edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

hi

is there any settings to set the uv map size that it save from the uv view
it to small to work on (415X415)?

thanks

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,152
    edited December 1969

The product library has Genesis 3 templates to download. Would those work for you?

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

On the uv window there is a small "camera". One can take a screenshot/snapshot of the uv template. This is fine to have a general idea of where things are.
    However to actually get a decent uv template to work on one of the uv utilities such as UV-Viewer give better results ... just save the images as "square" ones.

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited December 1969

I used to use UVMapper Classic until Patience recommended UV-Viewer, I have not looked back - Thank you again Patience :)

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

I used to use UVMapper Classic until Patience recommended UV-Viewer, I have not looked back - Thank you again Patience :)

Oh you're welcome ;-) First I heard of it Chohole was saying she uses it. So ultimately thanks back to Chohole :-)

• Sky HndxSky Hndx Posts: 142
    edited December 1969

I used to open the UV map in photoshop and enlarge it there but of course it would be pixelated and I'd just hope for the best. Then I switched to uv mapping then painting it using a 1024x1024 or larger map from the Material tab then fiddle with it in photoshop if I needed to and hope for the best. Then I read in one of these forums about uvmapper and I downloaded it but forgot I had it. Now it seems there's something new to try out. :P