DAZ 3D 4.20 Scene does not load

Ich kann seit paar Wochen keine Scene mehr öffnen. Kann mir jemand helfen? Ich habe keine Ahnung warum? Ich arbeite mit 4.20. Auch Charakter Genesis 8 / 8.1 lassen sich erst nach 5 min. laden. Ich habe Firewall kurz deaktiviert, geht auch nicht. Ich brauche eure Hilfe. Muss man was einstellen? Ich habe auch DAZ 3D deinstalliert und neu installiert, hat alles nichts geändert. Gruss Philippe

I haven't been able to open a scene for a few weeks now. Can anyone help me? I have no idea why? I work with 4.20. Also character Genesis 8 / 8.1 can only be charged after 5 min. I have briefly deactivated firewall, does not work either. I need your help. Do you have to set something? I also uninstalled and reinstalled DAZ 3D, didn't change anything. Greetings Philippe

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,623

What does your log say? (Help->Troubleshooting->View Log file)

Do not copy the text of the log to the message area, attach the file to your post with "Attach a file" that you find above the "Post Comment" button.

• felisfelis Posts: 3,791

Is it only scenes that you can't load, i.e. you can load a new character?

After trying to open a scene, attach the log file Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File

• Here is the protocol of Log File. What do I have to do to make it work normally again?

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    6M
  • philhu35philhu35 Posts: 0
    edited August 2022

Yes I can load new character but that also goes over 5 min.

Is it only scenes that you can't load, i.e. you can load a new character?

After trying to open a scene, attach the log file Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited August 2022

Looking at your log, two things jumped out so far...

1. There is no point in checking your GPU as a rendering device for Iray. The GPU has just 2GB's of VRAM which is about 1.5GB's short of what is needed to cover the base load of W10, DS, the scene, emulation of RTX features and the "Working space" needed for rendering - But, this does not prevent loading of a scene.

2. You have only 12GB's of RAM installed - Depending on how your virtual memory has been setup, this may prevent you from loading scenes, if they reserve more memory than what is available. Free space on your C-drive may also be limiting

Edit: The amount of warnings for "Duplicate formulas" and "Formula not found" makes one think, that your content library/libraries are not correctly set up.
    - How do you install your content?
    - Do you log in to DS?

Post edited by PerttiA on
    edited August 2022

1. Ok thanks for your help. Do I have to turn off CPU Render like this for Devices: Turn off CPU? (see photo)

2. In the C: drive, 53 GB are still free. Then I will have to delete some GB.

PerttiA said:

Looking at your log, two things jumped out so far...

1. There is no point in checking your GPU as a rendering device for Iray. The GPU has just 2GB's of VRAM which is about 1.5GB's short of what is needed to cover the base load of W10, DS, the scene, emulation of RTX features and the "Working space" needed for rendering - But, this does not prevent loading of a scene.

2. You have only 12GB's of RAM installed - Depending on how your virtual memory has been setup, this may prevent you from loading scenes, if they reserve more memory than what is available. Free space on your C-drive may also be limiting

Edit: The amount of warnings for "Duplicate formulas" and "Formula not found" makes one think, that your content library/libraries are not correctly set up.
    - Do you log in to DS?

Screenshot 2022-08-11 120355.png
    566 x 999 - 65K
    edited August 2022

I install manually. However, I have updated and organized my entire library in Render Directory Manager. Yes, I am registered with DZ

PerttiA said:

- Do you log in to DS?

Remove the checkmark from "Cuda 0 - NVIDIA GeForce 840M (WDM)"

Leave the checkmark to CPU as that is the only thing in your computer that can render Iray, although slowly...

C-drive, or the drive containing the OS should always have minimum 100GB's free space nowadays.

edited August 2022

Ok thanks. That's what I'm going to do. With Photoreal Mode or Interactive (Biased)Mode? I'm going to erase a few more GB on the C drive today. I'll get back to you. Thank you for your help. I have one more question. When rendering, my image becomes grainy and not sharp after about 2-3 hours. Is there a good setting so that this goes away grainy and is a good resolution? Sorry for my English is not so good.

PerttiA said:

Leave the checkmark to CPU as that is the only thing in your computer that can render Iray, although slowly...

C-drive, or the drive containing the OS should always have minimum 100GB's free space nowadays.

edited August 2022

have one more question. When rendering, my image becomes grainy and not sharp after about 2-3 hours. Is there a good setting so that this goes away grainy and is a good resolution?

PerttiA said:

Depending on what is on your scene, you may get better results if you let it render overnight, set max samples to something like 15000 and max time 30000 (seconds).

Rendering Iray with the CPU is painfully slow, but that is the only option available with your laptop.

edited August 2022

Okay thanks

PerttiA said:

Depending on what is on your scene, you may get better results if you let it render overnight, set max samples to something like 15000 and max time 30000 (seconds).

Rendering Iray with the CPU is painfully slow, but that is the only option available with your laptop.

philhu35 said:

I install manually. However, I have updated and organized my entire library in Render Directory Manager. Yes, I am registered with DZ

PerttiA said:

- Do you log in to DS?

By, do you log in to DS, I meant, when you open Daz Studio, do you log in to it, or have you at any time given Daz Studio your user name and password, so that Daz Studio can log in to DAZ servers? 

edited August 2022

I am automatically logged in.

PerttiA said:

By, do you log in to DS, I meant, when you open Daz Studio, do you log in to it, or have you at any time given Daz Studio your user name and password, so that Daz Studio can log in to DAZ servers? 

philhu35 said:

Logging in to Daz Studio is needed only when installing products with DAZ Connect within Daz Studio (in 'Smart' Content) 

If one is using DAZ Install Manager, DAZ Central or manual installation, being logged in to Daz Studio can mess up ones content library.

edited August 2022

okay, I have to log out where?

PerttiA said:

philhu35 said:

Logging in to Daz Studio is needed only when installing products with DAZ Connect within Daz Studio (in 'Smart' Content) 

If one is using DAZ Install Manager, DAZ Central or manual installation, being logged in to Daz Studio can mess up ones content library.

Set your startup options as in the attacment

StartUp.jpg
    522 x 244 - 14K
    edited August 2022

do you have to turn them all on?

PerttiA said:

Set your startup options as in the attacment

philhu35 said:

do you have to turn them all on?

All off, just like in the picture 

edited August 2022

ok I do. and the other options?

PerttiA said:

All off, just like in the picture 

Screenshot 2022-08-15 081727.png
    442 x 516 - 29K
    Screenshot 2022-08-15 081747.png
    430 x 518 - 37K
    Screenshot 2022-08-15 081814.jpg
    433 x 519 - 127K
    Screenshot 2022-08-15 081836.png
    434 x 520 - 49K

Third picture, remove the check from "Participate in DAZ Studio Improvement Program" and set "DAZ Studio Updates" to "Never" (DS is not updated that often and when it is, it's better to see what problems others are having first)

edited August 2022

Ok Thanks :-) Where to deactivate on update of Daz?

I can now load Scene again but very slowly and it goes for a long time.. But it works, thank you for your help

PerttiA said:Third picture, remove the check from "Participate in DAZ Studio Improvement Program" and set "DAZ Studio Updates" to "Never" (DS is not updated that often and when it is, it's better to see what problems others are having first)

edited August 2022

Ok I know where to deactivate. Is there anything else I could set? Does the Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 help to load something for my scene? whether it is faster? 

philhu35 said:

Ok Thanks :-) Where to deactivate on update of Daz?

I can now load Scene again but very slowly and it goes for a long time.. But it works, thank you for your help

PerttiA said:Third picture, remove the check from "Participate in DAZ Studio Improvement Program" and set "DAZ Studio Updates" to "Never" (DS is not updated that often and when it is, it's better to see what problems others are having first)

The reason for loading a scene taking so long is the amount of Warnings in your log, especially the ones saying "Duplicate formula found linking..." but also the ones saying "Formula output property not found".

The duplicate formulas mean that you have two (or more) products in conflict with each others and formula output property not found, means that you are either missing a required product or there is a typo or some other problem within the files involved.

12GB RAM can also make everything slow as your computer is probably using your drive to fill in for the missing RAM.