Help with fitting hose in DS please:)

Guardian Angel 671Guardian Angel 671 Posts: 213
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Ok I'm working on a render that has V4 in it & she is standing with 1 leg bent & propped on a chair.How can I get the hose to fit her properly. I did it in a render long time ago & can't remember how I got the hose to fit right.Is there a secret to DS & hose lol?

thankies much

Rose

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    edited December 1969

How badly is it not fitting? If it's not following the pose at all you need to fit it to the figure, assuming it's made for the figure you are using and is itself a figure and not a dynamic prop. Minor bulges may have adjustment morphs in the tights to fix them.

• Guardian Angel 671Guardian Angel 671 Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Richard I moved it from DS3 to DS4.5 so I can try out the transfer active morphs.I've got most the hose to fit except at the left ankle.Here is a render of the area i have left.The lighting isn't great-haven't fixed it yet lol.i was wondering if that little bit can be done with magnets & if there is a tut for using ds4 magnets?

hose_fit.jpg
    700 x 989 - 375K
    edited December 1969

Ugh, yes. Is this on the figure it was made for, not autofitted to Genesis? Have you tried adding a smoothing modifier to the tights, with collision detection on?

edited August 2012

i ran the smoothing modifier but it didn't let me set collision detection. so i bet that was my prob.actually i don't even think it opened anything for me to set that.-was my first time trying that step.the hose is on v4 with a character morph used.it's meant for v4,a4, or g4 or a mix i think

Post edited by Guardian Angel 671 on
    edited December 1969

i got this result when i ran the smoothing modifier.

hose_fit.jpg
    700 x 989 - 373K
    edited December 1969

There's certainly something very odd there, either in the clothing or in the pose of the figure (and that looks OK at a glance). Which item is this?

edited August 2012

this 1 -Hypnotic Lingerie(link edited out due to not viewable ) but i always have issues with hose-no matter what type or which version of DS. I'm just cursed with it:) I just updated my DS to the newest release so may re-try the smoothing modifier.

edited December 1969

Your link goes to a "not currently available for viewing" page for me, but I have a limited range of lingerie and I don't think any sets of stocking or tights from Renderoisty, so I probably can't test it myself.

edited December 1969

oh I forgot -it was a sneak peak item from yesterday it's the Hypnotic Lingerie set. Sorry bout that. I had no issues with anything else. & I think the leg part & foot part is almost adjustable separately-think that's why it bunched at ankle.

edited December 1969

at what point of apply smoothing modifier is it supposed to let you set it for collision detection? I had to re-add the hose because some reason my saved file didn't have the hose in it. & even after updating-I get same results.

edited December 1969

You set the Collision target and so on in the Parameters pane after applying the modifier.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited August 2012

Studio 4 should also automatically set the collision item to the figure the stockings were 'Fit' to, so you usually don't have to change that setting. What often needs tweaking is the number of collision iterations and smoothing iterations. Smoothing of generation 4 clothing I find often works best with the iterations dropped to between two to five, much lower than the default 20. Collision iterations I find need much less tweaking.

I use the BO SuperHose from Renderosity most of the time when I need stockings on a generation 4 figure. They have a fair few adjustment morphs in them for the different sections. E.g., AdjustThigh, AdjustShin, AdjustHeel, etc. My usual approach is to shrink them to around 99% scale after fitting them to a figure. I then further tweak the adjustment morphs, particularly the thighs, to have the stockings just dip under the skin of the figure. Then use smoothing and collision and you get a super-tight fit. (I can't stand renders where the hosiery is floating away from the legs; it just looks horrid.)

A couple examples of this technique with the BO SuperHose (both NSFW): Simple Nude 001 and Couch Sirens (the girl in red, the other is using the dynamic clothing stockings from Optitex's Santa's Helper outfit).

Post edited by cwichura on
    edited August 2012

thank you both sooooo much.i've been dying for a way to get hose in ds to fit good---i think i may finally be able too.i owe ya both big hugs. i found those adjustments in the parameter tab & fixed the horrid bunching & most of the pokies.i'll still have hopefully very slight postwork but not as much lol.when i get this done-i'll try to get a link posted:)

edit---

here it is finished : http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2359044 again thankies very much for the help.

• jerhamjerham Posts: 153
    edited August 2012

I saw you're topic a few days ago and was having the same problem. In the mean time i solved it in a different way as mentioned in this thread, that i wanted to share (DAZ version 4.5).

Tested it with superhose and several other stocking products

-Conform the superhose on to Genesis.
    -From autofit select V4 and the Pants (Thight) option.
    -Do not use the Smooth modifier
    -Select the superhose in the scene menu
    -Right click on the scene tab
    -Select the "Assets -> Transfer utility" from the menu
    -Source: Genesis from the drop down menu scene item
    -Target: (super) hose from the drop down menu scene item
    -Accept and enjoy :-)

Now the superhose is a lot better fitted and also will follow genesis when shaping her/him

EDIT: By accident typed the boots option for autofit, this should be the pants tight option. If you chose the boots option with the superhose, the hip will be not follow the shapes correct. Other stocking product (with no hip work also work with the boot option correct)

Superhose.jpg
    661 x 919 - 78K
    Post edited by jerham on