mcjLinks is Online: re-orient and re-scale link(s) (any node) to reach a target

mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
edited August 2022 in Freebies

mcjLinks is Online ( as a beta that will be upgraded )

Your actors can now tow a tennis court with your space scooters

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/mcjlinks <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

the most common link is a cylinder that you re-labeled to, for example LINK_Kite, as long as the label has the prefix 'link' it's usable as a link

for my needs the links were primitive-cylinders, I had a spaceship towing a tennis court so I needed 3 links 

and when Isabella dropped the tennis court on planet Pi, I didn't want to re-orient and re-scale my cylinders manually

this free Daz Studio script, re-orients and re-scales cylinders (or anything ) so that it reaches a target location.

you rename the primitive cylinder(s) to LINKwhatever and the script can "see" all your links, you can then select

which Links will stretch their neck to the selected target object. You can do it for the current frame or a whole animation

thmcjLinksDemo00.gif
150 x 84 - 84K
Post edited by mCasual on

Comments

• can't wait to test it ! bravo and thanks ;)

• It seems like a really simple idea. I imagine that the implementation is amazingly not-simple. I look forward to it being released. Regards, Richard.
  • mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604

the script ( in beta ) will be posted a few minutes from now

at https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/mcjlinks

then later I'll add things like the ability to remove the keyframes on the links

and untwisting them because for now, the rotation along the rotation axis

doesn't really participate in the pointing-at orientation and can end up being

a random value ( due to the XYZ rotation order I suppose

the idea is that you create a standing stick (cylinder) aka The Link

any length, it doesn't matter

- you place the base of the link anywhere ( ex: where the top ball of the tetrahedron is located )

- you select one object in the scene aka The Target ( ex: one of the floor-balls of the tetrahedron)

- you run the script

- you select from the list of links in the scene the one(s) you want to reach the target

- you click the Do-It button

- the script stretches/shrinks and re-orients the link(s) so that it/they reach the selected target (ex: floor ball)

note: to get a tetrahedron with only equilateral triangles, the height of the Cone must be 65.7107 % of its diameter. But Daz Studio's 3-sided primitive cones have precision issues, so it's 71.9532 % of its diameter

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
    edited August 2022

mcjLinks is Online ( as a beta that will be upgraded )

Your actors can now tow a tennis court with your space scooters

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/mcjlinks

Coco Heads to Planet Pi with A Gangnam Style Indoor Tennis CourtmcjLinks.jpg
    800 x 450 - 62K
    Post edited by mCasual on