pweffect and pwghost

elkrighnelkrighn Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello, i was wondering if anyone has any good tips for using pweffects and pwghost. Im having some troubles getting them to look like what the pictures look like. Thank you.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738
    edited December 1969

What are your render settings? What are you getting when you use the shaders?

• elkrighnelkrighn Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

my render settings...man. i think i might have bit more than i can chew. i just hit the render button thinking it would do it on its own. im just using the default settings i guess.

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

Dude, I just went through this myself. The 1.1 installers are buggy and don't work in DS4P RC3. Reset your downloads and get the 1.2 installers, which DO work. Also, when you apply a shader/preset, you won't necessarily see it in the preview window: on my machine, the affected object's diffuse and ambient colors change, and I have to do a render to verify that the shader is actually working.

• KmaKma Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi
    Something wrong here.
    I have used this shader with DS4, (see photo) many times.
    Now when I'm rendering in DS4,5, getting just a colored object (see photo).
    What do you mean "1.1 installer"?, Sarsifus?
    What is it?

Lorian_8_800.jpg
    800 x 587 - 138K
    Lewrana-NewCreation-Blackd-Go-Way_C.jpg
    400 x 309 - 28K
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

1.1 refers to the version of the shaders which were updated to 1.2. Reset your dowloads and reinstall. I have them and they are working in DS4.5.1.6

edited December 1969

Thanks, was quick!

Lewrana-NewCreation-Blackd-Go-Way_C3.jpg
    400 x 309 - 36K
    edited December 1969

Niceee!

edited December 1969

Yes, works better than ever :-)

Lewrana-NewCreation-Blackd-Go-Way_D_600.jpg
    600 x 464 - 64K
    edited December 1969

To put a spotlight above the object, can make a big difference.
    Would like to see some tricks, if someone experienced some unusual result with this shader.

Lewrana-NewCreation-Blackd-Go-Way_Ddd600.jpg
    600 x 464 - 93K
    edited December 1969

I have only done two images with pwGhost. Page one, first image and page 7. See my sig for my render thread. I used pwghost and took this rendered layer in to Photoshop.

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited October 2012

DAZ really needs to implement a product update notification system. Every time a new version of something becomes available, everyone who purchased that item needs to get an email about it, or a notification the next time they check into the store -- SOMETHING. I get product update notifications from Renderosity and Runtime DNA -- why not DAZ?

Post edited by Morpheon on
    edited December 1969

Simply put it isn't ready yet but eventually it will come. I just keep paitent and hope it will be soon.

• JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited December 1969

Just loaded the pwEffects bundle and it only works once then refuses to work again unless I save and close out daz completely open it back up an apply to a new character for example I can not use it on Two people in the same render. Will not allow me to put effects on stones or cubes or anything other than what is considered organic matter in the real world. They are the updated installers and I am running DS4 32 bit version any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am sure it is something simple I am missing.

edited December 1969

You have to select all objects first in the SURFACES window.
    I have made an example for you, with different objects.
    I have DS 4.5.0.114
    I also suggest to unistall the plugin and install it again (but I'm not an expert)

ScreenShot007.jpg
    899 x 508 - 195K
    ScreenShot006.jpg
    899 x 508 - 244K
    ScreenShot005.jpg
    899 x 508 - 238K
    edited December 1969

pwGhost 1.2 updated for DS4.5.
    If you have DS 4, maybe you have to use the 1.1 version (just a guess)

• JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited December 1969

kmahu said:
    pwGhost 1.2 updated for DS4.5.
    If you have DS 4, maybe you have to use the 1.1 version (just a guess)

Thanks Kmahu,

I will try this when i get home tonight and I have been putting off Upgrading to the latest and greatest but this just might be my excuse to do it. :)

• BrianG61BrianG61 Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

kmahu said:
    You have to select all objects first in the SURFACES window.
    I have made an example for you, with different objects.
    I have DS 4.5.0.114
    I also suggest to unistall the plugin and install it again (but I'm not an expert)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

This was by far THE most helpful tip on getting this to work that I've found. I'm using DS 4.6. I got it to work once on a primitive, and I don't remember how, but then never again until I read your post. You deserve a medal.

• nettanetta Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

great it works again, except for the light bulb one...anyone got settings or tips for this?
    did anyone ever make other addons for pwghost? like other colors.effects, ect?

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Since pwEffect also includes the 'ghost' effect shader, I just use that whenever I want a ghastly ghoul in my art. The benefit to that is that you can easily change the colours of your ghost, to make them look green, red or yellow.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited December 1969

I've been messing about with the ghost shader and some new items.

Ghost Rider

ghost-rider-002.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 410K
    ghost-rider-001.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 393K
    edited December 1969

A few more quick renders.

ghost-rider-005.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 404K
    ghost-rider-004.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 386K
    ghost-rider-003.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 409K
  • ssweetessweete Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

I got this for the lamp shown in the promo and the content thumb,
    But have never gotte a lamp to actually look like its lit up.
    What are your settings for the last two yellow images above?

edited December 1969

All I did was chhose the surface I wanted the shader to fill and double clicked the 'Lamplight' shader in pw Effect Resources and that is the way it rendered.

Here are another couple. This time I added it to the hat.

ghost-rider-007.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 110K
    ghost-rider-006.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 196K
    edited December 1969

Another couple. This time I used it on the window glass and used 'Crackling Pink' on the hair.

ghost-rider-009.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 233K
    ghost-rider-008.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 232K
  • DushkaDushka Posts: 17

Does anybody know if pwEffect is supposed to work with DS 4.9? Either it's not compatible with 4.9 or I'm doing something wrong. Everything looks as it should in the Surfaces shader tabs (as besst I can tell), but it always renders as a bright white object. (Rendering in 3Delight.)

Does anybody know if pwEffect is supposed to work with DS 4.9? Either it's not compatible with 4.9 or I'm doing something wrong. Everything looks as it should in the Surfaces shader tabs (as besst I can tell), but it always renders as a bright white object. (Rendering in 3Delight.)

It doesn't work in Iray. Make sure you are rendering in 3Delight.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738

Working here, in 4.9.3.166. Make sure you are usinbg 3Delight as the engine in Render Settings, not just applying the 3Delight shader to surfaces.

pwEffect in 4-9-3-166.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 614K

I'm definitely rendering in 3Delight, but still no luck. I'm probably missing something quite elementary — unforgivable for someone who has been playing with DS for almost 10 years. I'm also using 4.9.3.166. Will keep at it. Thanks for the input.

• Have you checked the end of the log fiel after rendering - Help>Troubleshooting>View log