Can I install Carrara 8.5 on Drive D on my computer?

I am running out of room on my C: drive.

An easy fix is to install Carrara 8.5 (Paid version in 2016) on my computer's D: drive.  Carrara is showing to be 207 GB in my Control Panel which is hard to believe, but ok.

Has anyone ever done this?  

Thank you so much for your help!!

Comments

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191

Jan_Scrapper said:

I am running out of room on my C: drive.

An easy fix is to install Carrara 8.5 (Paid version in 2016) on my computer's D: drive.  Carrara is showing to be 207 GB in my Control Panel which is hard to believe, but ok.

Has anyone ever done this?  

Thank you so much for your help!!

I also run dual hard drives, but only for a bootable backup of Drive C: using Casper from Future Systems Solutions.  My Carrara program is about 1 GB, there is something wrong with your 207GB.  I'm pretty sure I can run Carrara from my backup hard drive - that's the whole point of Casper, a completely identical drive, bootable.  But a first step might be to offload your C: Drive to external devices - USB drives, flash drives, DVD's, anything.

• Thank you so much!

• I'm uninstalling first and might install again on C:

carrara taking 207 GB.PNG
    1327 x 124 - 18K
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,801
    edited August 2022

I just copied the Carrara installation folders on C: over to E: then I uninstalled Carrara from c: then reinstalled to the new E: location

I did that about 10 years ago and since then I've done the same transfer from E: to D:

I've never had any problems, just had to put the new install settings into DiM if I use that.

also my Carrara shows it's 16GB in size cool

Post edited by Stezza on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191

Jan_Scrapper said:

I'm uninstalling first and might install again on C:

Sounds good.  I used to be more disciplined about clearing out the old stuff on hard drives.  Then I got a pair of 2TB SSD's and barely get up to 25% full.  frown