Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

Comments

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited January 2018

Does anyone know of a good Gal Gadot morph for V4?  (NOT the forender one!)

Post edited by Chohole on
  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,533
    edited January 2018

Does anyone know of a good Gal Gadot morph for V4?  (NOT the forender one!)

Thought I saw one on cgshare. The title is a reference ot Fast and Furious.  I can't remember the exact title.  Filter the Poser section for morphs.

edited January 2018

Sensea for Genesis 8 Female from Rendo looks like the actress looks like Sopia Turner from GoT and Xmen.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582
    edited January 2018

I think I'm "deaf" from the "shouting" scale of the font! wink

Sincerely,

Bill

EDIT:  And now this post is "pointless" given a moderator edited TkdRobert's post.  So...never mind.

Post edited by Redfern on
    Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

Sorry cut and paste screwed up the font.

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,654
    edited January 2018

I thought Rylee as supposed to be Gal. But she's for G8.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    tkdrobert said:
    Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

Sorry cut and paste screwed up the font.

and edit cured it

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,849
    edited January 2018
    tkdrobert said:

Sensea for Genesis 8 Female from Rendo looks like the actress looks like Sopia Turner from GoT and Xmen.

I posted those new links. They are in the previous page towards the bottom.

Post edited by nDelphi on
  • eyet33theyet33th Posts: 112
    edited January 2018

ugh nevermind.

Post edited by eyet33th on
  • I've been spinning dials...does it look like Felicity to you folks?

Jyn.png
    880 x 891 - 450K
  • edited January 2018

bah... double posted

Post edited by timothy.deaton75_b9ad089923 on
  • eyet33theyet33th Posts: 112

I've been spinning dials...does it look like Felicity to you folks?

needs those really pronounced mouth corner dimples

• valzheimervalzheimer Posts: 519
    edited January 2018
    greys said:

Can anyone place MRL Brienne for me? She's definitely reminding me of someone, I know Mihrelle usually does look a likes, and it's driving me batty!

Save me, Look-a-like thread. You're my only hope. 

She mildly reminds me of Katheryn Winnick, actually rings like two characters from Vikings TV show, Lagertha and her gf Astrid (with shorter hair). Whole promo set rings like something inspired by the show to me.

Not sure if mentioned but pretty obvious, Norman Reedus/Daryl Dixon (The Walking Dead) is Willis: https://www.daz3d.com/willis-bundle

Post edited by valzheimer on
  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    nDelphi said:

If I'd just see that figure I don't think I would connect it with Freddie Mercury.

But the same holds true for quite a few of the celebrities shown in this thread. Sometimes it's more the combination of hair + outfit + a "signature pose" (as seen in the Freddie Mercury example) and a general "likeness" from a certain angle that makes us think of a certain celebrity.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited February 2018

Just catching up on this thread after a long time away so apologies if this has been mentioned. I have seen the posts re Adam Thwaites' CS01, CS02 and CS03.

Three others.

CS04 - Gal Gadot

CS05 - Scarlett Johansson

CS06 - Liv Tyler

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,849

I see some Liv Tyler in this one https://www.daz3d.com/isabel-v4

Anyone else?

• chorsechorse Posts: 163
    nDelphi said:

I just started converting my Celebrity Directory into a searchable directory. The new searchable directory can be found at:

http://www.beammeup.net/blog/3d-celebrities/poser-celebrities.php

I am entering all the celebrities manually and marking the ones no longer available, as well. With the new searchable directory they will be kept around in case they resurface again, as some have, and can be searched for reference.

I will be adding an anonymous report feature so if anyone finds one that is no longer available they can report it.

Don't enter anything in the search field and you can navigate all under the radio button you select, just hit the Submit button.

Thanks.  That's terrific.  The lack of a search on the site was a major irritation.

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

Has anyone seen a Tom Hiddleston (Marvel's Loki) likeness anywhere?  I've tried to make my own a few times using dials, and I just don't seem to have any talent for it.

Well, I tried in FaceGen. I can upload it if you like. Are there any good dimple morphs for male and female figures?

Yes, please!  It's a great start, thank you! <3

I'm very sorry for not replying! I never got any notifications for this thread even though it is bookmarked, and I forgot about it. I can get Tom loaded up later when I get home.

For anyone questioning whether you can share FaceGen characters: This is directly from the FG website, and covers specifically FaceGen Artist, which is the version of FG available for Daz users and sold here in the store. It is important to remember that FaceGen Artist is not the same as the full FaceGen, and it makes sense the EULA would be different.

https://facegen.com/artist_legal.htm

"Legal Texture images, morph targets and FaceGen '.fg' files created with Artist are yours to distribute."

That is straight from the creator of FG! I'm sure they covered the legality with Daz before saying that. So it is fine to share them! You can also share the .fg files themselves. This is fairly common practice in other forums. There is a very old website that has a number famous faces scanned into it. They look great, except the textures are very low rez and not really suited for Daz. There are also gaming forums that share FaceGen characters for Skyrim. There is an app designed just for getting FG characters into Skyrim! However this is for the full version of FG, not FG Artist. And there are a couple of people uploading FG characters to sharecg. Also, there are a few products in this store that have been designed with the help of FaceGen. I wont name them, but I know of one that was popular in the forums for a while. If they were not legal to distribute, then Daz would have instantly noticed this and refused the product in question.
  • Being able to distribute Facegen characters is fairly new. I'm glad it was changed.

Not quite...The Modeler version still has a restriction on distributing the mesh it creates without buying a license. This is from the FaceGen Modeler page:

"Legal

Images, video and 3D prints created using FaceGen Modeller are yours to sell or distribute.

FaceGen '.fg' files are yours to sell or distribute.

If you want to sell or distribute 3D mesh files exported from Modeller - for instance as part of a software product - you need a Re-Distribution License."

FaceGen Artist is different from FaceGen Modeler, the models generated are Daz models. I believe because Daz allows them to be distributed, FG Artist does so in turn.

So it is important to note the differences in the EULA's between them. It is OK to share all files made with Artist, but with Modeler you can share all the files EXCEPT the mesh model. However, it is very cool thing that you can share the .fg files. And .fg files work in ALL versions of FaceGen, whether it is the Modeler or the Artist version we use. This allows people to load the file and generate it themselves for the model they desire. So I could take a .fg file somebody originally made with the Modeler and plug it into Artist and get a Daz Genesis 1/2/3 version of that model! So if you look around the interwebs and find a site that has .fg files, you can have some fun making them into Daz characters. How cool is that???

Since this thread is about celebrity look-a-likes, I think this bit of info can be very handy for the FaceGen users. FaceGen is a fun piece of software to play with. I found a site that has a load of .fg files, and that was pretty fun to play with.

Ah, here is one. http://www.relativitybook.com/CoolStuff/facebank.html

There are a bunch of .fg files at the bottom of the page you can download for your FaceGen loving pleasure. It says "SI" at the top of their heads, which dates back to very old demo versions of FaceGen, the .fg files still work though! And the files work in both the demo and full version, the full version removes the watermark. Some of the heads in that link look ok, some...not so ok. But with some texture editing you might be able to get something out of them, and use them as a head start on something. They make great extras! "Hey is that ------ in the crowd?"

On the note of legality, I find it pretty hilarious that FaceGen has NO PROBLEM with 3D prints created from their models...Daz's Legal Team needs to understand that 3D prints cannot be used to copy their technology. But that is another topic.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

Not quite...The Modeler version still has a restriction on distributing the mesh it creates without buying a license. This is from the FaceGen Modeler page:

"Legal

Images, video and 3D prints created using FaceGen Modeller are yours to sell or distribute.

FaceGen '.fg' files are yours to sell or distribute.

If you want to sell or distribute 3D mesh files exported from Modeller - for instance as part of a software product - you need a Re-Distribution License."

FaceGen Artist is different from FaceGen Modeler, the models generated are Daz models. I believe because Daz allows them to be distributed, FG Artist does so in turn.

So it is important to note the differences in the EULA's between them. It is OK to share all files made with Artist, but with Modeler you can share all the files EXCEPT the mesh model. However, it is very cool thing that you can share the .fg files. And .fg files work in ALL versions of FaceGen, whether it is the Modeler or the Artist version we use. This allows people to load the file and generate it themselves for the model they desire. So I could take a .fg file somebody originally made with the Modeler and plug it into Artist and get a Daz Genesis 1/2/3 version of that model! So if you look around the interwebs and find a site that has .fg files, you can have some fun making them into Daz characters. How cool is that???

Since this thread is about celebrity look-a-likes, I think this bit of info can be very handy for the FaceGen users. FaceGen is a fun piece of software to play with. I found a site that has a load of .fg files, and that was pretty fun to play with.

Ah, here is one. http://www.relativitybook.com/CoolStuff/facebank.html

There are a bunch of .fg files at the bottom of the page you can download for your FaceGen loving pleasure. It says "SI" at the top of their heads, which dates back to very old demo versions of FaceGen, the .fg files still work though! And the files work in both the demo and full version, the full version removes the watermark. Some of the heads in that link look ok, some...not so ok. But with some texture editing you might be able to get something out of them, and use them as a head start on something. They make great extras! "Hey is that ------ in the crowd?"

On the note of legality, I find it pretty hilarious that FaceGen has NO PROBLEM with 3D prints created from their models...Daz's Legal Team needs to understand that 3D prints cannot be used to copy their technology. But that is another topic.

Is the FaceGen Modeler is intended to be used integrated in 3rd party apps like Poser?

Although for kicks I tried using the Face Room in Poser Pro 11.1 and it was an absolute mess. 

This is what FG Modeler exports to:

"Export to Filmbox (FBX), 3D Studio (3DS), Maya ASCII (ma), Lightwave 6.x LWO2 (LWO), Wavefront (OBJ), Softimage dotXSI 3.0 (XSI), VRML 97 (WRL) or STL including all expression morph targets if desired."

Though FaceGen Artist is designed for Daz, I think the easiest method would be to use Artist and then export the character you create to Poser using Daz's export feature. It would be cheaper, too, as Modeler is $300 at its cheapest level. Plus Artist is less restrictive with the mesh, allowing you to distribute it as a morph if you wish.

But if you want to use Modeler since it supports more export options for other programs, you might want to contact FaceGen directly concerning that question.

edited January 2018

This is what FG Modeler exports to:

"Export to Filmbox (FBX), 3D Studio (3DS), Maya ASCII (ma), Lightwave 6.x LWO2 (LWO), Wavefront (OBJ), Softimage dotXSI 3.0 (XSI), VRML 97 (WRL) or STL including all expression morph targets if desired."

Though FaceGen Artist is designed for Daz, I think the easiest method would be to use Artist and then export the character you create to Poser using Daz's export feature. It would be cheaper, too, as Modeler is $300 at its cheapest level. Plus Artist is less restrictive with the mesh, allowing you to distribute it as a morph if you wish.

But if you want to use Modeler since it supports more export options for other programs, you might want to contact FaceGen directly concerning that question.

OK, then Smith Micro must of licensed source from Singular Invesions long ago. Got news for them - they need to license the latest copy of FaceGen again and reintegrate with Poser Pro 11.1's Face Room.

I'd have not desire to license FaceGen unless I became wildly successful with some game I made and wanted a way for players to take selfies to convert to game avatars. However, I think that sort of functionality will be soon integrated with all new smartphone AR/VR solutions anyway, like I know Apple's can do that now.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

There is no mention of it on FaceGen's own site. They are not exactly the most communicative people. I have never seen a post by them here in the forums, though many people had a lot of questions not answered by the FAQ. They have a Google something site that may not get new posts for YEARS. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if they haven't updated their site, LOL.

Since Face Room is a different thing, the terms are probably different like they are for FG Artist. My guess would be they are similar terms to Artist, given that Daz and Poser are pretty similar. But like I said, that is a question for FaceGen.

I know they offered discounts to upgrade from Standard to Pro by including the serial in an email to them. They might do something similar with Face Room to Artist if you contact them.

And indeed, it is certainly not the only face making software. I am pretty surprised at how rare these are, though. I can only guess the legal implications scare most big companies. I can remember scanning mine and my girlsfriend's face for Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2 using the old Xbox 360 Webcam. It was a blast! People would use photos of people to scan into it. Some people used their cats.

Nintendo had something going with the old Gameboy Pocket Camera once. They were originally going to have this feature for Perfect Dark, but the feature was pulled because Nintendo got all scared about kids shooting their friend's faces in the game. This is probably why these features are so rare. Plus the genital shots, there's always some idiot who tries that. But I had actually bought a Gameboy Camera for Perfect Dark because it was talked about in the pre-release information. I was not happy when it was cut from release. Aside from that, it has been very rare to see anybody try face scanning in games, even though it is commonly asked for.

It was done again with NBA 2K a couple years ago. The feature was generally mocked, but it was cool when it did work. And of course, there was Bethesda, which made a FaceGen plugin with several of their games since they all use the same ancient engine.

There is no mention of it on FaceGen's own site. They are not exactly the most communicative people. I have never seen a post by them here in the forums, though many people had a lot of questions not answered by the FAQ. They have a Google something site that may not get new posts for YEARS. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if they haven't updated their site, LOL.

Since Face Room is a different thing, the terms are probably different like they are for FG Artist. My guess would be they are similar terms to Artist, given that Daz and Poser are pretty similar. But like I said, that is a question for FaceGen.

I know they offered discounts to upgrade from Standard to Pro by including the serial in an email to them. They might do something similar with Face Room to Artist if you contact them.

And indeed, it is certainly not the only face making software. I am pretty surprised at how rare these are, though. I can only guess the legal implications scare most big companies. I can remember scanning mine and my girlsfriend's face for Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2 using the old Xbox 360 Webcam. It was a blast! People would use photos of people to scan into it. Some people used their cats.

Nintendo had something going with the old Gameboy Pocket Camera once. They were originally going to have this feature for Perfect Dark, but the feature was pulled because Nintendo got all scared about kids shooting their friend's faces in the game. This is probably why these features are so rare. Plus the genital shots, there's always some idiot who tries that. But I had actually bought a Gameboy Camera for Perfect Dark because it was talked about in the pre-release information. I was not happy when it was cut from release. Aside from that, it has been very rare to see anybody try face scanning in games, even though it is commonly asked for.

It was done again with NBA 2K a couple years ago. The feature was generally mocked, but it was cool when it did work. And of course, there was Bethesda, which made a FaceGen plugin with several of their games since they all use the same ancient engine.

Yes, it is a bit worrying to actually have a likeness of youself and people you know in a movie or game given the way those things can influence people. It makes you want to do something almost totally pointness instead. Hello DAZ! LOL, just kidding. I will have to find toy kaleidioscopes like my neighbor boyhood friend had to waste me time instead. I've not even seen one since the early 70s though.

It seems like it would be a huge laugh for a WWF game for example until you read of children hurting themselves and each other play acting what they saw on TV. I guess ultimately it doesn't matter what the characters look like for those that are going to imitate such behaviour.

• nDelphi said:

I thought I was just going to buy Sean and Dan and that would be it, since I'm not as big of a fan of JDM. But, it looked too amazing to pass up, so I just went beyond my Jan. budget to get it!

edited January 2018

In this era of social media, there are far worse things people can do instead of shooting visual facsimiles of their schoolmates in a video game, or doing power bombs to them in a wrestling video game. (I've always found 'pro' wrestling to be hilarious, so power bombing a best bud through a table in a ladder match would be just about the best thing ever, for both of us.) It is much easier to just photoshop their face into something horrible and post it to twitter or Facebook.

Anyway, I said I would upload what I came up with for Tom. So here is my rendition of Tom. The download is a preset with a head shape and 4 textures. The rest of the textures are just the standard Genesis male. I tested the preset on my laptop, so it should hopefully work. I haven't uploaded a character before.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/90427/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Tom-for-Genesis-3-Male

You might prefer to dial the morph back to 60-80%. At 100% it might be too cartoony. I think I remembered to adjust the rigging to shape using the tutorial from the FaceGen thread. Feel free to alter him as you wish. The textures are under "Outrider42 FG." I didn't include any eyes because FaceGen eye textures are terrible. So the preset calls on Eddie's eye textures and I set the base color to blue. I did a little texture work on the face, not drastic, but I cleaned up any artifacts and messy spots FG made, and tried to add a little texture to the skin.

I could upload the .fg file for the FaceGen owners, then they could create Tom as a Genesis 1 or 2 character, or even a female.

I know FaceGen has a thread, but would people be open to a thread dedicated just to sharing FaceGen characters? That might be fun. The thread could have links to characters or the .fg files themselves. Maybe we can all shoot each other in our own scifi epic, LOL.

Post edited by outrider42 on

In this era of social media, there are far worse things people can do instead of shooting visual facsimiles of their schoolmates in a video game, or doing power bombs to them in a wrestling video game. (I've always found 'pro' wrestling to be hilarious, so power bombing a best bud through a table in a ladder match would be just about the best thing ever, for both of us.) It is much easier to just photoshop their face into something horrible and post it to twitter or Facebook.

Anyway, I said I would upload what I came up with for Tom. So here is my rendition of Tom. The download is a preset with a head shape and 4 textures. The rest of the textures are just the standard Genesis male. I tested the preset on my laptop, so it should hopefully work. I haven't uploaded a character before.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/90427/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Tom-for-Genesis-3-Male

You might prefer to dial the morph back to 60-80%. At 100% it might be too cartoony. I think I remembered to adjust the rigging to shape using the tutorial from the FaceGen thread. Feel free to alter him as you wish. The textures are under "Outrider42 FG." I didn't include any eyes because FaceGen eye textures are terrible. So the preset calls on Eddie's eye textures and I set the base color to blue.

I could upload the .fg file for the FaceGen owners, then they could create Tom as a Genesis 1 or 2 character, or even a female.

I know FaceGen has a thread, but would people be open to a thread dedicated just to sharing FaceGen characters? That might be fun. The thread could have links to characters or the .fg files themselves. Maybe we can all shoot each other in our own scifi epic, LOL.

Thanks.

Check out this Cyndi Lauper video from the 80s doing her Goonies song 'Good Enough'. The wrestlers and crew are funny. 

https://youtu.be/LxLhytQ67fs

This discussion has been closed.