, the very first promo graphic explains the use of the product.

https://www.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/0/1/01-genesis-2-to-genesis-3-pose-converter-daz3d_1_1.jpg

While I understand your frustration, there were avenues available to you to get the information you needed. The statements were rather harsh. Hopefully the information I've given you helps you better understand the product usage.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992
    edited July 2015

Actually, the product does have a manual. It's in the Readme folder (where they usually are), and you can also fetch it online:
    http://docs.daz3d.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/public/read_me/index/22122/22122_pose-converter-user-instructions.pdf

Post edited by BeeMKay on

Thanks Pendraia. I finally found the poses. Im kinda dissapointed because with the gun poses - some are way way way off. I figured I might have to do some adjusting to some of the poses, but some poses only worked one arm - the other one stayed where it was before applying the converted pose. For me, this purchase was a waste of money. I shall go now and pout in the corner laugh

Thanks for your help though. I appreciate ya.

Sorry to hear that you were disappointed. I was quite pleased with the poses I converted and I was able to get reasonable results using it on poses from genesis and also the Hivewire family of characters. I would agree though that hand poses are hit and miss though but I mainly bought it for converting full poses so it works beautifully for my needs.

• AlienRendersAlienRenders Posts: 791

I would suggest three features that would make this product infinitely better.

1. Allow me to select a root folder and convert anything and everything you find in subfolders.

2. Allow the option to save all the new poses in a new subfolder (like G3F) from where the pose file is located. This should be compatible with #1.

3. It currently only supports thumbnails where the filename without the extension are the same (ie. mypose.duf and mypose.png). But DAZ supports an alternate naming that many products have where the .png is just added to the duf name. ie (mypose.duf and mypose.duf.png). The conversion does not create png's for this last case.

• I love this product! - Converted hundreds of G2 poses in no time at all, once I found where the product lived (see comments above). Fantastic - saved lots of time.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Since this thread got reopened, I thought some misinformation should be corrected. The product pictured in this quote is NOT the "Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter" by 3DUniverse. The pictured product is by Zev0 and DraagonStorm and is outstanding. It is unfortunate that the two porducts have names that are so similar.

"Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter" is a very good product I would strongly recommend that the producers "3D Universe" create a detailed user guide for the buyers. The software is very good and the results are amazing. Thanks to 3d Universe all of my DAZ Genesis 2 poses can now be converted to Genesis 3 perfectly... This product is well worth the money.

Thanks Guys for creating a very nice product and saving us a lot of money in rebuying new poses.

Clay

PS. I am very sorry for trashing your product, it was due to my ignorance and stupidity.

• freni-kynfreni-kyn Posts: 394

I'm going to agree with the other posters who asked that there be a pdf included with instructions.  That would be especially helpful for brand new daz users.

• Blind OwlBlind Owl Posts: 501
    fastbike1 said:

Since this thread got reopened, I thought some misinformation should be corrected. The product pictured in this quote is NOT the "Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter" by 3DUniverse. The pictured product is by Zev0 and DraagonStorm and is outstanding. It is unfortunate that the two porducts have names that are so similar.

What he said wink. I haven't been enamoured of every Zevo product I've bought, but that one is a goodie.

• AngelikMAngelikM Posts: 104

Hi everyone.

Need help with 3DUniverse Pose Converter Genesis 2 Female(s) to Genesis 3 Female(s).

I had already converted files and found the files. That has been working fine.

The problem is: How can I use those converted files?

I'd tried to drag and drop them into the actual gen3 figure and nothing changes :-( 

There is no information on how to actually apply the converted files(scripts) to the figures.

Many thanks in advance.

• 3D Universe3D Universe Posts: 327
    Angelik M said:

Hi everyone.

Need help with 3DUniverse Pose Converter Genesis 2 Female(s) to Genesis 3 Female(s).

I had already converted files and found the files. That has been working fine.

The problem is: How can I use those converted files?

I'd tried to drag and drop them into the actual gen3 figure and nothing changes :-( 

There is no information on how to actually apply the converted files(scripts) to the figures.

Many thanks in advance.

The Pose converter creates pose presets. Simply use them like you would any other pose presets.