Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

Comments

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 3,028
    edited October 2018

I do see a resemblance to her, but as for the artist having her in mind when she was modelling her, that's why I passed the salt :D

So I asked the artist. She didn't have anyone in mind when she modeled her :D (and was, in fact, unfamiliar with Pam Grier at all)

Post edited by ChangelingChick on
  • I do see a resemblance to her, but as for the artist having her in mind when she was modelling her, that's why I passed the salt :D

So I asked the artist. She didn't have anyone in mind when she modeled her :D (and was, in fact, unfamiliar with Pam Grier at all)

What he says can't be object of any discussion of course. Only he knows if he had someone in mind or not althought mind process can be pretty strange and her image could have come out of a long forgotten memory... or it could as well be simply a casual resemblance.

One thing is sure I would treat her as if it was a "look-a-like" probably trying to "correct" the differences you pointed out.

• By the way can someone point me to a product that might have morphs for the nose of G8 that might include a kinda squarish point?

I'm trying to modify a genface made morph of Eva Green into something more accurate but the nose is turning out to be quite hellish to achieve. Every morph I own produces a round tip or a pointy one...

I know it could probably be solved by manipulating the mesh in z-brush but I suck at modeling since I haven't done anthing like that in the last 30 years or so and therefero have no familiarity with any of those tools.

• I doubt you can simply dial the lips out of Sahana. That is a pretty distinct shape, you would likely need to fix that in Hexagon. The same for the nose. Looking closer, the eyes are different, too, and again, Sahana has a noticeably thinner face compared to the rounder Grier. Some of these things are not as simple as altering shape dials. Sahana has darker skin, too. If you change her outfit, Sahana still looks ethnically Indian, and not African American. I know ethnicity can be tough to pinpoint sometimes, and Grier does have a wide genetic makeup. But I think if you took a vote few people would see a strong resemblance between these faces.

Uhm on some things I can honestly say you have a point on others I am more skeptical. Judging a person appearance from pictures and movies is always tricky. A face that look thin in a picture can look wider int he next one. The difference is simply the camera focus lenght. A 35mm, a 28mm, a 50mm and a 110mm camera lens will make the face of a person look quite different.

Surely ethnicity is quite difficult to pinpoint and skin can be made lighter in a 3d studio quite easily plus how light or how dark the real skin is often depends from lights used and who or what is next to the person.

Surely I see more resemblance in Sahana with Pam Grier than in some characters of the Clebrity Series with the person they were supposed to represent (no offense intended, I still think the artist made an awesome job and most characters are almost perfect): the proff is even in this thread there was some discussions about who a certain character was supposed to portrait.

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,846

Maybe you guys can put a name to these celebrity lookalikes?

http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=decemberevans

• lface8lface8 Posts: 126
    nDelphi said:

The first one is meant to be Chris Hemsworth since the creator suggests using Mjolnir as an optional item for rendering. 

The second one isn't as clear, but I'm pretty sure it's meant to be Chris Redfield from the Resident Evil games. 

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

I know how cameras can shift perspective. Remember the swimming pool in the TV show Dallas? I visted the location once and that pool is nowhere near as big as it looked on TV, LOL. Wide angle lenses can do amazing things. But Pam Grier has been photographed a lot and in a lot of movies, and her look is consistant enough. The pic I linked is a portrait photo, and I believe an accurate image of her from that time. Though B&W, it shows her facial structure well, probably better than a color photo would. You can see the shape of her lip, which no camera trick can alter, her nose, and the roundness of her face.

How Sahana's similarities to Grier may compare to those from the 'celebrity series' is not relevant. That's like telling the policeman who pulled you over for speeding that you have seen other drivers go faster than you. That is not going to get you out of a ticket (actually it might make things worse.) While some models in the celebrity series are instantly recognizable, some are pretty lacking. The Jennifer Lawrance they have is...really something. She looks like something FaceGen would make, with her eyes being shifted way higher than they should be and the skin uneven in color. I have noticed that FaceGen has a tendancy to push the eye height up beyond what is normal. A basic rule of facial structure is the eyes should be located in the middle of the face, and the JLaw character breaks this rule badly. That's not the only thing it gets wrong, but that is the most glaring.

Making a good likeness of a person is not an easy task. 

• I know how cameras can shift perspective. Remember the swimming pool in the TV show Dallas? I visted the location once and that pool is nowhere near as big as it looked on TV, LOL. Wide angle lenses can do amazing things. But Pam Grier has been photographed a lot and in a lot of movies, and her look is consistant enough. The pic I linked is a portrait photo, and I believe an accurate image of her from that time. Though B&W, it shows her facial structure well, probably better than a color photo would. You can see the shape of her lip, which no camera trick can alter, her nose, and the roundness of her face.

How Sahana's similarities to Grier may compare to those from the 'celebrity series' is not relevant. That's like telling the policeman who pulled you over for speeding that you have seen other drivers go faster than you. That is not going to get you out of a ticket (actually it might make things worse.) While some models in the celebrity series are instantly recognizable, some are pretty lacking. The Jennifer Lawrance they have is...really something. She looks like something FaceGen would make, with her eyes being shifted way higher than they should be and the skin uneven in color. I have noticed that FaceGen has a tendancy to push the eye height up beyond what is normal. A basic rule of facial structure is the eyes should be located in the middle of the face, and the JLaw character breaks this rule badly. That's not the only thing it gets wrong, but that is the most glaring.

Making a good likeness of a person is not an easy task. 

Somehow I guessed that pool wasn't as big as it looked lol.

I agree that the comparison might have not be the best but what I meant was simply that model immediately made me think of Pam Grier while others look a like would take ages to guess... and yes I will still get the ticket lol

I agree that Jlaw eyes are too high and also agree that the texture looks a bit messy (at least in the picture I have seen but it can probably be changed with a better one... and the face is still recognisable whilesome others are not.

I found although FaceGen is not able to give you a perfect morph on its own it can still give you a starting point to work on with dials to get somewhat closer. Of course if you want perfection I suppose modeling with zbrush or hexagon is the only way.

I totally agree is not easy

• eyet33theyet33th Posts: 112
    edited October 2018

pretty good starting place for Olivia Munn

https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/52489

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Im looking for options for Gal Gadot morph in G8F or V4

any suggestions?

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    lface8 said:
    nDelphi said:

The first one is meant to be Chris Hemsworth since the creator suggests using Mjolnir as an optional item for rendering. 

The second one isn't as clear, but I'm pretty sure it's meant to be Chris Redfield from the Resident Evil games. 

You are right on both counts. The texture folders are called the names of the characters, a bit of a give away ;)

edited October 2018

New one added

List updated

CS01 - Megan Fox

CS02 - Kim Kardashian

CS03 - Adriana Lima

CS04 - Gal Gadot

CS05 - Scarlett Johansson

CS06 - Liv Tyler

CS07 - Eva Mendes

CS08 - Emilia Clarke

CS09 - Jennifer Lopez

CS10 - Angelina Jolie

CS11 - Kristen Stewart

CS12Jennifer Lawrence

CS13 - Emma Watson

CS14 - Jessica Alba

CS15 - Charlize Theron

CS16 - Pamela Anderson

CS17 - Jessica Biel

CS18 - Kate Upson

CS19 - Mila Kunis

CS20 - Kate Beckinsale

CS21 - Natalie Portman

CS22 - Cameron Diaz

CS23 - Emily Ratajkowski

CS24 - Margot Robbie

CS25 - Cara Delevingne

https://www.most-digital-creations.com/poser_daz_studio_characters.htm

This list will get very long if Adam keeps this pace up so I'll stop posting it from here and maybe start a new on at 26.

Post edited by Haruchai on
    edited October 2018

Im looking for options for Gal Gadot morph in G8F or V4

any suggestions?

Check the list above for CS04. Morphs for both G3F and G8F. There is one for V4 called Speedgirl. Just Google 'Speedgirl For V4' and you should find it (WW costumes are there as well)

• Im looking for options for Gal Gadot morph in G8F or V4

any suggestions?

https://www.daz3d.com/rylee-for-genesis-8-female
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Im looking for options for Gal Gadot morph in G8F or V4

any suggestions?

https://www.daz3d.com/rylee-for-genesis-8-female

And also CS04 at https://www.most-digital-creations.com/poser_daz_studio_characters.htm

• Haruchai said:

New one added

List updated

CS01 - Megan Fox

[ ... etc ... ]

I'm not really into celebrities, so I wouldn't recognise a lot of the people on that list if you posted their actual pictures instead of their 3D models, but CS08 really isn't saying "Emilia Clarke" to me. Maybe it's just the hair doing it, but I think she looks much more like Jeri Ryan.

edited October 2018
    Haruchai said:

New one added

List updated

CS01 - Megan Fox

[ ... etc ... ]

I'm not really into celebrities, so I wouldn't recognise a lot of the people on that list if you posted their actual pictures instead of their 3D models, but CS08 really isn't saying "Emilia Clarke" to me. Maybe it's just the hair doing it, but I think she looks much more like Jeri Ryan.

Haruchai said:

New one added

List updated

CS01 - Megan Fox

[ ... etc ... ]

This one caused a bit of discussion when it was released and afterwards. When I started to compile the list It was the one that I was least sure about so I contacted the creator direct. Adam confirmed it was Emilia Clarke. He also said if I had to ask it obviously wasn't one of his best :)

• Haruchai said:

New one added

List updated

CS01 - Megan Fox

[ ... etc ... ]

She my be an imperfect Emelia Clarke, but she'd be an atrocious Jeri Ryan.
    Big "no" to either. I will confirm its not one of his best. The Emilia that people will look for would be fair skinned like she is on GoT. This one is not, and the face shape is not right, either.
  • This gal reminds me of Alexandra Daddario: https://www.daz3d.com/mrl-eden-32657

• Big "no" to either. I will confirm its not one of his best. The Emilia that people will look for would be fair skinned like she is on GoT. This one is not, and the face shape is not right, either.

I think you mistake likeness for copy. I myself would prefer a more exact replica too. But I find you a bit too dismissive and absolute in your limited criticism. That said, perhaps this would be more to your taste?

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/dracarys-for-g8f/123035/

Big "no" to either. I will confirm its not one of his best. The Emilia that people will look for would be fair skinned like she is on GoT. This one is not, and the face shape is not right, either.

I think you mistake likeness for copy. I myself would prefer a more exact replica too. But I find you a bit too dismissive and absolute in your limited criticism. That said, perhaps this would be more to your taste?

I totally get likeness vs exact replica. The CS08 does not meet either condition. If you took the promo renders of her to random people on the street I seriously doubt many would be able to identify her. Just look here, most people had a hard time even linking her to Emilia in the first place. We had to get confirmation from the artist to verify it. And like they admitted themselves, if you have to ask who it is, then obviously they missed the mark. Even the artist who made the model understands this. So hopefully they can learn from this and improve. There's nothing stopping them from updating CS08 or trying again.

And yes I was thinking of the Sangriart model when I wrote that. Sangriart's version is without question better. I do not wish to disparage the CS lineup, but I do have high standards. I personally feel that I could have created a better Emilia on my own than that one. And if I created one, I would give the model away for free, I would not charge money. If I were to ask for money, it would need to be on Sangriart's level first. And that is why I am so hard on CS08. Some of the CS models look very good and are near dead on likenesses. But CS08 (and the JLaw, whichever one that was) just are not on the same level.

A likeness doesn't need to be perfect, but a resemblance is certainly needed. If you cannot even identify who the model is inspired by, then it is not really a likeness, is it? One should not have to play a guessing game to figure it out.
  • Big "no" to either. I will confirm its not one of his best. The Emilia that people will look for would be fair skinned like she is on GoT. This one is not, and the face shape is not right, either.

I totally get likeness vs exact replica. The CS08 does not meet either condition. If you took the promo renders of her to random people on the street I seriously doubt many would be able to identify her. Just look here, most people had a hard time even linking her to Emilia in the first place. We had to get confirmation from the artist to verify it. And like they admitted themselves, if you have to ask who it is, then obviously they missed the mark. Even the artist who made the model understands this. So hopefully they can learn from this and improve. There's nothing stopping them from updating CS08 or trying again.

And yes I was thinking of the Sangriart model when I wrote that. Sangriart's version is without question better. I do not wish to disparage the CS lineup, but I do have high standards. I personally feel that I could have created a better Emilia on my own than that one. And if I created one, I would give the model away for free, I would not charge money. If I were to ask for money, it would need to be on Sangriart's level first. And that is why I am so hard on CS08. Some of the CS models look very good and are near dead on likenesses. But CS08 (and the JLaw, whichever one that was) just are not on the same level.

A likeness doesn't need to be perfect, but a resemblance is certainly needed. If you cannot even identify who the model is inspired by, then it is not really a likeness, is it? One should not have to play a guessing game to figure it out.

Then again, there are quite a few spot on, referenced in this very fora that several people tangentally refer to as completely different individuals. Often this is due to the simple fact that they are unfamiliar with the person who is the inspirational source and in other cases I myself attribute it to wishful thinking.

Personally, I'd like all of them to be on the level of Fygomatic. But unless and until that guy ever decides to actually get off his butt and monetize his work and not just say "yeah, maybe... someday." for years on end it's more like throwing a dart at a dartboard. Some few are bullseyes and the rest are nearer or farther away to one degree or another.

As far as Adam's work goes, the only ones I've ever had to resort to asking him about were some, not all, of his supermodels. I know actresses, by and large even if I'm not familiar with their work. But models that don't crossover, not so much.

• JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120
    stuthurso said:

I don’t think I’m way out if I say that the new boy Owen 8 is a young Tom Hardy (Mad Max: Fury Road, Taboo and Peaky Blinders).  

Yeah, you aren't :D Exactly my first thought when I saw him ;) I specifically was thinking of him circa Star Trek: Nemesis in his younger, pre-shaggy beard days.

If you mix Owen with Vladimir (I add some base body morphs like fitness, bodybilder details...) and you get a great older Tom Hardy. Here a testrenden (ignore the poke throughs)

Tom002.jpg
    895 x 819 - 359K
    JUJU said:
    stuthurso said:

I don’t think I’m way out if I say that the new boy Owen 8 is a young Tom Hardy (Mad Max: Fury Road, Taboo and Peaky Blinders).  

Yeah, you aren't :D Exactly my first thought when I saw him ;) I specifically was thinking of him circa Star Trek: Nemesis in his younger, pre-shaggy beard days.

If you mix Owen with Vladimir (I add some base body morphs like fitness, bodybilder details...) and you get a great older Tom Hardy. Here a testrenden (ignore the poke throughs)

Nice one. I nearly posted here when Vladimir was released that there was a lot of Tom Hardy in him then I saw Walker and it confirmed it for me.

walker-hd-for-vladimir-8-00-main-daz3d.jpg
    960 x 1248 - 188K
  • Haruchai said:
    Haruchai said:

New one added

List updated

CS01 - Megan Fox

[ ... etc ... ]

Haruchai said:

New one added

List updated

CS01 - Megan Fox

[ ... etc ... ]

This one caused a bit of discussion when it was released and afterwards. When I started to compile the list It was the one that I was least sure about so I contacted the creator direct. Adam confirmed it was Emilia Clarke. He also said if I had to ask it obviously wasn't one of his best :)

Adam's celebrity likenesses can be a bit on the thin side and the textures are sometime awful, especially when compared to the work Sangriart does.
    S.

• eyet33theyet33th Posts: 112

this forum software really is despicably awful. i was notified of a message here via email, but when i went to check, my inbox was empty.

anyway, if anyone is interested in some of my morphs, please email me directly at eyet33th - at - gmail!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2018

Do you have your preferences set up to notify you of posts to your bookmarked threads?   or else you are checking the wrong inbox.  There is an inbox in your Account Dashboard, this is for messages from Daz . THe PM inbox is found by clicking on the gear wheel icon (Top right, on the blue-ish line) and checking the drop down list.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • StoicStoic Posts: 131

New character from Mousso! She looks familiar but I can't place my finger on it, anyone got any ideas who she is based on, if anyone? :D

https://www.daz3d.com/corin-hd-for-genesis-8-female

Corin reminds me of Jeanne Tripplehorn.

• vf1sveritechvf1sveritech Posts: 15
    edited November 2018

IF CS13 is Emma Watson then I'm Samuel L Jackson.  Everything looks completely different. 

Post edited by vf1sveritech on
This discussion has been closed.