AOBB's head morph Violet for G8.1F based on Elizabeth Taylor. No materials nor textures.

AOBBAOBB Posts: 957
edited July 2022 in Freebies

Wow, I didn't expect I would make this head morph so fast! One day - that is a record of mine! It was so easy to make it, I'm totally dumbfounded. surprise

Anyway, I present you Violet:

Please, noncommercial use only!

Assets used in the promo images:

Adrian Fishtail Gown for G8.*F

Jewelled Excellence – Earrings 3 for G3,8F

Cute Baby Hairs for G8F

Beautiful Brows II for G8.*F (Brow8, Brow10)

Lashes Utilities for G2,3,8.*

BOSS Pro Light Set for Portraits & Promos

MSO Rain HD for G8.1F (PBR skin material)

MSO Mina HD for G8.1F (lip material)

Ultimate PBR Shader Makeup for G8.1F

Materials Wizard for G8.*F

Per usual - please indulge me and post your renderings with Violet in this thread for me and everyone else to enjoy!

BTW: The name Violet for this head morph came from the myth that Elizabeth Taylor had violet eyes. They were actually blue but my character is true to the myth! wink

Enjoy, guys!

Cheers,

AOBB

Violet F.png
502 x 750 - 1M
Violet TQ.png
502 x 750 - 593K
Violet P.png
502 x 750 - 1M
zip
zip
Violet for G8.1F.zip
2M
Post edited by AOBB on

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

lovely likeness

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 957
    edited July 2022
    Post edited by AOBB on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,065
    I must admit I remembered her with a more rounded face, but going to Google images showed you've got the young Elizabeth Taylor absolutely spot on. Remarkable likeness. Regards, Richard.
    edited July 2022

Thank you, Richard. I am attaching some photos of a young Elizabeth Taylor for comparison, because indeed people probably remember her most from her later years...

698912b951e8f1448c8ec702b354786b.jpg
    736 x 733 - 79K
    fdb409c35c3d26f8292b918c53295d5f.jpg
    500 x 733 - 41K
    Liz-Tayor-GettyImages-138638486-e1645879913201.jpg
    960 x 1200 - 221K
    Post edited by AOBB on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,909
    edited July 2022

I used Zevo's Aging Morphs to make her a bit older to match the movie the render is from. I rendered it for a shorter period as I didn't want it to look too "clean", more like movies from the 50's.

Which movie is this? Let's see if you can place it smiley

Violet.png
    1440 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by DoctorJellybean on

As I really only know one of her films, all I can say with certainty is 'It's not Cleopatra'. yeswink

Regards,

Richard.

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 917

Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf?

nabob21 said:

Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf?

Correct laugh

Now we need Richard Burton.

edited July 2022

I knew this was from "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" the moment I looked at your render, @DoctorJellybean! That was quite a movie and Elizabeth Taylor was a really good sport for allowing herself to be turned into an old, drunk, meanspirited hag. I realize it makes perfect sense that I do a Richard Burton morph but I have already several other head morphs in mind that I want to make first. I'm not saying "no" but just that it will take me a while before I even consider making him.

BTW, I'm a big fan of the record album "War of the Worlds" that Richard Burton was a narrator on. What a voice! Epic! 

Great render, right on the money, DoctorJellybean! yessmiley

Post edited by AOBB on
  • perlkperlk Posts: 847
    edited July 2022

Anyone need her earrings? ie. https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Iu700BYWN7s/TtOQSzaeqfI/AAAAAAAAGbM/wnDCxpxT2ss/s1600/item0_rendition_slideshowWideHorizontal_elizabeth-taylor-jewelry-ss01.jpg

I am working on modeling them in Hexagon. Here's my WIP:

They're close. I just realized the emerald is a slightly different shape and without a back, so I'll be fixing that up before release.

Elizabeth-earrings.png
    1000 x 1167 - 1M
    Post edited by perlk on

That looks very nice indeed!

AOBB said:

I knew this was from "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" the moment I looked at your render, @DoctorJellybean! That was quite a movie and Elizabeth Taylor was a really good sport for allowing herself to be turned into an old, drunk, meanspirited hag. I realize it makes perfect sense that I do a Richard Burton morph but I have already several other head morphs in mind that I want to make first. I'm not saying "no" but just that it will take me a while before I even consider making him.

BTW, I'm a big fan of the record album "War of the Worlds" that Richard Burton was a narrator on. What a voice! Epic! 

Great render, right on the money, DoctorJellybean! yessmiley

Thank you. It took a number of attempts to get it how I wanted it.

Perlk, I can't say I need the earrings, but that's not the same as not being absolutely desperate to get them if they're available. They really look quite something.

Regards,

Richard

• Mark OREZMark OREZ Posts: 75

DoctorJellybean Your image looks great and that face expression haha perfect !

I recognize much better Elisabeth in your render.

edited July 2022

She's gorgeous, thank you. Earrings up soon!

Elizabeth.png
    1000 x 1167 - 2M
    Post edited by perlk on

Your are welcome, perlk! That's an excellent idea with the jewelry. Great earrings! I was trying to find some really glamorous, diamond jewelry for Violet and Sweetheart but without success. Your earrings will fill that void - at least a bit. If you plan on making more high-end jewelry, then a necklace would be nice (hint, hint..) wink

Your render is beautiful! There is no short, not-messy curly hair available in the DAZ store but your hair of choice works pretty well. I like how Violet looks straight at you sideways. Very nice posing and those earings look perfect. Thank you for sharing your work! heart

AOBB said:

Your are welcome, perlk! That's an excellent idea with the jewelry. Great earrings! I was trying to find some really glamorous, diamond jewelry for Violet and Sweetheart but without success. Your earrings will fill that void - at least a bit. If you plan on making more high-end jewelry, then a necklace would be nice (hint, hint..) wink

Your render is beautiful! There is no short, not-messy curly hair available in the DAZ store but your hair of choice works pretty well. I like how Violet looks straight at you sideways. Very nice posing and those earings look perfect. Thank you for sharing your work! heart

Thanks @AOBB! Yes, there is a major lack of hair that looks similar to Liz's. I tried Marisandra for V4 but it looked weird. Portia looks a little too Marilyn-y for a Liz render. Hair modelers! Attention here, please!!!

@perlk - Yes!  To hair modelers - if you don't have any bright ideas for hair styles, then how about those well-groomed hair from the 50's and 40's. I'm thinking the hairstyles like Grace Kelly and Elizabeth Taylor wore. The vintage hair styles in the DAZ store aren't well defined, they need more structure. If someone would like to do a "classic wave" for Grace Kelly, then please notice that she always wore her hair completely off her forehead. Thank you so much in advance! smileyyes

4dfa00fc0a994b6db04e6bf51fde52ce.jpg
    2030 x 2560 - 554K
    4db40283dbd80a559db53679cade877d--princess-grace-kelly-amazing-grace.jpg
    499 x 700 - 40K
    a005b01644a19a4b3cd087edca576478.jpg
    692 x 865 - 116K
    16160893498927.jpg
    2048 x 2562 - 827K

If only I was good at modeling hair!!! These would be perfect.

@perlk - Wouldn't they?! It's so strange - DAZ has so many things devoted to the Noir aesthetic but there are also some glaring omissions like real hairstyles from that period, clothing (a proper trench coat and fedora for a detective would be nice - the dForce versions that are available now are no good) or two piece skirt suits from the 40's just to mention a couple. Without that it is very hard to do a proper Noir scene (and not only).

I wanted to do a an image with Sweetheart based on the famous "Diamonds Are The Girl's Best Friend" scene but while actually a very old version for V4 of the pink dress is available...

https://www.daz3d.com/screen-goddess-for-the-mfd

...there are no said diamonds to go with it (and an updated version of that dress would be excellent too)!

I, for one, would be happy to pull out the cash and pay for stuff from the Golden Age of Hollywood times and I am sure I'm not the only one. Now it is all cyberpunk and fantasy. There is so much more than that! sad

Mark_OREZ said:

DoctorJellybean Your image looks great and that face expression haha perfect !

I recognize much better Elisabeth in your render.

Thank you!

@perlk - something like that, yes. Something Harry Winston - oscar style or Cartier. Are you willing to make one, @perlk? That would be fantastic!!! smileyyeskiss

AOBB said:

@perlk - something like that, yes. Something Harry Winston - oscar style or Cartier. Are you willing to make one, @perlk? That would be fantastic!!! smileyyeskiss

Challenge accepted! *throws down her gauntlet*

@perlk - YOU are fantastic! laughheart This is awesome! Thank you so much! smileyyes

• ShadowBox24ShadowBox24 Posts: 184

WOW AOBB.... The likeness is spot-on! fantastic work heart

DoctorJellybean said:

I used Zevo's Aging Morphs to make her a bit older to match the movie the render is from. I rendered it for a shorter period as I didn't want it to look too "clean", more like movies from the 50's.

Which movie is this? Let's see if you can place it smiley

Dr JellyBean what a brilliant image .......fantastic work!

perlk said:

Brilliant work Perlk....two Daz thumbs up yesyes

perlk said:

Brilliant work Perlk....two Daz thumbs up yesyes